Spengo's Racing Game (Grand Theft Avocado)

A forum where you can announce your awesome project(s).

Moderator: MaxCoderz Staff

should I port?

leave at Ti-83+
56%
89 all the way!!!111
6%
how bout...both? >:)
38%

Total votes: 16

lecks
Extreme Poster

Post by lecks »

maybe they can make or there already is a cable that is female usb, and male i/o...
Spengo
Calc Master

Post by Spengo »

Well, sure, but still do you know how slow that would be? Definitely wouldn't work on an 83+ methinks.
bananas... o.o
lecks
Extreme Poster

Post by lecks »

well lets see how everybody else replies to this... i know it definitely wont work on any 83 model, but what about 84 silver??? ...nobody ever thinks about the 84si...
threefingeredguy
Calc King

Post by threefingeredguy »

i bought a 1 dollar female/female usb connector and it works

i didt black link usb connecter silver link and sent programs from calc to calc.

and also you can make round sound (think mario for nintendo) but i've never tried to make a chord before, let alone seperate lines for bass and treble. But you could play a game with sound effects. I made a basic game with sound effects.
Spengo
Calc Master

Post by Spengo »

But...this is an 83+ game. :) Although you could probably run it on an 84+, it is primarily meant for the ti-83+. Also, I do not own an 84+ to test any of that sort of thing on. :o Anyways, looks like the 83+ wins out. I will finish a z80 version. (whenever I get around to it) 8) If I want to make a 68k game, I'll learn how to use that FAT dll and port Dr. Snipe to ti89. :twisted:
bananas... o.o
Spengo
Calc Master

Post by Spengo »

Okays, teh evil beta v .000000000001 *warning: there is a very high probability that this will crash your calc. Use PTI or VTI or something!*
download

Now can someone help me a bit here? Did you notice that sometimes one of the cars will disappear halfway down the screen? Why is this happening? :puzzled: I can't figure it out. :( I still suck at this z80 assembly-ness. Of course, I haven't looked at it for months but whatever. :roll:

EDIT: oh yeah, how do I stop the poll thingy? :?
bananas... o.o
kalan_vod
Calc King

Post by kalan_vod »

Can't wait to try this out, and I'm happy your back on IT!!!!!! :wink:
kalan_vod
Calc King

Post by kalan_vod »

Sorry for db, I played it and its pretty good. I found one bug where I played it like 3 times and then when it came to the title screen I hit clear and it displayed the car on the title screen then it froze and ram cleared. It was with a ti 83 + 1.18. One thing I would suggest is how ever you are displaying the score and fuel you are displaying it pretty far, like halfway in the screen to the end of it.
CompWiz
Calc King

Post by CompWiz »

Spengo wrote:Actually, I severely doubt that a $500 PC could run Doom 3(at least not very well). I have no game consoles. If I had bought my PC from Dell or something, it would probably have been over $2000. However, I was ingenious and bought all the parts seperatly and plugged them in and booted it up. The whole thing costed around $1200. Just to show the power of getting the parts yourself as opposed to buying a pre-made one. The good thing about PC's is versatility. Most of the console games were made for PC also and there are many PC only games. PC's can also play all the old console games like n64 and stuff. You can do homework on PC's and You can program on PC's. You cannot do those things on a PS2. PC's can plug in a variety of tools and stuff and can run many applications. You can put cool gamez on your calculator via a PC. You can put all sorts of software on PC's that you cannot put on consoles. I don't think there is an X-Box version of Firefox either. Ergo, PC's are a good thing to spend some money on and everyone should be proud of their PC. Okay, I'm done ranting now. It's actually kind of weird. All of my friends who have multiple consoles have crappy PC's and all of my friends with no consoles have PC's that are as good as and better than mine. I wonder if it's connected or something. ANYWAYS gta(the real topic) is having problems with time now. I have crappy schedules in the beginning of the week. I have to go to archery and some other stuff. I barely have time to do the homework I'm supposed to be doing right now. :twisted:
I saw this and had to say something. You can get a computer for $500 that will play Doom 3, as long as you build it yourself. I looked this up about a week ago. I could post specs and prices if no one believes it.
In Memory of the Maxcoderz Trophy Image
Liazon
Calc Guru

Post by Liazon »

