Dreamcast VMU emulator

Got a brilliant program idea? Let us know!

Moderator: MaxCoderz Staff

Raiser

Dreamcast VMU emulator

Post by Raiser »

I'm not sure exactly how feasable this really is, but I've always wanted to see an emulator that runs VMU applications on the Ti83+. For those of you who don't know what I'm talking about, the VMU us a small memory card used with the Sega Dreamcast console that had its own LCD screen, d-pad and buttons. There were a few minigames that you could play on it, that could be obtained from Dreamcast games or the internet. There's also a few homebrew games available.

I figure, it shouldn't be too much for the Ti-83+ to handle. I mean, it even has the same graphical depth, only at a much smaller resolution.

If anyone's interested, it would definately be a cool thing to have.
CoBB
MCF Legend

Post by CoBB »

Since it is based on a CPU that's totally incompatible with the z80, emulation would be terribly slow (if possible at all given the code size limit).
Patori
Maxcoderz Staff

Post by Patori »

believe it or not, I was trying to code the chao garden game like a year ago....

Anyways... 128k... on the calculator? That's the size of those games... Erm... not good...

And do we really need those battery sucking games?
Currently coming up with a new signature idea... since my forum avatar changer was killed by an upgrade...