Smash Bros Brawl

Feel like posting Off Topic? Do it here.

Moderator: MaxCoderz Staff

DigiTan
Calc Master

Post by DigiTan »

Yeah, I've gotta agree with you there. Almost all the smash & special attacks in melee were so slow, you couldn't even use them against difficult AI players. I like this new direction they're going with moves that self-charge whenever you're not using them.

The items were really annoying in Melee too. At least compared to Brawl. You would be in the middle of an aerial attack and a random item spawns in your way and explodes. Hopefully, they'll fix that.

Personally, I'm looking forward to Snake and Diddy. My picks for newcomers are Paper Mario, Mega Man, Bomber Man (Konami has ties to Metal Gear), Battletoads (weren't they licensed by Rare, Ltd?), Tetris and Pikmin assist trophies... A few others...
My diet consists of nails, code-stealers, and HP fans.
Projects:

Robot War [TI-82, TI Flash App]
Sonic the Hedgehog [Multiplatform]
Art_of_camelot

Post by Art_of_camelot »

Mega man would be great, and yea RARE did battle toads so i think mabey so. As far as wish list of characters I would like to see I would also add; Simon Belmont, The Double dragons (Billy and Jimmy ?),and the guys from contra. If snake is in it i dont see why simon belmont and the contra guys couldn't be....
*Edit* Hmmm. Mabey Cecil and Kain from final fantasy 4 too :twisted: Hell, you could even throw in the two dragons from bubble bobble.
Homestar
Extreme Poster

Post by Homestar »

I'd love to see maybe even the James bond or Joanna Dark (made by Rareware) But I severely doubt it would actually happen, as they were owned by Nintendo and sold to sony... (but then again wasn't snake???)

Being a Goron or Zora from the Zelda games would be nice, or even masks that turned you into one...

Waluigi? anyone?...
Image Image Image Homestar just earned .75 maxcoins for this post.
Homestar
Extreme Poster

Post by Homestar »

Could Sonic be in Smash? Apparently he was shown in a canadian best buy ad on the far left, next to Samus and Wario (not where the finger is pointing)

Super Speler

Post by Super Speler »

That's insane, assuming it's true!
Art_of_camelot

Post by Art_of_camelot »

yea, he could, but me thinks the pic may have been "shopped", or fake... Since nintendo has denied rumors of sonic in it.
Homestar
Extreme Poster

Post by Homestar »

Photoshop is always a suspicion, however, It may have been a marketing mistake, don't forget this is Best Buy not Nintendo...

... but it remains a glimmer of hope ;)
DigiTan
Calc Master

Post by DigiTan »

It's true! Good lord, it's true!!!

:excited: Minutes ago, Sonic, the Fastest Thing Alive himself was confirmed by Masahiro Sakurai right on the smashbros.com webpage! This is gaming history in the making! After a 16-year rivalry, Nintendo and Sega mascots face off!! :excited:

ImageImageImage

:excited: The announcement of the Blue Blur was followed up by a 55-second video, in which Sonic showcases his moves after running down his rival Mario. All of his signature attacks are here! Including a spin dash that can mow down entire rows of enemies!!! :excited: And his Final Smash? Well...I won't ruin it for you. *stammers* Gah, get......STOP READING THIS AND WATCH!!! SONIC IS HERE!!!!
Projects:

DJ_O
Calc King

Post by DJ_O »

w00t awesome! I'm glad to see a non nintendo mascot in a nintendo game ^^

I hope Master Chief (Spartan) is added to SSB:B too...err..maybe not that extreme lol
Image Image Image Now active at https://discord.gg/cuZcfcF (CodeWalrus server)
DigiTan
Calc Master

Post by DigiTan »

Oh man, you can never tell! It would be awesome to have a four-way battle between all 4 famous console makers. And I heard some rumor that Bungie is separating from Microsoft. But this definatly prooves Nintendo is pulling all the stops with this game! And heck, it looks like they actually listen to what the gamers want! :excited:

This Sonic announcement has me completely wired now! It's 3:30am, I have an exam tomorrow and I feel like I drank a full pot of coffee and sugar. As soon as my student aid gets fixed next week, I'm running out and buying the first Wii I see. I'll call it a...study aid. :excited: (What?!!? It builds hand-eye coordination!). Damn, everybody! It's freakin' Sonic!!! :insane:

*EXPLODES*

*EXPLODES AGAIN*
Projects:

Homestar
Extreme Poster

Post by Homestar »

:o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o

... buu.. I was... and then.... soni... I was right?

ROFLROFLROFLROFLROFLROLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

:excited: :excited: :excited: :excited: SONIC'S IN SSB!!!!!! *good timing if I do say so myself*

Was the advertisement released early? Or did Nintendo release early to cover up the advertisement? That might just be a worthwhile chicken and egg argument...
HOLY FREAKING SONIC!
DJ_O
Calc King

Post by DJ_O »

WHAT? Bungine separating from Microsoft??? Woot! I always wondered what microsoft was doing into Halo besides distributing it? They seemed to have done nothing in the game, and it seems to be only bungie developping it. If bungie wasn't with Microsoft maybe we would have Halo on other consoles like Playstation 3 or Wii, thus, no more need to pay to play online
Image Image Image Now active at https://discord.gg/cuZcfcF (CodeWalrus server)
DigiTan
Calc Master

Post by DigiTan »

It looks like the Bungie-Microsoft split is confirmed. Even more odd, Smash Bros Brawl has been delayed until january 24th. The game looks fairly complete at this point, so I have to wonder.....what could they possibly be adding? Hmmmm.... Hmmmm... I'd be totally blown away if something distinctly Bungie got added last minute. Mario vs. Snake vs. Sonic vs. Master Cheif anyone?

