House Creator

A forum where you can announce your awesome project(s).

Moderator: MaxCoderz Staff

DJ_O
Calc King

Post by DJ_O »

Dragonwarrior333 wrote:@Kevin: Hmm what do mean by using the omnicalc sprite command, for what? I no its slow because it uses Pxl-Change( to invert the sprites. Maybe I could load more than one pxl at a time so it would go faster :idea: but tell me what you mean because I dont understand it
I mean instead of inverting sprites using pxl-change, use a 8x8 black sprite to invert all the pixels at once.
Image Image Image Now active at https://discord.gg/cuZcfcF (CodeWalrus server)
Dragonwarrior333

Post by Dragonwarrior333 »

Umm still dnt understand because I hate using the onmicalc sprite command unless it has to do with greyscale :x

So could you please give me an example ?
DJ_O
Calc King

Post by DJ_O »

For example you have a black filled sprite located at 32,32 on pic1, you want to invert the 8x8 sprite on the graph screen located at 0,0 , instead of doing this:

Code: Select all

For(X,0,7
For(Y,0,7
Pxl-Change(X,Y
End
End
do this:

Code: Select all

real(20,1,32,32,8,8,0,0
100x faster
Dragonwarrior333

Wow thats really fast !!! :D
Now have to do the quit menu and the grayscale sprites and some more opimizing

Ok quick poll:
I have an intro, the main program, the matrix program (Creates the matrix), and the sprite chooser (The one where you pick the the cursor)

How do I put them
1) Leave them seperate
2) The programs should all go together
3) Other (Write the combination so I know)
necro
Calc King

Post by necro »

other: use basic builder 2 (you can find it at ticalc.org if you do a little searching)
DJ_O
Calc King

Post by DJ_O »

Dragonwarrior333 wrote:Wow thats really fast !!! :D
Now have to do the quit menu and the grayscale sprites and some more opimizing

Ok quick poll:
I have an intro, the main program, the matrix program (Creates the matrix), and the sprite chooser (The one where you pick the the cursor)

How do I put them
1) Leave them seperate
2) The programs should all go together
3) Other (Write the combination so I know)
If you dont need to repeat a program execution at many place in the program or if you are sure it will not slow down too much put them all together, otherwise leave them separate, or wait until a new version of BasicBuilder where you dont have to modify the code of your game (recallpic and storepic) to get it to work :)
Dragonwarrior333

I dont think I will need to make them an app though or does it just package them together and put them on the app menu :?:

Kevin wrote:
or wait until a new version of BasicBuilder where you dont have to modify the code of your game (recallpic and storepic) to get it to work
As you know with the grayscale I cant do it if it dosn't recall pic and store pic!

Ill probably stick most of them together though because I dont think it will lose that much speed.

Does anyone hate the scroll down menus in my?
DJ_O
Calc King

Post by DJ_O »

No they are cool. :)
Dragonwarrior333

Sorry I havent posted anything for awhile :oops:

I have made some optimizations for now so the main game and the pic selection is only 949 bytes :D I still have to work on the intro because it takes up 571 bytes itself :shock:

I put in the sprite scroller like Kevin said and it runs faster.
For right now im putting the greyscale mode aside until I am finished with the main game.

Quick poll:
I also have thought of saving 546 on the map buy just using
{16,24}->dim([A] but it wouldnt have the starting walls but im not shure if I really like them on.

1) Leave the map program with the walls.

2) Take up alot less space and lose the walls.

Oh yeha I like to put hidden things like easter eggs in my game and I have already put in what it will do and I think it could be useful. It wont be that hard to find but I know there are people in the community that will take apart the code and find it but that takes all the fun out of it :P

The game is getting done and is pretty far from being dead (May Diortem rest in peace :cry: )

O yeha when Im done with this i might adapt it so you can use it to make levels (Using 8x8 sprites) on calc and you could save it to the matrix and use it in the game!
How many people like that idea?
DJ_O
Calc King

Post by DJ_O »

It'S pretty cool so far, I am glad that this project is still progressing nicely. I wan't to play it as soon as I finish translating Illusiat 12 (a very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very huge RPG in english) :)

EDIT: Crap, I always miss when I reach exactly a multiple of 100 post... well anyway 903rd post! :oops:
tr1p1ea
Maxcoderz Staff

Post by tr1p1ea »

I like that final idea about saving a lot :).
"My world is Black & White. But if I blink fast enough, I see it in Grayscale."
koolmansam375
Extreme Poster

Post by koolmansam375 »

I, for one, do not want to play this "game". It cant even really be classified as a game. Games are fun. In this "game" you get to build a house. Fun :roll: . Now your probably thinking "Well the Sims is a game and you build a house in that". Well sure you do build a house in it. The Sims also has a "main" character that the user controls. This "game" does not. This is just a tilemap building program with a name and defined set of tiles. Fun "game" :roll: .

Pongwars shall live!

blog is down atm. :-(
tr1p1ea
Maxcoderz Staff

Post by tr1p1ea »

koolmansam375 dont be so negative, we dont need that kidn of attitude in here. I was VERY tempted to delete your post because it was nothing but counter-productive.

If you cant portray your critisisims in a constructive manner, dont portray them at all.
"My world is Black & White. But if I blink fast enough, I see it in Grayscale."
merthsoft
Extreme Poster

Post by merthsoft »

I agree with t1p there, that was just mean...

Do the mem saving one, dragon, and allow for multiple walls.
Shaun
koolmansam375
Extreme Poster

Post by koolmansam375 »

Hmm.. I guess it wasnt as constructive as it shouldve been. What I mean is this program is more of a tilemap creation tool. It needs a purpose and a "main character". Otherwise its just an oncalc version of CGS that can only handle x number of tiles and they have to be 8x8. I would suggest, if you want to make a game, make a "real" game. Like an rpg or something. If you wanted to make a tilemapping tool thats fine but it cant really be classified as a game.

Pongwars shall live!

blog is down atm. :-(