Parania Agent...so freaky

Feel like posting Off Topic? Do it here.

Moderator: MaxCoderz Staff

necro
Calc King

Parania Agent...so freaky

Post by necro »

That show is so dark and, well, very dark. There was the girl who's father was peeping on her with a hidden camera and ran away, the split personality tutor whose split personality is a prostitute, a set of school kids ...the end credits are freaky with motionless characters slupped in a field around a giant Marumi doll (a pink plush toy designed by the first person attacked). Anyone else watch it?

VahnRPG
Extreme Poster

Post by VahnRPG »

A friend of mine (you may know him as Joe Flint, the guy who made KoF2k for the calc) got me into it...which is kinda funny since I was the one who got him into anime in the first place...well, i might've helped him along at least...

anyway, yeah, I've been watchin it a bit since...like...i think the school boys episode and I watch it on adult swim. From what I've seen of it so far, it seems to be kind of like the game Silent Hill but a bit tamer...the one episode where they're acting like it's dungeons and dragons or something was kinda...bizzarre...
I'd rather be a nobody remembered by someone than a somebody remembered by noone.

'Boku' can't save the world - Blaze Rennaul
--'Boku' doesn't have to... - Klyne Ryuuno
Blue World - Coming soon
Jim e
Calc King

Post by Jim e »

Yeah I watched the entire series sometime ago, I have to say very odd. The mystery behind it is what drew me in but it wasn't till later i realised what the point to the story was, a nice little social commentary. There is still alot of stuff I don't get, but sometimes it's good to leave questions unanswered(Big O :wink: ).

Personally I liked the first 7-8 episodes more than the lasts, it just keeps getting wierder and its hard to follow since it's really deep into japanese culture. Still good though.

Hehe.. the next epsiode is were it all hits the fan.Image
Andy_J
Calc Master

Post by Andy_J »

I saw it a couple times on [adult swim]... I don't make a point to watch it though, I have better things to do at the time (like sleeping).
ImageImage
necro
Calc King

Post by necro »

Sleep? What is sleep?
Jim e
Calc King

Post by Jim e »

Yeah...sleep, thats the thing I do between napping. :lol:
necro
Calc King

Post by necro »

oh, is that what happens when you run out of cafine...
Leumas
Extreme Poster

Post by Leumas »

People keep mentioning cartoon networks adult swim, but I watch almost every night(missed the last 2 weeks, working) and never saw that show, how long has it been on?
There is no place like 127.0.0.1
VahnRPG
Extreme Poster

Post by VahnRPG »

I think this past week was...#5...Paranoia Agent is on saturdays after...well, 10pm central time...
I'd rather be a nobody remembered by someone than a somebody remembered by noone.

Blue World - Coming soon
Andy_J
Calc Master

Post by Andy_J »

ImageImage
necro
Calc King

Post by necro »

I miss witch hunter robin ):
crzyrbl
Calc Wizard

Post by crzyrbl »

THis show is really bad...adult swim has really gone down hill lately. FMA and ghost in shell were pretty good though.
(\__/)
(='.'=)This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your
(")_(")signature to help him gain world domination.

VahnRPG
Extreme Poster

Post by VahnRPG »

I don't really get how simply putting Futurama back up will make everything alright on saturdays. I just thank god that it's not Family Guy or one of the other crappy shows they have that'd start up saturday nights...

Blue World - Coming soon
Jim e
Calc King

Post by Jim e »

Well champloo is good, paranoia agent is okay but just sorta looses it's interestingness(word?) half way through. scryed sucks. Atleast they put FLCL up. Oh and Inuyasha, ehh...

I never saw witch hunter robin, is it good?

Oh and supposedly futurama might comeback as straight to DVD show. It's up to matt groening.
necro
Calc King

Post by necro »

I relay liked what little I saw of it...maybe 3 or 4 episodes befor they switched it to weekday (and it was during school...so I never got to see any more of it...) I wish they'd take off futerama and put trigun back...I never once got to see it all the way through or how it ended...outlaw star would be nice...and why haven't they ever had Cowboy Beebop the Movie? The animatrix gets old after 4/5 times...