Which calculator should I purchase?

A General Discussion forum for TI calculators

Moderator: MaxCoderz Staff

Madskillz
Calc Wizard

Post by Madskillz »

Greyscale is absolutely beautiful on my 84+ SE...I have never really had any screenglitches...other than games that the creator used their own copyroutines...but those are easy to fix I worked with GH testing his zDoom game and we fixed the screen problem. But like Comp said the screen fix by jim e should fix almost all problems that people have with the screen glitches!

Personally I love my 84+ SE, I owned an 83+ and the USB/space is what I really enjoy about it. Plus the greyscale looks amazing...I have seen/played stuff that others here havent even seen yet and trust me the 84+SE runs the greyscale way more smoothly than my 83+ ever did...
The Revolution is here...
chickendude
Extreme Poster

Post by chickendude »

...but is it any smoother than the 83+SE? I had one before and never had any issues with it. Hrm. I think I will just go for the 84+SE and purchase a backup 83+. I'm still weary about all the screen issues, it seems like a rather major deal to leave unrecognized by TI.

Eh..whatever. :)
CompWiz
Calc King

Post by CompWiz »

it's not really a big issue. If you get a calculator with a screen problem, just run the LCD fix program. However, only some of the 84+SE's are affected. The second one I got had no problems at all. You don't really need the backup 83+ either. I have a 83+ also, but I never use it. Just get an 84+SE cheap off of eBay, and save the rest of the money for something else. the 84+SE works great. :)
In Memory of the Maxcoderz Trophy Image
Madskillz
Calc Wizard

Post by Madskillz »

do what comp says you wont need the backup trust me...the screen issue isnt that big of a deal and there is a simple enough fix. who knows yours might be one that doesnt have any problems! :)
The Revolution is here...
chickendude
Extreme Poster

Post by chickendude »

Let's hope so!
tr1p1ea
Maxcoderz Staff

Post by tr1p1ea »

I suggest getting an 84+SE, if only for the USB :).

If you have screen problems, yeah just run Jim e's LCDFix and you should be right :).

Smash Bros looks great and runs fast on my 84+SE :D.
"My world is Black & White. But if I blink fast enough, I see it in Grayscale."