ERR:LINK

A General Discussion forum for TI calculators

Moderator: MaxCoderz Staff

silver calc

ERR:LINK

Post by silver calc »

I keep getting this error when I turn my calculator on. I've tried numerous ways to try and identify this error and what's causing it. I finally used calcsys to check what was wrong with the link port, and it gave this Binary: 00000110
What does this do, and what is causing it?
Please "encourage" me to work more on Image any way you deem necessary
benryves
Maxcoderz Staff

Post by benryves »

Z80 devices tend to favour active-low logic, and so the natural state of things is that they are high. The link port is no exception, and so the two least significant bits of the port should be set high when nothing is connected and trying to send something. (I get %00000011 on my 83+).

If you hold either link line low, the calculator will detect that and so try to acknowledge this (by holding the other line low) to transmit a bit.

I guess that something, somewhere, is holding a line low and the calculator is trying to receive data, timing out and then displaying that error message. I'd check for anything stuck in the link port, but it might also be a software issue, in which case the usual memory reset and OS reinstall solutions might be the only ones.

I'd be wary of trying to install a new OS if you have a dodgy link port, though. You wouldn't want to end up with a calculator without an OS and not be able to send a new one...
KermMartian
Calc Wizard

Post by KermMartian »

Sounds to me like a hardware problem, like something shorting clk to ground, fr'instance
Image Image Image