TI Mouse?

Got a brilliant program idea? Let us know!

Moderator: MaxCoderz Staff

Shadow Phoenix
Calc Guru

TI Mouse?

Post by Shadow Phoenix »

after some after thought i decided to create an EXTERNAL TI mouse. after all, how hard can it be? the mouse gotta send 1,2,3,4,5, or 6, and then the cursos changes position. Does this sounds like a good idea?
Life is getting better.
leofox
Calc Master

Post by leofox »

kv83
Maxcoderz Staff

Post by kv83 »

Moved.

Belongs in programming idea's. (If you want it in annonuce your projects, just post, and I'll remove it again)
Patori
Maxcoderz Staff

Post by Patori »

kerm... lol...
Currently coming up with a new signature idea... since my forum avatar changer was killed by an upgrade...
leofox
Calc Master

Post by leofox »

Patori wrote:kerm... lol...
nice two word post...

What do you mean with kerm... lol...?
DJ_O
Calc King

Post by DJ_O »

KermMartian alerady made this, or is going to make this I think.
Image Image Image Now active at https://discord.gg/cuZcfcF (CodeWalrus server)
leofox
Calc Master

Post by leofox »

yes, that's what i posted. I want to know why Patori thought that was "lol...".

I think Doors CS will have mouse support btw, but you have to ask kerm himself.
Patori
Maxcoderz Staff

Post by Patori »

leofox wrote:
Patori wrote:kerm... lol...
nice two word post...

What do you mean with kerm... lol...?
It was nogistalgia. We began programming about the same time. I remember back when I was a total n00b, as was he, and he released a whole bunch of projects that did not work, or were rip offs of popular titles.

Looking back, I realize that I, too, was like Kerm. I took on projects that were too big for me. I copied off of popular titles....

REcently, I've gained respect for Kerm, and... yeah... whatever.. dont wanna make this into a rant....
So, the lol was a laugh at myself and at Kerm, and stuff.
Currently coming up with a new signature idea... since my forum avatar changer was killed by an upgrade...
the_unknown_one
Calc Master

lol

Post by the_unknown_one »

Well, you got out of it, but Kerm still codes sucky programs/games and rip-offs.
DJ_O
Calc King

Post by DJ_O »

not now. He learned ASM and DoorCS look very promising. Also his last game (World of Domination) was pretty cool, altough I'm not a big fan of that kind of game.
Image Image Image Now active at https://discord.gg/cuZcfcF (CodeWalrus server)
Patori
Maxcoderz Staff

Re: lol

Post by Patori »

the_unknown_one wrote:Well, you got out of it, but Kerm still codes sucky programs/games and rip-offs.
I'm doing my best with my situation!
benryves
Maxcoderz Staff

Post by benryves »

Does it work?
I have not seen a single Kerm program that works and all the ASM I've seen of his would never compile or does fundamentally wrong things. Last time I looked, he couldn't even write a BASIC program that worked properly.

That said, I had a bunch of AT protocol routines I worked on (keyboards and mice use the AT protocol) that could send/receive bytes and wrote a simple program that could display mouse coordinates and another one you could type in.

They weren't particularily exciting though - I couldn't think of a valid use for them.
Patori
Maxcoderz Staff

Post by Patori »

benryves wrote:
Does it work?
I have not seen a single Kerm program that works and all the ASM I've seen of his would never compile or does fundamentally wrong things. Last time I looked, he couldn't even write a BASIC program that worked properly.

That said, I had a bunch of AT protocol routines I worked on (keyboards and mice use the AT protocol) that could send/receive bytes and wrote a simple program that could display mouse coordinates and another one you could type in.

They weren't particularily exciting though - I couldn't think of a valid use for them.

What would a TI-Mouse be good for anyways?
leofox
Calc Master

Post by leofox »

benryves wrote:
Does it work?

When that topic was still active, someone tried it but couldn't make it work. That was because he had a 83+ though, Doors CS was still only for the 83 back then.
Timendus
Calc King

Post by Timendus »

benryves wrote:I have not seen a single Kerm program that works and all the ASM I've seen of his would never compile or does fundamentally wrong things. Last time I looked, he couldn't even write a BASIC program that worked properly.
Amen...

I took a look at his ps/2 routines though, and they seemed less crappy then I'm used to see from him :). He makes some funny (yet terribly exaggerated) use of the carry flag to rotate the bits into the received byte. I'm fairly sure though that no ps/2 device will work with this...

It always seems to me that he writes his code as ridiculous as possible so hardly anyone can read it, it's impossible to port, only works with his weird include files and DoorsOS, et cetera... I think the joke has gone on long enough, and Kerm should release something that actually works, or stop giving noobs hope :D