TI does not support ASM programming!

A General Discussion forum for TI calculators

Moderator: MaxCoderz Staff

Jim e
Calc King

Post by Jim e »

Halifax wrote:You would have even more dedicated programmers like Jim_e/BrandonW/all of those people going out and just hacking away at this OS to get it open and then they would and the community would still live.
No no no, I'm the hardware guy. Brandon is the OS guy.
DigiTan
Calc Master

Post by DigiTan »

Let's also remember that TI is primarily into the DSP business and not so much calculators. Graphing makes up such a small part of their bottom line, I doubt our community is anywhere on their agenda. Will N-Spire change that? Who knows.
My diet consists of nails, code-stealers, and HP fans.
Projects:

Robot War [TI-82, TI Flash App]
Sonic the Hedgehog [Multiplatform]
King Harold
Calc King

Post by King Harold »

Dixons is a store, not a manufactor.
That is not the point. If it would be a manufactor then I would refuse to buy any of their products. I hate them. They way they treat customers there - they don't deserve any.

In fact they're a bit like some people here: 'why are you even talking - you don't know anything! Oh you think you do know a bit? well prove it!'
Yea great.. think I might leave here soon..

I would be surprised if the N-Spire changed anything soon. I doubt the market for it will be very big - since most students have to use 83/84's or 89's, for now at least.
kv83
Maxcoderz Staff

Post by kv83 »

You ever thought about the possibility that you are the one irritating others? ;)
That is not the point.
Bullshit! You compare stores to manufactors. Next you compare them to your dad. Almost noone has ever contact with a manufactor. If something is broke, you go to the store, if you buy something, you go to the store. The chance you actually will have contact with a manufactor is as good as zero. The point here is that noone gives a shit about TI-customer-service. As long as the product works, there is no need for customer-service at all.

Your arguments are invalid. You are acting like a little child whose lollypop was taken. Cry me a river, build a bridge and get over it.
King Harold
Calc King

Post by King Harold »

kv, that's exactly what I mean, you don't have to mean on purpose do you.

IMO my point is still valid, if they make you hate them you will not buy their product anymore, be they manufacturer's or stores. If they do it on a large scale they will lose customers.
Also I'd sooner go to the manufacturer than to the shop, the shop has nothing to do with the product, they just sold it, the manufacturer obviously made it so they know how it works etc.

If I really irritate you that much then just ban me. Go abuse your power. You're just the type.
Halifax
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by Halifax »

King Harold: Woah chill out man. Seriously how would TI ever make anyone hate them when all the schools require TI graphing calculators on their tools list. I don't think TI will ever go down the drain. They have too much of a grasp on the market and simply can't die.
kv83
Maxcoderz Staff

Post by kv83 »

if they make you hate them you will not buy their product anymore
They don't make you hate them. You do that yourself for invalid reasons. They are a bussines. Not a "let's help children with their personal programming problems"-donation.
Also I'd sooner go to the manufacturer than to the shop, the shop has nothing to do with the product, they just sold it, the manufacturer obviously made it so they know how it works etc.
You should know your info before blabering shit. The shop is responsible for the product they sell. If it breaks, you have to go to the shop. Look it up :O
If I really irritate you that much then just ban me. Go abuse your power. You're just the type.
If I'd be the type, you would've been gone a long time ago
Jim e
Calc King

Post by Jim e »

King Harold wrote:If I really irritate you that much then just ban me. Go abuse your power. You're just the type.
You should recognized though there's no point in fighting the admin, get on his bad side there isn't anything restricting him from banning, and no one generally cares if he bans who he doesn't like.
King Harold
Calc King

Post by King Harold »

The shop is responsible for the product they sell.
Most shops don't know anything about their stuff. They will just replace it when it's broken. That's no help that's replacing.

You should recognized though there's no point in fighting the admin, get on his bad side there isn't anything restricting him from banning, and no one generally cares if he bans who he doesn't like.
he fights me - I fight back, seems logical. But don't think I care about being banned here. This is not a nice forum so why should I.

Enough said, I'm gone. I would like to thank Ben and tr1p for their awesome help and products especially.
driesguldolf
Extreme Poster

Post by driesguldolf »

[This is a totally off-topic post but I believe it is neccesary]

I can understand that King Harold, but you shouldn't put too many attention to those guys who can only flame about others, who cannot understand how you feel about the world as they think the world is absolutely normal the way it is and that it is noobish to make topics about it.
Don't go! We need people like you who at least try to take responsibility in a world where nobody cares about the world...

And for kv83: They say that with great power comes great responsibility...
driesguldolf
Extreme Poster

Post by driesguldolf »

But if I'm allowed to get back on topic, the answer to your question is simple:
TI doesn't care about the world, it only cares about there money. And too bad capitalism is not against the law.
DigiTan
Calc Master

Post by DigiTan »

Of course. Why on earth would anyone actually want to make money? I'm sure when Green, Jonsson, and McDermott founded the company, they had hopes of being as unprofitable as possible. :roll:

driesguldolf, if you're through humiliating yourself, how about we just stick to TI-OS?

I emailed a couple TI representatives 1-on-1 a while back and I guess I could look them up again. Judging from the letter in the original post, I doubt that person had any connection to the calculator division other than a legal one. If Detached Solutions is any example, sometimes knowing the right person can make all the difference.
Projects:

Halifax
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by Halifax »

@the people complaing and no one else: Seriously wtf do you want TI to do. They are being as nice as they can. They didn't have to make ASM available, and they didn't have to release the equates. They didn't even have to release a calculator for anyone, but they did. Just be happy with what you get or go make it yourself. TI is going to be the only motherf***in nice company on the face of the earth. Get real and notice how cold this world actually is. Be happy you have forums that support help, and huge game archives.

I guess next when we have a calc with all the documentation and help from TI that we want, then you guys are going to go off and request a better calc. I am getting tired of all the complaining s***.

@King_Harold: Don't be such a baby dude. You brought this upon yourself. You weren't exactly the nicest person either, always posting peoples code and bashing. So really it's your own fault and you forced yourself to leave. Do you ever admit you are wrong?
Last edited by Halifax on Sat 30 Jun, 2007 2:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
DigiTan
Calc Master

Post by DigiTan »

Halifax wrote:@the people complaing and no one else: Seriously wtf do you want TI to do.
They're living in a fantasy land. In their world, TI is a genie in a lamp. If they want corporate plans, free software, or shinier calculators, the company should tend to their needs. Business model be damned. If the price feels too high, TI should lower it. If they scrape their knee, TI should come to the rescue. And when this whining isn't heard, we get posts about "capitalist greed."
Projects:

King Harold
Calc King

Post by King Harold »

So I decided to take a little look..
driesguldolf is the only person on the entire forum who doesn't want me to leave, so poo the rest, he is right about the capitalism btw
Companies need to make money, ok, but that doesn't mean they have to be jerks just to get every last cent. Also it is downright stupid to have a "support" section if you're just putting ppl there who write nice responses explaining why they can't support you. It costs more money than having no "support" section, so they should do away with it.
I know I wasn't nice, but I don't openly hate someone personally with a twisted smile on my face, I just bash their code, and "scf - ccf" really needed bashing
notice how cold this world actually is.
That is why we complain. This forum appears to be making money as well since it is no better.
They are being as nice as they can.
Obviously not. They're being just so nice that it won't cost them a lot of money and still makes them appear nice.
Do you ever admit you are wrong?
I'm not. It's an opinion, opinions are never wrong.