Real-Time Strategy / Real-Time Tactics Game

A forum where you can announce your awesome project(s).

Moderator: MaxCoderz Staff

HotDog1234

Real-Time Strategy / Real-Time Tactics Game

Post by HotDog1234 »

Hello, everyone,

So, I'm new to this site. But I've been on ticalc.org quite frequently, and I noticed that there was a lack of a real-time strategy game for the Ti-83+ and Ti-84+ series. This, of course, is understandable, considering the calculator's limited capabilities. However, I figured it was probably time to leave turn-based strategy and go into something new, making this game entirely real-time.

My idea is to leave traditional real-time strategy and take a new approach by throwing in tactics. In the game, each player controls one ship. That ship can be used to build up a base, rush a player, upgrade economy, you name it. The trick is, you can exchange it for another unit, out of nine total available units. Each of the nine units has its own strengths, weaknesses, and abilities, so throughtout the game, a player will find himself changing his unit to accomplish his goal. Using just one unit or two different units for the entire game is a big mistake, and so is using the wrong unit at the wrong time. Examples: One unit can build structures and scout the enemy. Another unit is perfect for artillery and out-of-range assaults. Another unit is perfect for rush attacks and sneak attacks. Still another unit is best for air-superiority. I DO PLAN on having two player link play.

Attacking is done manually, as if this were a tactics game. You control your units fire, where your unit will move, and try to be better at dogfighting than your opponent it.

I've thrown together a 16-page manual describing a rough idea. And when I say "thrown together", I mean it, it's like a first-draft of a pre-pre-pre-pre alpha manual. I'll be happy to answer any questions I can! Visit http://www.unitedti.org/index.php?showt ... ntry135512 to view the manual, since I can't upload PDFs.

So, my problem is, as much as I would like to work on this game for calculator, there are some things I'm terrible at. Biggest of all is my programming. I am TERRIBLE at programming, and I mean that in the best possible sense of the word. So I was hoping for this to be a group project, for those who aren't doing anything because they don't have any ideas.

However, I understand that many people have more important things to do, or are working on their own projects. If nobody, or few people, get involved, I'll just file away this idea and see what comes up in the future. But, if there are people out there who need something to do, or are interested in taking on another project, let me know!

Here's what I'm planning on being, but these positions are also avilable to people to want them:

Director (I am also very open to feedback and suggestions)
Terrain Sprites Designer
User Interface Sprites Designer
Map Designer
Props Sprites Designer
Building Sprites Designer
Manual Editor

Open Positions, besides the above:

Programmer. Either Assembly, Xlib or Celtic III will work, Ti-Basic will not.
Game Balancer, including deciding unit costs, abilities, and weapon power
Ship Sprites Designer
Special Effects Designer
Manual Designer, preferably someone great with organization and detail

If there is going to be a campaign for the game, these positions are also available:

Campaign Designer
Character Designer

I'll list more if I think of them. Be sure to let me know what position you want, and examples of your work are a big help, but are not required
HotDog1234

Re: Real-Time Strategy / Real-Time Tactics Game

Post by HotDog1234 »

Having found people to help, production has started. All information will be posted on United Ti, so no questions will be answered here.