TI Picross

A forum where you can announce your awesome project(s).

Moderator: MaxCoderz Staff

thegamefreak0134
Extreme Poster

TI Picross

Post by thegamefreak0134 »

I saw a request or two for this idea in the programming ideas area, and decided to give it a go. Note that this also goes by the name "Paint by Numbers" but picross will fit in a program name much more nicely.

This is the concept shot I have for the game:

As you can see, the game will support 8x10 images, and I plan to allow scrolling and such in the future for larger images. I plan to include a fair few puzzles once I get the engine going, and I want to have an on-calc editor to make your own puzzles for friends.

I am only having one real issue (besides finding time to sit down and make it). There are picross combinations that form more than one "correct" picture, and are thus un-solvable. How do I check for things like this? Or should it simply be assumed that the puzzle is correct, and then simply check for the correct image only?

Other than that, give me comments. Oh, the bar on the left is a timer, not sure if I plan to implement it or not, since the game really should just record the best time for a pi-cross. I suppose I could display the time sideways... :twisted:

Comments? Suggestions? Am I too late? Has someoe done this for the 83/84(+) series already?

-thegamefreak
I'm not mad, just a little crazy.

DarkNova - a little side project I run.
kv83
Maxcoderz Staff

Post by kv83 »

Wow, it's like those japanase puzzels? Awesome! I like the interface and hope to see a demo soon!
blueskies
Calc Wizard

Post by blueskies »

http://www.ticalc.org/archives/files/fi ... /9552.html

been done, but the interface you've come up with looks much cleaner. maybe the source can help with the issue you were discussing.