Note on sdcc

A General Discussion forum for TI calculators

Moderator: MaxCoderz Staff

CoBB
MCF Legend

Post by CoBB »

Halifax wrote:Who wouldn't use polygons?
As I see it, approximating surfaces with polygons is a hack by itself that provides a substitute for raytracing in many practical applications, because raytracing is simple but slow, while polygon rendering is complex but fast.

As for your wishlist, I’m with you in that, absolutely.
Halifax wrote:Right now though I am so happy with the graphics that are already here.
In fact, I’m pretty happy with 10-15-year old graphics already...
Halifax
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by Halifax »

Ah, yes I see what you mean by it being a hack.

CoBB: Aren't we all. ;) We wouldn't be at this forum if we weren't.
Liazon
Calc Guru

Post by Liazon »

no what i meant was that realism is limited by the vision of the artist

and ya, I'm pretty happy too w/ some of the current graphics when the artists do a really good job and take advantage of the gpu power.
Image Image Image
DJ_O
Calc King

Post by DJ_O »

I love when it's full of pixel art more for some reason. Of course I still like a good fps every now and then though, but I think Halo and Unreal Tournament does the job for me. I even play the old Duke Nukem 3D sometimes
ImageImageImageImage
Halifax
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by Halifax »

Liazon wrote:no what i meant was that realism is limited by the vision of the artist

and ya, I'm pretty happy too w/ some of the current graphics when the artists do a really good job and take advantage of the gpu power.
That isn't totally true. Physics adds as much realism as art does. As Pixar once said, "The thing that makes people believe are movies is the feeling of mass". And secondly it isn't the artists to take advantage of the gpu, it is the programmers who make the shaders, or more so Unreal Engine.