[TI ASM] z80 under Linux

Got questions? Got answers? Go here for both.

Moderator: MaxCoderz Staff

GuillaumeH

Post by GuillaumeH »

Come on, when someone asks for tips for programming under linux, don't give "solutions" as using another system...
Shadow Phoenix
Calc Guru

Post by Shadow Phoenix »

its beacuse i had a similar problem Linux at friends house and i think Doom. well no matter how i tried i ouldnt get it. so i just got a new harddrive and vaula the game works ^_^
Life is getting better.
koolmansam375
Extreme Poster

Post by koolmansam375 »

Shadow Phoenix wrote:its beacuse i had a similar problem Linux at friends house and i think Doom. well no matter how i tried i ouldnt get it. so i just got a new harddrive and vaula the game works ^_^
as soon as i figure out what this says ill know how to properly reply...

GuillameH: i have some little points that need clearing
1. how do i load the syntax highlighting file? do i need to move it into one of kates folders or what? how do i do it?
2. with the shell script how do i need to structure everything? put bincalc, tpasm, my source, etc in the same folder? (thats what im assuming)
3. can titranz get rom images? otherwise id need to use tilp or just wine the flash debugger which doesnt need one
4. can i run calccapture under wine along with the flash debugger and will it recognize that the flash debugger is running?

Pongwars shall live!

blog is down atm. :-(
MissingIntellect

Post by MissingIntellect »

This might be worth a look, too:

http://www.penguin.cz/~niki/tdasm/
koolmansam375
Extreme Poster

Post by koolmansam375 »

MissingIntellect wrote:This might be worth a look, too:

http://www.penguin.cz/~niki/tdasm/
Thats either really old or he hasnt updated his software in a long time! Red Hat 6 and KDevelop 1.1!?

Well anyways i think my windows is ok for developing. it might have just been SP2 that f***ed things up i dunno so im developing in that for the time being at least :D .

Pongwars shall live!

GuillaumeH

Post by GuillaumeH »

GuillameH: i have some little points that need clearing
1. how do i load the syntax highlighting file? do i need to move it into one of kates folders or what? how do i do it?
2. with the shell script how do i need to structure everything? put bincalc, tpasm, my source, etc in the same folder? (thats what im assuming)
3. can titranz get rom images? otherwise id need to use tilp or just wine the flash debugger which doesnt need one
4. can i run calccapture under wine along with the flash debugger and will it recognize that the flash debugger is running?
1. Put it in the /usr/share/apps/katepart/syntax directory.
2. For this very specific script, yes.
3. I don't think so, I can't remember.. Also, titranz only works for TI-83(+).
4. No idea.
koolmansam375
Extreme Poster

Post by koolmansam375 »

im reviving this thread again with some more questions

I just (2 days ago) loaded my Mac with Linux (thank you Yellow Dog ^_^ (except its based off red hat which :'-(. Any other distros with ppc versions?)) and now I have two more questions for my z80 dev environment.

1. Is there a sprite maker program like cgs?
2. What do I use/how do I take screenshots?

Pongwars shall live!

Andy_J
Calc Master

Post by Andy_J »

I'm fairly certain Gentoo has a ppc branch.
ImageImage
GuillaumeH

Post by GuillaumeH »

Ubuntu Linux also has a ppc version. This distro is really easy to install and use, and has debian's package system too :)

To answer your questions :

1. You can run Calcgs with WINE.
2. For the latest screenshots I've made, I used TilEm in window mode and used KDE's keyboard shortcut to take a snapshot of a window...
koolmansam375
Extreme Poster

Post by koolmansam375 »

GuillaumeH wrote:Ubuntu Linux also has a ppc version. This distro is really easy to install and use, and has debian's package system too :)
I just wonder if Ill be able to upgrade the 5.04-preview version or even the 4.10 version to the 5 release version.

EDIT: I just looked at their docs and you CAN up from the Warty release to the Hoary one and then to future releases so on and so on.

Pongwars shall live!

koolmansam375
Extreme Poster

Post by koolmansam375 »

Maybe Ill try Debian. I hope the install isnt as hard as the one for Gentoo :-/.

Id like to get into Gentoo but I always seem to mess up the install somwhere.

Ubuntu forces GNOME on you but I prefer KDE. (and makes you use sudo! no "su -" at all!!!)

Pongwars shall live!

GuillaumeH

Post by GuillaumeH »

If you prefer KDE, you can install Ubuntu and then do an "apt-get install kubuntu-desktop" and voila, you have the latest KDE (3.4) installed :)
koolmansam375
Extreme Poster

Post by koolmansam375 »

GuillaumeH wrote:If you prefer KDE, you can install Ubuntu and then do an "apt-get install kubuntu-desktop" and voila, you have the latest KDE (3.4) installed :)
Yea I was looking around on the web later and I found out about Kubuntu. Ill give it a try.

3.4 is in Hoary. 3.2 is in Warty.

Pongwars shall live!

Andy_J
Calc Master

Post by Andy_J »

No su? Easy.

Code: Select all

sudo /bin/bash -l
Gentoo's install really isn't all that hard. I've done it several times by now, I can almost do it from memory.
ImageImage
koolmansam375
Extreme Poster

Post by koolmansam375 »

AndySoft wrote:Gentoo's install really isn't all that hard. I've done it several times by now, I can almost do it from memory.
Yea I can do the install. Doing it without messing something up is a different story :) .

The part I mess up on is the kernel compilation because I dont really kno what I need (aside from somethings).

Pongwars shall live!