on-calc asm compiler

A forum where you can announce your awesome project(s).

Moderator: MaxCoderz Staff

King Harold
Calc King

Post by King Harold »

I intergrated it in the PRGM menu, press MODE when EDIT is selected. Unless anyone knows a better key to respond to?
King Harold
Calc King

Post by King Harold »

Don't lose interest - its progressing, but currently crashing :(
I have no idea why, but I'll figure out..
chickendude
Extreme Poster

Post by chickendude »

Well, the Delete key might be a better choice because you might go to the the Mode menu from the EDIT menu. I don't know why you would hit delete. Or maybe a key closer to the Enter key?
King Harold
Calc King

Post by King Harold »

Don't know about the delete key.. Seems un-natural to me, since I could have my program delete the program selected when you hit Del, I do have some space left.. Good idea maybe? would be fun way faster then going to the mem menu where you cant scroll from the bottom or press letters to go to it fast..
And when do you go from the Edit menu to the Mode menu? You could hit kQuit first and then Mode to get there.. (its not from within the program mind you, its from the Edit menu, where you select programs to edit, compiling seems like some sort of editing to me)
chickendude
Extreme Poster

Post by chickendude »

Yea, there really shouldn't be any problem with using the Mode key.

But anyway, I really like the idea of using the EDIT menu.
King Harold
Calc King

Post by King Harold »

Thanx :D
It's still crahing though.. :(
Might have to read the whole program through a few times again and pretend its new (so I will see how it actually is and not how I want it to be)..
thegamefreak0134
Extreme Poster

Post by thegamefreak0134 »

Have you at least pinpointed about where it's crashing? The best thing to do is let someone else have a look at it. Other people are usually a lot better at finding bugs than yourself, in all cases.
I'm not mad, just a little crazy.

DarkNova - a little side project I run.
King Harold
Calc King

Post by King Harold »

Have you at least pinpointed about where it's crashing?
unfotunately, no. Although it can hardly be a stack related issue. I will have to put some GetKey's in to see where it crashes, or have someone else look at it but I'd rather find it myself..
King Harold
Calc King

Post by King Harold »

You probebly all noticed that someone released an on-calc compiler at Tical - no that wasn't me. But it killed my enthusiasm. So unless someone here really really wants me to finish it...
oh and does anyone want the source for "linking" into the [program] [edit] menu?
threefingeredguy
Calc King

Post by threefingeredguy »

The one I saw on ticalc is missing many useful things like the ability to use .db and intructions like ld a,10. So long as yours has a good parser, you win.
King Harold
Calc King

Post by King Harold »

Ok, so, I'll try and fix the crashing problem..
It doesn't really have much of an expression parser (so no "4+5*6" or things like that) but it can do .db (only hexadecimal so far, I might try strings/chars aswell)
Is that good enough for you? :P
King Harold
Calc King

Post by King Harold »

I started thinking about expressions like "4+5*6", I could send them to the parser right? What's the best way to do so? (I know ways, but, whats the best, making it an equation?)
King Harold
Calc King

Post by King Harold »

I had the idea of stuffing a * in front of lines which couldn't be parsed/evaluated/compiled, but is that enough? Or should I put up a nice error message aswell?

note: still crashes, the cause is still unknown