How did you hear of maxcoderz?

A General Discussion forum for TI calculators

Moderator: MaxCoderz Staff

kv83
Maxcoderz Staff

How did you hear of maxcoderz?

Post by kv83 »

I was kinda intrested how you guys got in touch with maxcoderz. Why did you come to our board?

For myself, some years ago, I saw a kid "flaming" on the Void board that Ashgan should get a chance, because many weren't to intrested in it. Yes yes, that little fellow's name was Kozak... a young boy who just learned ASM for a couple of weeks... ah yeah, the good 'ol days. Back than ashgan had a 1-tile-at-a-time walking engine... veeeeery impressive ;) ah well.. the standard for quality games has been raised a lot since than
chronoflare

Post by chronoflare »

i just came here because one of my friends told me... i should post more here.
Kozak
Maxcoderz Staff

Post by Kozak »

xCoderz just died so I hang at cahaltech.com and other boards. I saw some guys starting a new programming group named maxCoderz (Steve, and Martin). I wasn't interested in them, I was interested in RPGs! I applied to Alienhead but I was denied since I only made some stupid BASIC games. Then I spammed Martin to accept me into maxCoderz, I was accepted. For some reason they have all quit since :o.
"They say that sea was created by a man named Maarten Zwartbol, a long time ago...." - Duck, an old Corbin version
tr1p1ea
Maxcoderz Staff

Post by tr1p1ea »

I used to visit ticalc.org all the time. To be honest i never really knew of any ti related programming groups. Then one day Duck's GPP got featured and i became really interested in coding for my 83. Then i visited the MaxCoderz website and was AMAZED! at all the quality games that were there (especially Corbin) ... so i signed up to the forums :).
"My world is Black & White. But if I blink fast enough, I see it in Grayscale."
leofox
Calc Master

Post by leofox »

well, i post at UnitedTI a lot, at i guess someone said something about MaxCoderz there. That, or ticalc, or google. I don't really know anymore (stupid memory!)
CalcKing

Post by CalcKing »

I think I first came to MaxCoderz after reading this. :lol:
the_unknown_one
Calc Master

good old days

Post by the_unknown_one »

I came about a year ago, after i had heard about you at ticalc.org... The good old days :P
coelurus
Calc Wizard

Post by coelurus »

I heard of Maxcoderz when Kozak started to ask me a load of questions about my first raycasting demo. Praise him for Gemini, if he hadn't started asking questions, I'd never have worked on my raycasters :)
VahnRPG
Extreme Poster

Post by VahnRPG »

I was still a part of TI-World at the time and one of the members, Joe Flint, was interviewed by you guys. Then TI-World went down for a long time and I still was into calc programming, so I asked Joe P if I could join ^_^ glad I did, too. Best time of my life :D
I'd rather be a nobody remembered by someone than a somebody remembered by noone.

'Boku' can't save the world - Blaze Rennaul
--'Boku' doesn't have to... - Klyne Ryuuno
Blue World - Coming soon
blueskies
Calc Wizard

Post by blueskies »

hmm...a history lesson. I belive I found the alienhead boards a long time ago when I first got my calc. I was pretty amazed by Chrono Trigger. Then the site collapsed or something and I lost interest. I think somehow I found it again a few months later and had a link to Maxcoderz or something. It's hard to remember from so long ago though. I don't even think I started posting until about a year into reading the boards. I always just read the programming help section and tried to learn.
Mortal-God

Post by Mortal-God »

Well I started programming when someone at school told me about ticalc, and how I should send my games in there. At the time I was working on an Area 51 remake in basic. It looked pretty good but was way to slow and only had one level, the enemies just popped up more frequently the further you got. Anyway back to the story. So somehow I am not exactly sure but I found Void, I hung out around there a lot, Harper even wrote me a tutorial about using tables, I think it is still in his .plan. In any case around that time I had been working on Final Fantasy for a little while (this was back in '02 i had been working on the game for a little less than a year I think). So sometime after that I released a version of Final Fantasy that was actually decent and it sparked some debate, T-nm (is that right) was interested in the project and began emailing me. He eventually mentioned Maxcoderz and so I came over to check it out and answer some questions. And so the bond between Forum and programmer was forged...
teoryn

Post by teoryn »

I just had to see how well I could do in the pong competetion, and from there I decided to stay around.
You've seen the posts, now see the sites!
http://hiddenuniverse.blogspot.com
http://teoryn.deviantart.com
L-Man

Post by L-Man »

ha me to! I got introduced by my friend to ticalc.org so i use to visit it alot (he introduced me to asm to,before he lost intrest in it), then one day there was a article at ticalc .org about a pong competition hosted by Maxcoderz, and Greenfire so i went to the websites and ive been here ever since. :D
visit www.PRGMERz.tk
Lookng For new Members.
tokijnct

Post by tokijnct »

It started once I asked a friend where to get files for the calculator about two three years ago. Soon after, I ran into the FFTOM series and learned about maxcoderz. Nuff said
Duck
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by Duck »

Kozak wrote:xCoderz just died so I hang at cahaltech.com and other boards. I saw some guys starting a new programming group named maxCoderz (Steve, and Martin). I wasn't interested in them, I was interested in RPGs! I applied to Alienhead but I was denied since I only made some stupid BASIC games. Then I spammed Martin to accept me into maxCoderz, I was accepted. For some reason they have all quit since :o.
And then I came up with Corbin, solicitated for Maxcoderz, was denied too, then Maarten accepted me anyway and we took the lead :)