Space Station Pheta

A forum where you can announce your awesome project(s).

Moderator: MaxCoderz Staff

CompWiz
Calc King

Post by CompWiz »

I played it some. It's a great game. :D I'll have more time to try it out during my boring physics class on monday. :)

How exactly do you go about making your own maps? And how about some instructions? Could you make up a readme that tells us what the items are for? :?
In Memory of the Maxcoderz Trophy Image
threefingeredguy
Calc King

Post by threefingeredguy »

Yes, lemme type that up, I wll post it soon. Tonight or tomorrow 'round about 10 am US Central time.
kalan_vod
Calc King

Post by kalan_vod »

threefingeredguy wrote:Yes, lemme type that up, I wll post it soon. Tonight or tomorrow 'round about 10 am US Central time.
Don't forget the map sizes :P.
threefingeredguy
Calc King

Yup, they are in bold (its an html file of a visual faq).
CompWiz
Calc King

Post by CompWiz »

I think I may have found a bug. When I was playing the game, I paused it, and set down the calc. A little bit later(after calc had turned off), I unpaused it, and accidentally killed the character. When the level started again, there were a bunch of random tiles across the screen, including multiple copies of the character. I could move around a bit in this strange environment.
threefingeredguy
Calc King

That means that something overwrote the map buffer or you left the bounds of the screen. Maybe the APD messed up the X and Y values in saferam. I'll look into that. So when you unpaused, did you hit clear, splat after falling some distance, or land on spikes to die?
CompWiz
Calc King

Post by CompWiz »

I think I landed on spikes, but I could have just fallen too far.

I should have been able to use my next life. I ended up with a bunch of random tiles covering the screen, including a few of the character. I could move around on the wierdly placed blocks a little, but I got stuck quickly.

I have also had a few ram clears(I don't really care, as I had everything archived). I think it may have to do with this program in some way, as I didn't have any problem before I used this program.

Otherwise, the game is fun. One thing though. could you make it so that if you beat a few levels, you can start after them from then on? It's annoying to keep having to do the first levels over and over again.
threefingeredguy
Calc King

+ and - do level skip. Hm, I don't get ram clears in this program. Maybe that's a CruchyOS bug? I don't really see how, but it could be.
necro
Calc King

Post by necro »

oooh...crunchy os burn...
CompWiz
Calc King

Post by CompWiz »

CrunchyOS has never done that before. In fact, it has special RAM protection, so that crashes that would clear the RAM in mirage don't clear the ram, or corrupt the program that crashed. I haven't had a probem until Space Station Pheta. :P

Anyway, it doesn't really bother me. I don't keep anything in Ram.

I may have found something. Does your program use the lists? In my memory, the lists give me the ERR:MEMORY error. They don't show any size. Also, I think one of the ram clears happened when I tried to delete the lists.

Also, somehow looking at the lists in the memory menu put some wierd text on the screen. This happened before after playing your game.
threefingeredguy
Calc King

Nope, I never messed with any lists or variables. I had a similar problem with Wizards, have you used that program lately?
CompWiz
Calc King

Post by CompWiz »

No, but it could have been another program.

Any level building info out yet? Have any other levels been made?
threefingeredguy
Calc King

Some have said they are making them, but I don't have them yet.

The info will be out soon. I am making an easy to use visual walkthrough in html with plenty of screenshots. The part you probably will use is the appendix, it tells you what the tiles do from every direction and such. The beginning is for people who haven't played SSP or used CalcGS.
CompWiz
Calc King

Post by CompWiz »

threefingeredguy wrote: The info will be out soon. I am making an easy to use visual walkthrough in html with plenty of screenshots. The part you probably will use is the appendix, it tells you what the tiles do from every direction and such. The beginning is for people who haven't played SSP or used CalcGS.
:excited: :excited: :worship: :worship: :mrgreen:
Sounds great! I can't wait to try it out. :D
katmaster
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by katmaster »

Yeah, sounds cool, I'll probably make a level too :)
cheese=yum