Demon's Projects

A forum where you can announce your awesome project(s).

Moderator: MaxCoderz Staff

Homestar
Extreme Poster

Post by Homestar »

Am I seeing a Quintuple or Pentuple post? ___Holy... :shockedpuzzled: :o :shockedpuzzled: :o
Image Image Image Homestar just earned .75 maxcoins for this post.
ProphetsDementia

Post by ProphetsDementia »

Hey, Demon! This regards your Replacement GUI.
When you press left when 'Preview Pic' is selected, it will go to ZoomEdit.

This isn't really a bug, per se.
It's more of a little misdemeanor.
If you do want it to go back to ZoomEdit, make it a little bit smoother on the transition. Otherwise, stop the process altogether.
Demon

Post by Demon »

PyroEdit 3.0 -> 3.1: 50%
- Faster start-up. You have an option to turn off dynamic cleaning during load and to skip probing for init scripts if you have no modules that don't explicitly rely on them.
- Main tools will be built back into PyroEdit (and the interface changed) to make editing more efficient.
- Considering Grayscale and Animation.

Anything else I should add?
"Python has dynamic typing, and dynamic binding, which means that not only does it make a great secretary, it is also pretty damn kinky." --Henry the Adequate

<My Artwork>
ProphetsDementia

Hmm...

16x16 ZoomEdit (maybe)?
That would be awesome.

Greyscale and Animation would be a very good addition.
"Choice. The problem is choice."
"Quite correct. Strange; that was quicker than the others."
"Others?"

"In your case, this is the sixth version of the Matrix."
"Sixth version? Then, either no one told me or no one knew."
Demon

Post by Demon »

PyroSysX and PyroSysX IRC: 20% complete.
"Python has dynamic typing, and dynamic binding, which means that not only does it make a great secretary, it is also pretty damn kinky." --Henry the Adequate

<My Artwork>
Demon

Post by Demon »

PyroEdit 4.0
I'm almost done with PyroEdit. I'm doing a last test to make sure everything does what its supposed to and I need to add Active Help instructions to the Map Editor. A lot of new features have been added, the two most important being grayscale editing and active help. You can now edit standard grayscale pictures, sprites, and tilemaps (I tried to go for extended grayscale editing too, but that ended up slowing everything down too much), and if you're new to PyroEdit, you can turn on Active Help and get instructions as you edit. Also, I've updated the interface a bit. Menus no longer take up the whole screen, and you also get a cool bi-directional pan of the picture you're editing. PyroEdit will also bookmark the last menu item you chose to save you some time. Modules have also been changed and you can now go to Module Info and get a module's name, type, version, author, and description.

All these new features have probably made the entire PyroEdit suite about the size of a one-page application, but PyroEdit has had a few more optimizations to keep memory usage down while it's running.

ZoomEdit
I've finally added support for 16x16 sprites, too. I also took any non-dynamic calculations out of loops and put them into variables beforehand to speed things up.

PyroSysX -> #Buckwild, #Buckwild IAC/IRC, and Nakamuru (PHP)
The quiet-at-the-moment "organized world of insanity," is still under construction at http://buckwild.mine.nu:8080/. Right now, I'm working on the chat and on Nakamuru, the pseudo-sentient bot (which perhaps won't go psychotic this time :P). Nakamuru can already transfer messages between IRC and IAC script I wrote, now I just got to make IAC parse its relays. After Nakamuru and IAC/IRC, I will start working on the forums.

<My Artwork>
ProphetsDementia

Demon.
Why don't you stop messing around and just make PyroEdit an APP with all the MODs?
"Choice. The problem is choice."
"Quite correct. Strange; that was quicker than the others."
"Others?"

"In your case, this is the sixth version of the Matrix."
"Sixth version? Then, either no one told me or no one knew."
Demon

Post by Demon »

PyroEdit 4.0
PyroEdit is finished and is ready to be released, but I will need to get Windows before I'm able to package everything and get screenshots.

The entire PyroEdit suite is 20k after totaling up everything, but you'll only need at least 5 or 6k of RAM free to use it without having to worry about Memory errors.

In addition to the features added earlier, there is now a drawing grid so you can tell where one sprite should end and one should begin (the on-screen coordinate slew down things too much); PyroMap has Active Help, and you also now have to the option to archive the settings lists and the grid to save RAM. They are off by default, however. Pictures can be instantiated when you open them and that should get rid of any "graphical weirdness" may occur (even when PyroEdit tries to take care of it) when you try to edit a non-existant pic.

Oh yeah, and if you have an IRC room you want to be connected with Buckwild and you're on EFnet, give me the room name and I'll add it to Nakamuru's list. This pretty much the opposite of TiSax at Cemetech, which connects websites together on one channel.

<My Artwork>
jimmothy

Post by jimmothy »

this looks to be the best spriting tool on the calc, great work there demon

on the side lol@ the word "slew"
Demon

Post by Demon »

PyroEdit 4.0
- A module for rotation has been created. This time it actually rotates instead of transposing.
- Think it takes forever to move the cursor to something way on the other side of the screen? You can now jump in four-pixel increments using 4, 8, 6, and 2 keys, and in the sprite selection, TRACE and VARS to move the selection up and down in 4px increments, and "(" and "." to resize the boundary in 4px increments.
- When pasting a sprite to a pic, you can now change whether it is horizontally flipped and what drawing method is used using the "^" and the Sin/Cos/Tan keys, respectively.
- The PyroEdit guide may get written on-calc.
- The Module Development Guide will not be written this time unless someone requests it. Otherwise, if you're brave, you can browse around PyroEdit's source and other modules and learn how it works.

<My Artwork>
Demon

Post by Demon »

Random screenshots are in:
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage

<My Artwork>
Halifax
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by Halifax »

*Halifax dies X.X

Lol j/k j/k, but wtf are those screenshots from?? PE4
Demon

Post by Demon »

Yes, yes, and yes, respectively. ^_^

<My Artwork>
Demon

Post by Demon »

TI-Pipes
EDoR: Unknown
Complete: 50%
Description: TI-Pipes is a hybrid-BASIC pipes game a la Pipe Dreams/MacPipes/Pipeline.

aMaze
EDoR: <= 8/10/07
Complete: 80%
- Level Editor finished.
[I'll get a screenshot when I finish setting up this OS.]

PyroEdit 4.0
EDoR: Unknown
Complete: 99%
- Bugfixes, optimizations, and removal of unnecessary fluff. Should boot and run a bit faster now.

<My Artwork>
Demon

Post by Demon »

PyroEdit Module: Session Manager
Session Manager is a module that will let you save and load PyroEdit and PyroMap sessions to and from a list. You can quickly save and restore your PyroEdit/PyroMap configurations along with the pic(s) or tilemap you're editing along with the session (and the lists created for pics are only just a few bytes over 767).

PyroEdit Module: Module List Editor
This is a simple module to simplify adding/removing/reordering PyroEdit modules in APYROCFG.

PyroMap Module: Binary Tree Level Generator (Ported)
Programmer_to_be's Binary Tree Level Generator ported to PyroMap. http://www.unitedti.org/index.php?download=198

OTBP Assembler (Modified)
Calcmaniac's on-calc assambler, modified to use xLIB so that it along with all of the subroutines it uses can stay archived. http://www.ticalc.org/archives/files/fileinfo/392/39241.html

<My Artwork>