Space Station Pheta

A forum where you can announce your awesome project(s).

Moderator: MaxCoderz Staff

necro
Calc King

Post by necro »

are you going to use the original engine for ssp2 or will it be a whole new engine? Also, when will work start?
threefingeredguy
Calc King

Post by threefingeredguy »

'T would be new and I wouldnt start until after I do HP:HQ.
katmaster
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by katmaster »

YAY!!!!!!!!!!!! No more work done, lalalalalala!!!!
cheese=yum
threefingeredguy
Calc King

PindurTI screenshot.
kalan_vod
Calc King

Post by kalan_vod »

Looks pretty sweet and I like the level selector :D. WHY NOT USE CUNCHYOS!!!! :twisted: ..
katmaster
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by katmaster »

yeah, totally AWESOME. Mirage is better :twisted:
cheese=yum
CompWiz
Calc King

Post by CompWiz »

kalan_vod wrote:Looks pretty sweet and I like the level selector :D. WHY NOT USE CUNCHYOS!!!! :twisted: ..
Definitely. CrunchyOS is so much better. It's like AMD vs. Intel. No contest. (don't think too deeply into that, and please don't apply it back onto AMD.*feels another heated discussion coming on, but hopes to avoid it*)

Also, it would be nice if you could make a compressed version with the CrunchyOS compression sometime. It could save a lot of archive space.
In Memory of the Maxcoderz Trophy Image
threefingeredguy
Calc King

Meh, I don't know how to write for Crunchy and Mirage is the most widely used, so I'm appealing to the mainstream.
threefingeredguy
Calc King

So this is not really much different than the last thing I released except for some updated HUD and external levels stuff. Also includes the CalcGS sprite sheets so you can make your OWN levels. The example external level source is included so that you can even compile them and test them out. Remember this: for teleporters put the x and y destination coords in the 2 tiles after a teleporter block using tile# - 39. So tile 39 is 0, 40 is 1 , etc. Have fun and show me what you come up with.
Liazon
Calc Guru

Post by Liazon »

threefingeredguy wrote:Meh, I don't know how to write for Crunchy and Mirage is the most widely used, so I'm appealing to the mainstream.
Crunchy isn't ION based?
Image Image Image
CompWiz
Calc King

Post by CompWiz »

calcul831415 wrote:
threefingeredguy wrote:Meh, I don't know how to write for Crunchy and Mirage is the most widely used, so I'm appealing to the mainstream.
Crunchy isn't ION based?
No, it is. However, it does writeback a little differently. I think(correct me if I'm wrong) that it doesn't unarchive a program when you play it. If the program tries to do writeback, it makes a patch that somehow keeps track of the changes that will be made. When you quit the program, the patch is applied, and all the writebacks happen then. There are some programs that have a problem with this, but most work fine. The reason it does writeback this way, is that when Mirage or Ion unarchives and rearchives your programs every time you play them, it wears out your flash memory. CrunchyOS does not. Also, there are many less, if any at all, garbage collects when using Crunchy. I don't even remember the last one, and I use it a lot.

CrunchyOS also has an extra feature. It can run compressed programs. When you download it, it comes with a program that you can use to compress your program, after modifying the code a bit. The compressed programs generally end up about half as big as the original. It can save a lot of space.
In Memory of the Maxcoderz Trophy Image
threefingeredguy
Calc King

*Ahem* wanna give it a try guys?
kalan_vod
Calc King

Post by kalan_vod »

threefingeredguy wrote:*Ahem* wanna give it a try guys?
I am, looks pretty cool :P.
katmaster
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by katmaster »

Yes, Yes, Fun, Fun :)
cheese=yum
threefingeredguy
Calc King

Have you guys made some maps?