about recent inactivity

A General Discussion forum for TI calculators

Moderator: MaxCoderz Staff

DJ_O
Calc King

about recent inactivity

Post by DJ_O »

As you might have noticed I haven't been active very much lately. In fact I haven't programmed anything huge for calculators for over one or two month. Right now I have some ideas about a new game but this post is just to let you know about what might happen in the future. If I don't start any new huge project in the next 2 months or if I start a new project and it fails due to lack of time or motivation this will mean that I am not feeling like programming for calcs anymore and I'll officially resignate from calculator programming. If, however, I start a new project and it become successful or if it fails due to lack of memory or because it's impossible to do on a calc we'll see then and maybe I'll try another project.

In conclusion this news is just to let you know about my future "possible" retirement from TI programming. However keep in mind that I'll still be visiting the forums regulary to give support and seek for new games.
Image Image Image Now active at https://discord.gg/cuZcfcF (CodeWalrus server)
dysfunction
Calc Master

Post by dysfunction »

Well, I hope you can do a game that blows us all away. If not, I'm glad you'll at least be around.

"You're very clever, young man, but it's turtles all the way down!"
CoBB
MCF Legend

Post by CoBB »

'Official retirement'? Why are some people making such a big fuss about this calculator thing?
lloydkirk1989
Calc Wizard

Post by lloydkirk1989 »

Some people have put alot of time into it.
pacHa
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by pacHa »

...and some people seem not to have a life apart from this...
lloydkirk1989
Calc Wizard

Post by lloydkirk1989 »

lol...so true :lol:
DJ_O
Calc King

Post by DJ_O »

pacHa wrote:...and some people seem not to have a life apart from this...
...or a job...
thecheat
Calc Guru

Post by thecheat »

I like your new avatar kevin.... so what wouldyou do besides this... get a job? :o :lol:
DJ_O
Calc King

Post by DJ_O »

I alerady have a job
Kozak
Maxcoderz Staff

Post by Kozak »

I think the gross of the people here do not really actively program for calculators and only check the board one time a day or something. Calculators is not something that should take up your life and then immediately cut it off like it's something serious. I've been in that stage but I still enjoy talking here and some times programming something small.
"They say that sea was created by a man named Maarten Zwartbol, a long time ago...." - Duck, an old Corbin version
tr1p1ea
Maxcoderz Staff

Post by tr1p1ea »

Yeah i tend to not do as much calc programming as i used to ... i dont know whether its motivation or time or a combination of both, but i really wish i could find the right stuff to get some more projects out there.
"My world is Black & White. But if I blink fast enough, I see it in Grayscale."
lloydkirk1989
Calc Wizard

Post by lloydkirk1989 »

Kozak wrote:I think the gross of the people here do not really actively program for calculators and only check the board one time a day or something. Calculators is not something that should take up your life and then immediately cut it off like it's something serious. I've been in that stage but I still enjoy talking here and some times programming something small.
Thats kind of odd comming from someone who's been programming calcs since early 2002. Though I do share a similar perspective. I have yet to produce a game, atleast any that I thought were worthy to submit to ticalc.org, but when I make one, it will probably be my last one. Calc programming doesn't realy go anywere, unless you're interested in programming a gameboy. :roll:
Kerey

Post by Kerey »

lloydkirk1989 wrote:Calc programming doesn't realy go anywere, unless you're interested in programming a gameboy. :roll:
I disagree. I talk about Narkemen in job interviews, along with my robotics projects. It's always good to show you do something outside of just getting good grades, regardless of how trivial you may think it to be.
dysfunction
Calc Master

Post by dysfunction »

I find that I'm actually programming MORE often now than ever before. Of course, I've only been at this less than three years.

"You're very clever, young man, but it's turtles all the way down!"
Kozak
Maxcoderz Staff

Post by Kozak »

Kerey wrote:
lloydkirk1989 wrote:Calc programming doesn't realy go anywere, unless you're interested in programming a gameboy. :roll:
I disagree. I talk about Narkemen in job interviews, along with my robotics projects. It's always good to show you do something outside of just getting good grades, regardless of how trivial you may think it to be.
Cool, maybe i should do that too 8) .
"They say that sea was created by a man named Maarten Zwartbol, a long time ago...." - Duck, an old Corbin version