ROFL! Here are some comments that were said on smashboards.com this morning
Before the update, Kabyk-Greenmyst wrote:My roommate said he'd kiss my feet if Sonic is announced tomorrow, so I REALLY need Sonic to be announced, more so than usual.
Someone responding to a post saying 'SONIC CONFIRMED' wrote:*facepalm.*
How can ya'll buy into this bull****? Hm?
Aryman after the update wrote:Someone dig up the Anti-Sonic thread. I'm not part of the SSS, but I'll help deal out some "TOLD YOU SO"s.
Digital Angel wrote:I just took a piss in a cup to avoid leaving my seat...
:insane: :excited: I'm way too wound up today. Most of my morning consisted of spinning around on the floor shouting "WhoopWhoopWhoopWhoopWhoopWhoopWhoopWhoop!!!." :excited: My highschool bud (the HUGE Sonic fan) is waiting to get off work to see it. At least one of Sonic's moves (the one used against Donkey Kong) comes straight out of Saturn's "Sonic Fighters." It looks like his up UP+B move is the spring. Maybe SIDEWAYS+B for the spin dash?
Projects:

jimmothy

Post by jimmothy »

DJ Omnimaga wrote:w00t awesome! I'm glad to see a non nintendo mascot in a nintendo game ^^

I hope Master Chief (Spartan) is added to SSB:B too...err..maybe not that extreme lol
snake is a non nintendo mascott. he wasw announced as soon as the game was announced.

anyway
WHAT!!?!?!?!?!!?
January, where did you get this information, this cannot happen. i need this confirmed.

edit: i did some research. the date is tba. its January 24th in Japan ONLY not in NA as well.However many people still think that we will recieve this before Japan. btw, who had said all that time ago that the game was done? obviously not true and i said so then.

also, i have heard some rumors that the opopsite of what we all fear (delay) is happening (doubtful in my mind) either way this guy clearly is either a huge hippocrit or its coming early http://www.gametrailers.com/player/22608.html

the main thing that scares me is that the update of sonic defentiely came at the same time as the change of Dec 03 to TBA. this indicates that they are trying to soften the blow of the bad news, why else would they release sonic now, i felt that he would be one of the last confirmed, or that he would be a surprize. they would have no reason to both release sonic AND tell us that the game is coming early, it seems like they like to string us along, they wouldnt waste it all in one breath. I hope tomorrow something official comes in the update as all of this stems from the Dec 03 changing to TBA. it could be a mistake for all we know.

i dont know why everyone is wound up, sonic cant come untill brawl comes and now that date is up in the air...

editedit:
http://www.thewiire.com/news/998/1/Upda ... _Downloads

now im not sure what to believe
Homestar
Extreme Poster

Post by Homestar »

Super Smash Brawl currently is planned to come out December 3rd for the Americas.

Both your sources affirmed the release date has not changed. You have to remember, Japan and American cultures are entirely different. Infact they have to re-make most games for Japan or US in order for them to be successful in both. If you want a cool discussion watch Is Japan Culturally Biased?. Japan and American release dates have rarely matched up.

I was the one to say the game was finished, as that is what I was told by a Nintendo representative. Apparently, from what I've picked up the game is, and has been finished, however, a few changes may have been made while Nintendo waits for Halo 3 to die down. This doesn't mean the game was previously unfinished, just a few last minute tweaks. Sonic may have been one of those last minute tweaks.

IGN wrote:Early on in Brawl's development, Sakurai opened up a fan request opinion poll on a Japanese Nintendo website. It asked the people for their picks, especially for which characters to include this time around. Number one in the end? Sonic the Hedgehog, Sega's main mascot, and legendary rival of Mario since the 16-bit console wars.

There was no doubt that having Sonic in the game would be a huge get, and really push Brawl over the top in hype factor – and that's exactly what happened. After literally years of wishful thinking, hoping, and praying, Sonic was confirmed to join the roster of Super Smash Bros. Brawl on October 10, 2007. All the signs pointed to it happening, all the fans thought it would happen, and, sure enough, it did. You can call this rumor confirmed for sure.
________________________(click for full article)

All said, I think Nintendo intentionally made sonic's appearance doubtful, just to make the release that much more. Psychology, psychology, psychology. Personally it made my day, and the ploy is genius. As to delaying the date, I think that will lead to disappointment. Could Sonic be a cover up? mabye... but as of yet no delay for the USA has been announced. Even if it was, I think it would be because of timing rather than an unfinished product; in which case I would highly doubt any delay could gain what would be lost.

(mabye we'll find out in another Canadian best buy ad) :P