CompWiz wrote:
Spengo wrote:Actually, I severely doubt that a $500 PC could run Doom 3(at least not very well). I have no game consoles. If I had bought my PC from Dell or something, it would probably have been over $2000. However, I was ingenious and bought all the parts seperatly and plugged them in and booted it up. The whole thing costed around $1200. Just to show the power of getting the parts yourself as opposed to buying a pre-made one. The good thing about PC's is versatility. Most of the console games were made for PC also and there are many PC only games. PC's can also play all the old console games like n64 and stuff. You can do homework on PC's and You can program on PC's. You cannot do those things on a PS2. PC's can plug in a variety of tools and stuff and can run many applications. You can put cool gamez on your calculator via a PC. You can put all sorts of software on PC's that you cannot put on consoles. I don't think there is an X-Box version of Firefox either. Ergo, PC's are a good thing to spend some money on and everyone should be proud of their PC. Okay, I'm done ranting now. It's actually kind of weird. All of my friends who have multiple consoles have crappy PC's and all of my friends with no consoles have PC's that are as good as and better than mine. I wonder if it's connected or something. ANYWAYS gta(the real topic) is having problems with time now. I have crappy schedules in the beginning of the week. I have to go to archery and some other stuff. I barely have time to do the homework I'm supposed to be doing right now. :twisted:
I saw this and had to say something. You can get a computer for $500 that will play Doom 3, as long as you build it yourself. I looked this up about a week ago. I could post specs and prices if no one believes it.
Specs and price would be great. I'd like to know how cheap good parts can be.
Image Image Image
lloydkirk1989
Calc Wizard

Post by lloydkirk1989 »

Actually you can run firefox on Xbox.
CompWiz
Calc King

Post by CompWiz »

calcul831415 wrote:
CompWiz wrote: I saw this and had to say something. You can get a computer for $500 that will play Doom 3, as long as you build it yourself. I looked this up about a week ago. I could post specs and prices if no one believes it.
Specs and price would be great. I'd like to know how cheap good parts can be.
Tiger direct barebones kit(AMD 64 3700, Abit KU8 Motherboard with onboard 6 channel sound, and sata support, Diablo Black and Silver ATX Mid-Tower Case with 400 watt power supply, Masscool AMD Cooler Fan, Ultra brand 512MB PC3200 DDR 400MHz Memory, black keyboard, black and silver optical mouse with scroll wheel) for $289.99,
Windows XP Home for $59.99, HITACHI IDE CDRW INTERNAL 48X32X48X SILVER for $14.95,
Geforce FX 5700 256 MB graphics card for $65,
and a 160 gig hard drive from CompUSA or Best Buy or Office Depot for $39.99 or even $29.99(look in the adds, this is commonly offered. Usually at CompUSA).

Total price: $469.99

This computer would play Doom 3 very well. According to benchmarks, the 5700 can play Doom 3 on the ultra settings easily. The only thing you could improve is the amount of ram, and you can buy 512 mb for 19.99 from CompUSA when it's on sale, or, a couple of days ago TigerDirect was selling Ultra 3200 512 MB sticks of ram for only $9. You could get this and still stay under $500. Or, If you want speakers/headphones, you can definitely find some for under $30, and still stay on budget.

If you want even lower prices, wait until the day after thanksgiving. All the computer stores offer insane deals on that day, and you can get stuff for almost(or some times even) nothing. I would bet that officeMax would have a free cdrw drive, and compUSA might offer 512 mb RAM for $9. You do have to brave the crowds, though. Just watch the sales.
In Memory of the Maxcoderz Trophy Image
Spengo
Calc Master

Post by Spengo »

512MB RAM for $9?! Where do you shop! :shock: This is the wrong thread for this discussion methinks. How 'bout instead of discussing PC parts, someone tells me what stupid thing I did in GTA to make the cars disappear halfway down the screen sometimes? :)
bananas... o.o
threefingeredguy
Calc King

Post by threefingeredguy »

I want that!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! $9?!?!??!?!?!?!?!?!? Lucky.

Spengo: Can you determine what in the game happens before that? Is it after a certain amount of time or when a certain thing happens?
Spengo
Calc Master

Post by Spengo »

Supposedly, it checks the car's y position and when it is greater than 62 or whatever the car either stops existing or is placed at the top of the screen again.
bananas... o.o