LCR

A forum where you can announce your awesome project(s).

Moderator: MaxCoderz Staff

Svinter

LCR

Post by Svinter »

Well, I'm just about finished with my first ASM game, but I'm having a bit of trouble thinking... can't figure out a good surefire way to end the game when it should end.

Overview: LCR's based off a game found near cash registers in grocery stores around where I live and the object of the game is to be the last person with quarters (or chips for the gambling impaired). You do this by rolling three dice (or 1 or 2 if you dont have enough quarters for three) with the letters L, C, R and a dot on the faces. If the player rolls an L, they pass a quarter to the left player, to the right for an R, puts one in the center pile for a C, and does nothing for a dot. Play just keeps going until only one person has anything left, they then win all the quarters from the game.

The problem is that with my current method of checking if the player's the only one apparently doesn't work for Player 3, causing 3 player games to never end (battery pop). Plus it seems that player 4 can't lose :? . Please help with any suggestions, comments, or tips on what I could do differently... well not for everything since it's probly not very good code and that would probably take a full length book to point out :lol: .

Without further ado the game with source:

http://svinter.250free.com/lcr.zip
LCR ~ 80% Finished
Spengo
Calc Master

Post by Spengo »

Wow, that's not bad...um, sorry, but there are a lot of calls in there that I don't know yet, so I can't help much with the coding. However, I think it would be cool if you made it so the dice look like they are dropping/being rolled instead of simply putting the letters on it.
bananas... o.o
DigiTan
Calc Master

Post by DigiTan »

If you are using RAM variables for each player's score, I'd double-check all the pointers to make sure they aren't being changed to invalid adresses. Also, since the game is non-ending, I suspect a routine or bcalls is passing player 4 a constant score each time so it never reaches zero. Any routines that are called just before a player's score is updated are suspect.
My diet consists of nails, code-stealers, and HP fans.
Projects:

Robot War [TI-82, TI Flash App]
Sonic the Hedgehog [Multiplatform]