Blue World - Quest

A forum where you can announce your awesome project(s).

Moderator: MaxCoderz Staff

VahnRPG
Extreme Poster

Post by VahnRPG »

well, for the maps, i hope to be drawing them a bit better now. My new map system allows a bit more freedom than using Calc GS to attempt to draw the tiles.

As far as the exp system, yeah, that's in there now. I decided to make the leveling system independant from the endings so it doesn't force you to get to level 10 before it'll allow you to complete the game (although, it was much easier to get to level 10 than the rest of the conditions XD). I'm still working on how far it'll allow you to level up, but the way it goes now is that it'll display how much EXP you need to level up, and decrease from that whenever you gain EXP until the counter reaches 0 and then you level up. Theoretically, I could do this all the way until you reach 65535 exp needed to level up, and after that you wouldn't level up any more. No clue how far that'd be, however

And gameplay...well, I'm planning on using the new map system to make even more hidden paths so the curious can attempt to explore. And it won't be a matter of beating the game X number of times to gain access to the paths. I decided that that was a bad way of doing things to try and get replay value >.>
I'd rather be a nobody remembered by someone than a somebody remembered by noone.

'Boku' can't save the world - Blaze Rennaul
--'Boku' doesn't have to... - Klyne Ryuuno
Blue World - Coming soon
Spengo
Calc Master

Post by Spengo »

oh yeah, another thingy, how bout making the game a little smaller ;) I mean that's basically the entire ti-83+ archive. In fact, I haven't even played it yet because I've never been able to clear enuff archive.
bananas... o.o
VahnRPG
Extreme Poster

Post by VahnRPG »

easier said than done, believe me....
I'd rather be a nobody remembered by someone than a somebody remembered by noone.

Blue World - Coming soon
Spengo
Calc Master

Post by Spengo »

maybe you could do a thing like TVF where the entire game doesn't need to be on calc all at once. With seperate chapters and stuff.
bananas... o.o
VahnRPG
Extreme Poster

Post by VahnRPG »

the majority of the game is taken up by the battle system, not the story. all those special attacks and whatnot

Blue World - Coming soon

Post by Guest »

Spengo wrote:maybe you could do a thing like TVF where the entire game doesn't need to be on calc all at once. With seperate chapters and stuff.
This will be an APP. TVF does this to save space, APPs will not be limited to this.
Spengo
Calc Master

Post by Spengo »

The problem is, it is an app that is 190kB(is that right? I don't have it with me right now so I can't check.) Anyway, that is far to big for my 83+ unless I delete just about everything on it.
bananas... o.o
VahnRPG
Extreme Poster

Post by VahnRPG »

no no
the filesize on the COMPUTER is 190k yes, but when you transfer it to the CALC it'll only be about half that...like 85k i think

Blue World - Coming soon
Spengo
Calc Master

Post by Spengo »

hehe, well, the point is it's abnormally large. I think I'll put in on my calc soon to play it anyways though. It's just a good thing that I know now I will only have to delete HALF of all the stuff I have on here lol.
bananas... o.o
VahnRPG
Extreme Poster

Post by VahnRPG »

abnormally large for a reason...those sprites ain't cheap and there's a lot of 'em...like...180 pictures just for battle alone. why do you think i made it into an app in the first place?

Blue World - Coming soon
Spengo
Calc Master

Post by Spengo »

Okay, I have a suggestion. How bout make it so 2nd is the select button. Maybe this is just me, but I find it annoying to have to reach my poor little thumb all the way down to the enter button. Also, I know it's harder to save and it would take up more space, but it behooves me to be able to move smoothly, as in, no snapping to a grid. The battle system is cool though.
bananas... o.o
VahnRPG
Extreme Poster

Post by VahnRPG »

why? what purpose could it possibly have? besides, it's as you said, a pain in the ass to work with. "Let's see...is he trying to talk to that person, or exit the map?"
and it's not THAT far of a reach, especially when the 2nd button has a different purpose and when you actually are using the enter keys your not really touching the other buttons...maybe if it was a sidescrolling, high action game or somethin...

Blue World - Coming soon
shadowing

Post by shadowing »

Vahn has a point there. The thing that annoyed me honestly in the last one was the menu selection during the battles. It was annoying to hit enter when using an item. Can it be located to using 2nd to select items and etc. during battles?
VahnRPG
Extreme Poster

Post by VahnRPG »

vahn has a point there? to what point?

as for the hit enter in battles, i think i can add that in...but at this point i'm not even sure i'll be using the same menu routines. that and the fact that the way that is set up is more of a delaying tactic on my part. since 2nd is the same button for going to the status screens and whatnot, hitting 2nd through text boxes and whatnot might get you to the menu, thus delaying whatever rush you would happen to be in that would also be affected by having an enter key...

Blue World - Coming soon
Spengo
Calc Master

Post by Spengo »

Okay, another suggestion is to display the prices of things. You go to the shops and you can buy stuff, but you don't know how many rings you are spending, or how many more you need to save before you can get the next scroll.
bananas... o.o