Venus v2.4 (Ti83 shell)

A forum where you can announce your awesome project(s).

Moderator: MaxCoderz Staff

kv83
Maxcoderz Staff

Post by kv83 »

he was on irc for sure
Andy_J
Calc Master

Post by Andy_J »

//whois kalimero kalimero wrote:...
Kalimero has been idle 16hrs 23mins 33secs, signed on Tue Feb 08 02:16:48
Yeah, he's always there. :)
ImageImage
Kalimero

Post by Kalimero »

GuillaumeH wrote:Venus has become even smaller and better!
Now the programs can be up to about 26900 bytes big
If you need more than that, you could also ship a custom version of venus with your program that has all the routines stripped (128 bytes). However in that case, it's probably more efficient to use no external loader at all and have your program load itself.
the_unknown_one wrote:Did you talk to him on AIM or on #tcpa? If its AIM, whats his AIM?
I'm always logged on to irc, so you can always leave me a message there. It can take a while before I reply though as AndySoft pointed out.
You can also find me on jabber (kalimero'at'jabber.ulyssis.org). I personally use Psi, which has been made by Justin Karneges (old time 82 programmer). There's some work from Hideaki Omuro (crashman) in there too.
I have some other IM accounts too (since you can use them through jabber), but I'm trying to move away from those, so you won't find me there that much.
the_unknown_one
Calc Master

lol

Post by the_unknown_one »

Ok IRC then :p
Dwedit
Maxcoderz Staff

Post by Dwedit »

Too bad venus 2.4 fails on the second genaration "TI83+ style" TI83's. The ones with the closer screens, bigger numbers, etc. They are usually rom version 1.10. Those have a slower LCD which is incompatible with the stock ionfastcopy. You usually have to add a few nops before each out instruction.
No idea about the newer blue screen crappy TI83's.
You know your hexadecimal output routine is broken when it displays the character 'G'.
lloydkirk1989
Calc Wizard

Post by lloydkirk1989 »

I was looking at my Algebra 2 teachers ti-83 and I actually liked it alot better than my 83+. The screen definition seemed quite a bit better and I like the buttons.
Dwedit
Maxcoderz Staff

Post by Dwedit »

Also, I really believe that .83g files are the spawn of satan, and would like to see separate .83p files instead.
You know your hexadecimal output routine is broken when it displays the character 'G'.
blueskies
Calc Wizard

Post by blueskies »

works great on the old style 83s (v1.06)

Is there a fix for the new versions? Or if you release a venus program, are the new 83s sol?
Kalimero

Post by Kalimero »

I wonder if this is really a problem. Back in the day I attended secondary school, some of my friends had such 83+ style 83s (rom1.10), one even had a blue screen 83 (rom1.10001) and they never had any problems running Ion.
I've also never received any mail about this, not from users, not from developers. So can you explain this some more? How many calculators do you know are affected? Does it depend on the battery level?
Dwedit
Maxcoderz Staff

Post by Dwedit »

Seems to happen more often with fresh batteries. I've only seen it on the TI83+ style TI83's. It looks like a "staircase effect". Some of the LCD writes are missing, but it's not consistent and kind of jumpy. Adding 3 nops before the lcd write seems to fix it. I guess some TI83's just have a slower LCD controller. The shell Ion 1.6u was created to try to resolve the problem.

Some games that have a built in fastcopy also have problems, since fixing the shell doesn't affect them.