Polis

A forum where you can announce your awesome project(s).

Moderator: MaxCoderz Staff

T0RM3N7
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by T0RM3N7 »

AHHHHHHHHHHHH :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x
OMG
I hate school. period, end of story
My f-ing math teacher just had everyone in the class erase ALL of our mem, RAM and ARCHIVE!!!!
2 1/2 years of programming gone GONE!!!! :cry: :cry: :cry:
so I've got the basics now: XLIB app, sample prog. I made, 2 or 3 sprite sheets, two matricies, and a brand new kick @$$ program that can show the Mem cleared screen wid the little cursor blinking
in other news I now have three calcs: 1 TI-83+SE and 2 TI-83+(one the screen is halfway cracked and the other is currently disassembled cause I'm modding the case)
In case you didn't read what I posted first, My game was cut back from the 45% done it was, to 5%
I had battle engine, movement engine, and the combo system done almost completely
I AM PISSED
girls=time*money
time=money
girls=money*money
money is the root of all evil
girls=(evil^1/2)*(evil^1/2)
girls=(evil^1/2)^2
girls=evil

Spengo
Calc Master

Post by Spengo »

Couldn't you just have not used the calculator that day? :(
bananas... o.o
currahee
Calc Wizard

Post by currahee »

necro wrote:vars: use Finance and or lists/strings
pics: I like screen shot maker http://www.ticalc.org/archives/files/fi ... 17119.html
Or you can use my proggie that lets you use 255 pictures from hacked variables...
http://www.ticalc.org/archives/files/fi ... 27979.html
The reason why I dont like the ssmaker is because as an assembly proggie, it can use up more memory than traditional pic files and recalling pics would be a bit of a pain because:

Asm(prgmGOOGLE

And you'd end up with a lot of Z, Y, or Theta starting programs just for pictures. Yes you can argue that recalling h4x0red pics is worse but that's why I include ZPIC to recall the h4xed pics if you need to do something.
"Not long ago, the Black Gate of Armonk swung open. The lights went out, my skin crawled, and dogs began to howl. I asked my neighbor what it was and he said, 'Those are the nazgul. Once they were human, now they are IBM's lawyers.'"
CoBB
MCF Legend

Post by CoBB »

T0RM3N7 wrote:2 1/2 years of programming gone
So long time and you haven't even made a single backup?!
T0RM3N7
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by T0RM3N7 »

ok I've made backups, but they suck, cause I don't update them very often
and yes I had to use that calc, for we were doing logs, plus I didn't exactly have another calc on me, my others were at home.
I'm going to get my Mem cleared program (no it doesn't clear your mem, it just says it does) online at some point in the near future (all depends if I have the time)
The progress on polis now will be a little faster cause I remember what I did and what I was doing, I might be back upto 45% within 2 maybe 3 months
girls=time*money
time=money
girls=money*money
girls=(evil^1/2)^2
girls=evil

kv83
Maxcoderz Staff

Post by kv83 »

CoBB wrote:
T0RM3N7 wrote:2 1/2 years of programming gone
So long time and you haven't even made a single backup?!
Time for CoBB's database/backup song...

"Yesterday, all my.........." :lol:
CompWiz
Calc King

Post by CompWiz »

I always keep Fakeres3 on my calc so I won't lose my programs. It works great! :D

It's too bad that you lost your programs, that happened to me on a much smaller scale once when I was playing multi-player tetris(with the stupid Mirage OS, of course, this wouldn't happen with CrunchyOS) and the game crashed. I hope the rewriting of your program goes well, and it comes out as a better program because of this. :)
In Memory of the Maxcoderz Trophy Image
katmaster
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by katmaster »

he had you ERASE your archive???? isn't that illegal, its your property?!?! anyways, my math teacher barely knows how to graph stuff on a calc, much less clear everyones mem :)
cheese=yum
threefingeredguy
Calc King

Post by threefingeredguy »

My math teacher taught me z80 assembly and we wrote a basic fractal program.
currahee
Calc Wizard

Post by currahee »

Holy s**t! :x I want that math teacher!!! :D
"Not long ago, the Black Gate of Armonk swung open. The lights went out, my skin crawled, and dogs began to howl. I asked my neighbor what it was and he said, 'Those are the nazgul. Once they were human, now they are IBM's lawyers.'"
dragon__lance

Post by dragon__lance »

my math teacher will only gets mad if u got mirage os and are sitting there playing games while she's teaching, like i do :)
Spengo
Calc Master

Post by Spengo »

My math teacher had over 65% of his AP calc 1 students getting 5s on the AP calc test last year. 8) Hopefully I will be among them this year. \o/ I don't know how much he knows about assembly language though. Wait...what was this topic about again? :?
bananas... o.o
Liazon
Calc Guru

Post by Liazon »

T0RM3N7 wrote:@merth:yeah the weapons will be true to history but you might not appreciate the full beauty of the weapon unless you see it in the shop.(in the battle mode you dont see very much of the weapon.)

I finally settled on a style for the battle engine--individual style.
you and your 3 "buddies"(more on this later) enter into battle with swords drawn. you go mano e mano with the enemy's front line. the other styles were Tactical and turn based.

and does anybody know how to get more than the standard 27 variables and more than the 10 pics??
this game sounds like the time I tried to make the Illiad a game. I had u against 3 other ppls.

But i was a newbie back then and i still am. I didn't know wut Xlib was so it was horrendously (did i spell rite) slow. Best of Luck to you!

sry u had to get ur mem wiped. That really sux

@kat: so long as you are in school, you gotta follow their rules
CompWiz
Calc King

Post by CompWiz »

calcul831415 wrote: @kat: so long as you are in school, you gotta follow their rules
or just pretend to, with the greatness of Fakeres3. When you go into the mem reset menu, it takes over(without any notice) and lets you "clear the ram or mem" without actually doing anything. It looks just like the real thing. It works on 83, 83+, 84+, and 84+ SE. the old Fakeres2 doesn't work on the 84's.
In Memory of the Maxcoderz Trophy Image
T0RM3N7
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by T0RM3N7 »

Exactly my point, compwiz.
so I'm going to get the replacement file onto my calc during this weekend, cause i'll finally have the time, but I may not be able to start reprogramming the game until this wednesday.
girls=time*money
time=money
girls=money*money
girls=(evil^1/2)^2
girls=evil