Smash Bros Brawl

Feel like posting Off Topic? Do it here.

Moderator: MaxCoderz Staff

tr1p1ea
Maxcoderz Staff

Post by tr1p1ea »

The Wii is a great console and galaxy looks awesome. Zelda:TP is a magnificent game and brawl looks to continue the franchise well.

You can download Opera for Wii through the shop channel, it used to be free for early birds though.

There are some RPG's coming out, one of the great looking ones is Dragon Quest.
"My world is Black & White. But if I blink fast enough, I see it in Grayscale."
DigiTan
Calc Master

Post by DigiTan »

Looks like there's been a lot of new SSBB developments in the past few weeks. Even though the editors seem to be stretching the new & exciting announcements pretty far now, due to the rescheduling, there's been a few gold nuggets here and there.

Today they're announcing motion-sensitivity in the Wiimote control option. Shake right to smash right. Shake left to smash left. Pretty surprising considering they were saying this wouldn't be the case less than a year ago. Appearantly you can take you custom controls on the road too. It all goes to your Wiimote's internal Flash and the game sorts out the rest...no matter who's Wii you're playing.

Spectator mode looks just as good. You can watch from the sidelines as online players battle and bet coins on who wins. No word if Nintendo plans to publish a Smash Almanac.

Still waiting to see the television ads for smash bros. The ads for Mario Galaxy have been a little unremarkable from what I've seen, but Nintendo always seems to take things up a notch when it comes to anything Smash. Personally, I'm hoping to see a mascot fight.
My diet consists of nails, code-stealers, and HP fans.
Projects:

Robot War [TI-82, TI Flash App]
Sonic the Hedgehog [Multiplatform]
jimmothy

Post by jimmothy »

i think they just meant that wii movement wouldnt be necessary. you can use alternate controll methods like a classic controller, a gc controller...
Homestar
Extreme Poster

Post by Homestar »

Hey I know this is slightly off the SSBB, but... (the updates have been slow anyway)

Ok, I had another run in with the Nintendo Representative at Target. (for those of you who don't remember I work in the electronics department, and occasionally representatives from the different companies come in and check in on their products).

We talked a little bit about what's happening in the market, ect. And then she (the Nintendo rep) asked me "Have you seen the hidden message on the Mario Galaxy cover?" I was like "no..."

look carefully at the cover, you'll see stars that I've circled on the title of the game.
If you read their correlating letters it comes to this:

_________U R
_________MR
_________GAY

What do you guys make of it; hidden message, or coincidentally balanced stars?
(click to enlarge)
Image Image Image Homestar just earned .75 maxcoins for this post.
kalan_vod
Calc King

Post by kalan_vod »

Wow, I bet that was put in as a joke! :P
jimmothy

Post by jimmothy »

ya, i never noticed but mario looks a bit like heath ledger
King Harold
Calc King

Post by King Harold »

looks like a joke.. this is no coincidence
JoostinOnline

Post by JoostinOnline »

So now Nintendo is going to turn into Disney?
"Macs are the Perfect Computers", said the Perfect Idiot.
Testing for:
Vera
Homestar
Extreme Poster

Post by Homestar »

JoostinOnline wrote:So now Nintendo is going to turn into Disney?
lol, I was thinking the same thing when I saw it myself.
Homestar
Extreme Poster

Post by Homestar »

SSBB is Delayed in the US untill March 9th

Masahiro Sakurai wrote:Due to delays in the completion of Super Smash Bros. Brawl, we’ve had to change the release date of the game to Sunday, March 9th.

I deeply apologize to the people who have looked forward to playing the game for so long and ask that you hold on just a little longer. Thank you for your patience.
:( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :(

This had better be worth it
JoostinOnline

Post by JoostinOnline »

I hope this just doesnt turn into The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess. It was delayed for like a year.
"Macs are the Perfect Computers", said the Perfect Idiot.
Testing for:
Vera
Art_of_camelot

Post by Art_of_camelot »

I really hope it doesnt turn out that way, because afer all the hype surrounding Zelda and it getting great reviews I was expecting an Epic game. To say the least I was extremly dissapointed. Smash bros is the only reason I'm still hanging onto the Wii at the moment, and this delay isnt helping things. If this game turns out to be less that Epic I think I'll be selling my Wii.
Homestar
Extreme Poster

Post by Homestar »

What about Mario Galaxy, it was pretty epic, it won Game of the Year on both IGN, and Gametrailers (beating Halo3, ect.) Besides the fact I enjoy it a lot myself, but I fully agree about the Delay, don't make a release date until you can keep it
tr1p1ea
Maxcoderz Staff

Post by tr1p1ea »

I think a lot of people didnt think TP was 'epic' because it was a GC port (and thus didnt have 'next-gen' graphics). I thought the game was really impressive. Galaxy is a great game, and im glad to see the media go for gameplay over graphics for a change this year.

Brawl has already been delayed, but lets hope it holds its release this time :X.
"My world is Black & White. But if I blink fast enough, I see it in Grayscale."
Art_of_camelot

Post by Art_of_camelot »

I havent played super mario galaxy yet. Im kind of hesitant because although it looks cool, i didnt like mario 64 or mario sunshine and this seems to be in a similar vein. I'd hate to drop $60 on a game i might not like. As far as twilight princess is concerned, I wasnt dissapointed by the graphics, that's not what makes a game (though by todays standards it seems that graphics are all that is important to developers). I was dissapointed by the weak story line and the lack of challenge in the game. It was impossible for me to die in this game. Zelda peaked with Ocarina of time, and i was really expecting a new Ocarina of time in this game (a grand quest that was a truley enjoyable expirence) and that just didnt happen. :( I was hesitant to buy the gami initally because the game seemed to use the whole "wolf transformation" as a gimmick to sell the game. But it got great reviews and I though I must have been mistaken. After buying it i realized i should have followed my gut, but the sad part is that the best thing about the game to me was the wolf transformation :). Generally I have been much dissapointed by the lack of quaility in todays games .Today story line and fun factor are cut for shiny graphics . I miss the days when you had to work to get through a game and sometimes it would take you a while to get past a level because it was tough. You really had to earn beating the game and getting past the difficult parts gave you a sense of satisfaction . That's what it was all about. Any how back on topic... hopefully they are using this extended time to work any gameplay bugs out (maybe add some more sexy new characters too??? Yea right... Im dreamin). I am definitley looking foward to online play as well. If they delay it again though I don't know what im going to do with myself :insane: