[PC] Combat Ball

A forum where you can announce your awesome project(s).

Moderator: MaxCoderz Staff

necro
Calc King

Post by necro »

a reload gauge is already in the next version, I am also going to add more sound effects and such
Floodkiller
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by Floodkiller »

Bah, I got strep throat on Sunday, so I couldn't complete your game :P. I'm better now, but it has taken about 4 days.
Main Projects:
Zombie Attack: 20%

Side Projects:
???-25%

Staff member of Hikaru Rakuen Programming.
necro
Calc King

Post by necro »

as per the fact nobody has beaten it, a easy mode will be in the next version.
Floodkiller
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by Floodkiller »

Lol, it isn't so much hard as it is long. The boss battles take just a little too long to beat (15 min to finally whittle down the first bosses health, 30 min for the second boss :o). Maybe to shorten it just a little bit for a reasonable time, cause most bosses shouldnt take a half an hour to beat.

Also, the shotgun is kinda weak in the sense that it only does damage in that little flash off the body. That is more of a melee weapon than a gun. Instead, why don't you make it shoot off small damage pellets that will spread. It can still do high damage at close ranges, but still have pellets doing small amount of damage at long ranges. This will make it feel like a gun, because bullets just don't disappear into thin air about a couple centimeters away from your body.

Finally, I forgot to mention that little bug in level 3 earlier (the first one with having to push engines onto switches to start power.) You can accidentally push the engine toward the wall, not allowing you to get onto the other side of it and push it. This can effectively ruin your game. Maybe some sort of fix for that?

Edit: If you don't want to shorten the amount of time you have to do to beat a boss, you could make it a puzzle boss. Make it so the boss spews out enemies and obstacles along a level, and the only way to beat it is to trigger all the switches a certain amount of times, or to push all the engines on all the switches to electrocute it or something cool like that.
Main Projects:

Side Projects:
???-25%

necro
Calc King

Post by necro »

Floodkiller wrote:Lol, it isn't so much hard as it is long. The boss battles take just a little too long to beat (15 min to finally whittle down the first bosses health, 30 min for the second boss :o). Maybe to shorten it just a little bit for a reasonable time, cause most bosses shouldnt take a half an hour to beat.

Also, the shotgun is kinda weak in the sense that it only does damage in that little flash off the body. That is more of a melee weapon than a gun. Instead, why don't you make it shoot off small damage pellets that will spread. It can still do high damage at close ranges, but still have pellets doing small amount of damage at long ranges. This will make it feel like a gun, because bullets just don't disappear into thin air about a couple centimeters away from your body.

Finally, I forgot to mention that little bug in level 3 earlier (the first one with having to push engines onto switches to start power.) You can accidentally push the engine toward the wall, not allowing you to get onto the other side of it and push it. This can effectively ruin your game. Maybe some sort of fix for that?

Edit: If you don't want to shorten the amount of time you have to do to beat a boss, you could make it a puzzle boss. Make it so the boss spews out enemies and obstacles along a level, and the only way to beat it is to trigger all the switches a certain amount of times, or to push all the engines on all the switches to electrocute it or something cool like that.
umh, the sg does fire a spray of bullets, they just aren't visible (they travel slightly faster than normal bulltes to), and they don't spray the most.

regardless, I was going to make bosses shorter but harder in later version and I have always planned some bosses with "puzzle" elements to them. For the second boss, if you got the grenades it shouldn't be to long of a fight and all I'd think.
necro
Calc King

Post by necro »

a smoke effect for the next version, I have added new things including sloping terrain (almost smooth but still has some minors math errors) and I have figured out how to use alpha layers in my sprites, and a number of other things. New version soon, college is a b***** for making me spend so much time (I am on the dean's list though).
kalan_vod
Calc King

Post by kalan_vod »

Necro, you have a really great artistic skill..Just amazing with so few colors!
necro
Calc King

Post by necro »

wait till I get the final background sheets in (no point in adding yet) and I have finished a new explosion effect (its hard to see the best when its not in motion) and improved the smoke which blends well into the bg (lighter smoke for lighter bgs)
(grr, bad resolution...anyone know of a program to capture video/animation from the screen?)
threefingeredguy
Calc King

Post by threefingeredguy »

tr1p1ea
Maxcoderz Staff

Post by tr1p1ea »

Fraps is a great screen capture program for games.

http://www.fraps.com
"My world is Black & White. But if I blink fast enough, I see it in Grayscale."
necro
Calc King

Post by necro »

Well, the update will be soon, here is just a little screenie (it doesn't quite sinc up but it gives you an idea of some of the new effects)

I am trying to make the new levels much more interesting and much better terms of navigation difficulty (less places to get caught on, fewer akward jumps, etc).
necro
Calc King

Post by necro »

Does anyone care? Well, I guess not.
Delnar_Ersike
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by Delnar_Ersike »

Hehe, I care, except that I am lost for words :o .
Floodkiller
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by Floodkiller »

I care, but I have been busy getting caught by the teacher to post :(.
Main Projects:

Side Projects:
???-25%

necro
Calc King

Post by necro »

because it is still a little ways off from being done...(I probably will only have this screeny up for a little while!)