Contra 1.1 Release and Contra 2 Discussion

A forum where you can announce your awesome project(s).

Moderator: MaxCoderz Staff

kv83
Maxcoderz Staff

Re: Unknown

Post by kv83 »

solitaire710 wrote:
Seems like someone makes good uses of his publisher rights :wink:
:wink:

Am I able to see anything anyone else makes even if its unpublished? Just wondering.........
See PM :), back2topic
Bryan Thomas

Post by Bryan Thomas »

@bryan: It could be interesting indeed. though the problem is that it takes a huge amount of time to make a good level... designing levels take almost as much time as programming the game itself (at least... what I experienced)... I made several level editor's for games I made (Crates3D, Slippy) As you can read in my readme of slippy:
Ya really think so kv83? I thought that it would be a speedy process. It takes no more then fifteen minutes to cre8 a cool looking frame with the level editor, and that is basically all I did was take it frame at a time to create the frames you see in Contra 83. I dont know I think it would have a pretty good turnout myself :cry:
OLS Co-President
United TI Staff

Creator of Contra 83!
Click Here to read all about the latest Contra 83 news!
kalan_vod
Calc King

Post by kalan_vod »

i say go for it, i would do it, kevin probally, leofox, bunch of peps on UTI, i say just give it a shot well when it gets released
solitaire710

Do it!

Post by solitaire710 »

@Bryan:
I would make a level set with or without a contest :D
the_unknown_one
Calc Master

nooo!!!

Post by the_unknown_one »

NNNOOOOOO!! Man!! Why did you delete the Contra 2 screenshot! I was gonna make an article about it right now :'( Gimme da screenshot!!!
kv83
Maxcoderz Staff

Re: nooo!!!

Post by kv83 »

the_unknown_one wrote:NNNOOOOOO!! Man!! Why did you delete the Contra 2 screenshot! I was gonna make an article about it right now :'( Gimme da screenshot!!!
He asked not to spread that shot... I wouldn't have published it, because of that, anwyay :p

@Bryan: Awww... now I feel bad saying that... i don't want to ruin it, so just give it a shot, ok? Maybe I even consider doing one level on VTI (if that's possible)...
the_unknown_one
Calc Master

lol

Post by the_unknown_one »

Oh yea i forgot that it was secret :'( Now what can i write about! :'( Jonathan steals all the good ones... I'll get you yet, Jonathan, just you wait :p And kv, plz come on msn! :D
Bryan Thomas

Post by Bryan Thomas »

Oh yea i forgot that it was secret :'( Now what can i write about! :'( Jonathan steals all the good ones... I'll get you yet, Jonathan, just you wait :p And kv, plz come on msn! Very Happy
I would not have deleted it if my partner Andrew had not reccomended it. Incase you guys did not know Andrew T made that splash screen just as he did the other. He is my main graphics advisor and will play a much bigger role in Contra 2 as far as boss design and level tiling goes. You could say that Andrew is the Cyan in my Metroid :D

I did design everything in game as far as graphics on the original Contra, however that is one reason why it took such a long time to make, so I am gonna make Andrew a much bigger part of the project to speed up Contra 2's production. So yeah he asked me to hide the splash as long as possible :cry:
@Bryan: Awww... now I feel bad saying that... i don't want to ruin it, so just give it a shot, ok? Maybe I even consider doing one level on VTI (if that's possible)..
lol do not feel bad. I would not of shot down my idea with just that one opinion anyhow. :D No wrries here :D
OLS Co-President
United TI Staff

Creator of Contra 83!
Click Here to read all about the latest Contra 83 news!
solitaire710

Hey Unknown........

Post by solitaire710 »

Hey Unknown, you could do an article about Nibbly if you'd like :)

And I really don't mean to steal all the good articles :(
leofox
Calc Master

Post by leofox »

kalan_vod wrote:i say go for it, i would do it, kevin probally, leofox, bunch of peps on UTI, i say just give it a shot well when it gets released
I would certainly make a level for it, when i've finished my serial link.