Ti-83X

A forum where you can announce your awesome project(s).

Moderator: MaxCoderz Staff

Do you think it's a feasible and good idea to extend the 83p's functionality to be able to calculate similar to a 89?

feasible only
29%
good only
43%
both
29%
neither
No votes

Total votes: 7

silver calc

Ti-83X

Post by silver calc »

As the poll question asks, I was thinking about increasing the 83p's capabilities to calculate similar to an 89's through either an asm program or a flash app. Functions I'm thinking about are simplifying equations(X*X -> X^2 and other simplifications), 'exact answer display' (similar to 'Pretty Print'), and other functions not in the 83p (such as differentiation and other functions).
Is this feasible and good idea, and why/why not?
Please "encourage" me to work more on Image any way you deem necessary
tr1p1ea
Maxcoderz Staff

Post by tr1p1ea »

Have you checked out Symbolic? It is an App that shares a similar purpose. You can find information on it here:

http://www.detachedsolutions.com/symbolic/

You may want to take a look and see if you can improve upon/add things that it does not have.

I think its both feasable and a good idea :).
"My world is Black & White. But if I blink fast enough, I see it in Grayscale."
King Harold
Calc King

Post by King Harold »

Symbolic even comes with its source.. and it gave me a headache..
I did however give it to some people in my class who then gave it to like the whole school, so don't doubt its effectiveness. (i did however notice that it can't just simplify anything, it has its limits, so everyone will still have to do their homework)
silver calc

Post by silver calc »

Do you know where I could get the source code for PrettyPrint? I was hoping that I could make it so that there could be an option to display your answers in that sort of format.
Please "encourage" me to work more on Image any way you deem necessary
King Harold
Calc King

Post by King Harold »

I haven't been able to find PrettyPrint at all.. all sites which supposedly had something to do with it disapeared.. (atleast all i could find)

@tr1p: what would you add? symbolic integrator? (might be a nice idea but almost impossibly hard..)