ASM programing for USB???

A General Discussion forum for TI calculators

Moderator: MaxCoderz Staff

Dulaithol

ASM programing for USB???

Post by Dulaithol »

I was wondering if anyone knows of a good guide for programing with the Z80 calcs link port.
Dwedit
Maxcoderz Staff

Post by Dwedit »

Check with the Usb8x developers, maybe look at their source code if it's available.
You know your hexadecimal output routine is broken when it displays the character 'G'.
King Harold
Calc King

Post by King Harold »

It is really complicated though, here is 'some' information on the USB ports
Dulaithol

Post by Dulaithol »

King Harold wrote:It is really complicated though, here is 'some' information on the USB ports
Yeah.......

I just spent the last two hours reading the USB 2.0 specifications, all I have to say is wow. I think I have some of it down but I have a long way to go and my brain is turning into mush. Thanks for the links. Now back to turning my brain into mush...
King Harold
Calc King

Post by King Harold »

If you get it to work then you would be a very good programmer, welcome to MC btw
Gambit
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by Gambit »

King Harold wrote:It is really complicated though, here is 'some' information on the USB ports
Unless you are interested in driver-making and more hacking (e.g. there's still many unknowns left), you should not have to use ANY low level port access when working with USB peripherals on the 84P. Instead, you should be using the much more forgiving usb8x, as mentioned above. :)
"If SOURCE is outlawed, only outlaws will have SOURCE."
King Harold
Calc King

Post by King Harold »

Well, I suppose you could do that, its gigantic though and you won't need all of it. Also, if you do it yourself you could integrate it better into the program you're making. But it would be hard yes. Have you successfully made programs using the normal link port? if not then maybe you should do so first.. not saying that you should, but it wouldn't be a bad idea.