KIRBY!!!!! <(^-^)>

Got a brilliant program idea? Let us know!

Moderator: MaxCoderz Staff

lloydkirk1989
Calc Wizard

Post by lloydkirk1989 »

Duck: Why hasn't Joe put you back in the maxcoderz staff?
dysfunction
Calc Master

Post by dysfunction »

tr1p1ea wrote:Nintendo GameCube -> PPC
Nintendo Revolution -> PPC
xbox 360 -> PPC

As well as most of IBM's stuff.
Yeah, and how many people program assembly for those? But granted, it was OSX macs I was referring to- you CAN'T on those.

"You're very clever, young man, but it's turtles all the way down!"
BrianD316

Post by BrianD316 »

Someone plz try 2 get 1 started
lloydkirk1989
Calc Wizard

Post by lloydkirk1989 »

I don't know how feasible a kirby game is on an 83+ even in assembly. To retain descent detail it would probably need to be in greyscale. So without a decent compression routine, it wouldn't be possible. Secondly, with all the kirby levels, a kirby game would take atleast a year maybe 2 to code.
DigiTan
Calc Master

Post by DigiTan »

Eh...I dunno. unknown's demo had an impressive kirby sprite set with no grayscale at all. Usually, you don't see grayscale needed except in games like Tankers 68k, Desolate, and other RPGs where they have that overhead view and shading is used for a 3D feel. The tough part might be programming all that long code for monsters and kirby's special abilities.
My diet consists of nails, code-stealers, and HP fans.
Projects:

Robot War [TI-82, TI Flash App]
Sonic the Hedgehog [Multiplatform]
Patori
Maxcoderz Staff

Post by Patori »

^_^ Ah, Kirby!
Currently coming up with a new signature idea... since my forum avatar changer was killed by an upgrade...
Spencer
Extreme Poster

Post by Spencer »

I don't think grayscale is reasonable for anything fast paced. I can't imagine devoting 50%+ of Zelda's processing time to a grayscale interrupt. Not to mention rotating 50% more bytes for sprites and double for scrolling.
DigiTan
Calc Master

Post by DigiTan »

Yeah, tripple or quadruple the processing power and it might be possible. It's a crying shame though, because there are some darned good grayscale engines out there. 'Real efficient-like.

I'm trying to finish a general-use physics engine to publish after Sonic is released. Maybe after my current projects are done, I can pick up Kirby. ...If nobody beats me to it. 8)
My diet consists of nails, code-stealers, and HP fans.
Projects:

Robot War [TI-82, TI Flash App]
Sonic the Hedgehog [Multiplatform]
Madskillz
Calc Wizard

Post by Madskillz »

here is something to wet your whistle...this is the sprite set for Unknowns kirby game...because I made them for myself, then gave him permission to use them. I even made the ! sprite to match the general look. :wink:
Grayscale:

Black & White: (Not really any loss of quality)

A sample level specifically made for the TI:

If a project was to commense, I will glady be one to help...maybe the Sonic team can regroup and create a Kirby game too eh Digi... :wink:
The Revolution is here...
MathStuf

Post by MathStuf »

I have Kirby's Adventure and all three Dreamland games slated for programming for the 68k calcs.
Spooner wrote:I love kirby(nightmare in dream land)
Nightmare in Dreamland is a horrible rip of the original game it was based off of: Kirby's Adventure. They took out most of the 30+ power-ups and added a bad extra games and took out the classics. The original was much better. I still have the game, beaten it over 5 times (100% Super Star) (after that the NES broke), and I even have the instruction maual yet. NES rules. The GBA is a cheap imitation of it. A lot of its games are bad remakes of the originals that were either on the NES or the SNES.
Twelve

Post by Twelve »

Hey everyone. I am actally in the process of creating a kirby game myself. It is in assembly of course. However this is my first assembly game so it will really be a learning experience for me and you guys will have to bear with me as I go. I will try to post some screenshots soon and I'll supply you guys with updates.
threefingeredguy
Calc King

Post by threefingeredguy »

thats cool. i cant wait to see it. will you be using the kirby sprites posted above? no offense, but nothing ruins a good port like bad graphics. i have had that happen to me before, so i try to help others avoid it.

and on another note
dysfunction wrote:
AndySoft wrote:
Stickmanofdoom wrote: x86 processors (your computer)
How do you know he doesn't have a PowerPC (Mac), Alpha, Sparc, or x64 system?
Yeah, but NO ONE programs PPC assembly. Ever. Not since old world. And since Jobs decided to be an idiot and go with Intel processors now, no one ever will again.
ahem. i still program ppc assembly. and ppc c. they are 68k right? so dont go knocking it. i write security programs for my friend. he runs his server of an old ppc because no one really remembers how to hack em. the best defense is to use a computer that everyone has forgotten about :).
crzyrbl
Calc Wizard

Post by crzyrbl »

Twelve wrote:Hey everyone. I am actally in the process of creating a kirby game myself. It is in assembly of course. However this is my first assembly game so it will really be a learning experience for me and you guys will have to bear with me as I go. I will try to post some screenshots soon and I'll supply you guys with updates.
good for you! you never know if something it possible or not unless you try. dont let some of these depressing ppl try to stop you (no offense).
(\__/)
(='.'=)This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your
(")_(")signature to help him gain world domination.

Twelve

Post by Twelve »

Here's a current screenshot. Not a whole lot as you can see but I just want to show anyone interested that I'm actually coding and not just fantacizing. Its pretty fuzzy from that pindurti program. anyway show I post a new topic in the "Announce your projects" forum for posting updates?

Last edited by Twelve on Mon 01 Aug, 2005 12:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Spengo
Calc Master

Post by Spengo »

lol, nice screenie! XD It's a sign that says "remote linking forbidden" :lol: :kitty:

EDIT: looks like it works now. :D Looks cool, kirby gets really big when he puffs up tho. :shock:
bananas... o.o