Spengo's Racing Game (Grand Theft Avocado)

A forum where you can announce your awesome project(s).

Moderator: MaxCoderz Staff

should I port?

leave at Ti-83+
56%
89 all the way!!!111
6%
how bout...both? >:)
38%

Total votes: 16

Spengo
Calc Master

Post by Spengo »

Actually, I severely doubt that a $500 PC could run Doom 3(at least not very well). I have no game consoles. If I had bought my PC from Dell or something, it would probably have been over $2000. However, I was ingenious and bought all the parts seperatly and plugged them in and booted it up. The whole thing costed around $1200. Just to show the power of getting the parts yourself as opposed to buying a pre-made one. The good thing about PC's is versatility. Most of the console games were made for PC also and there are many PC only games. PC's can also play all the old console games like n64 and stuff. You can do homework on PC's and You can program on PC's. You cannot do those things on a PS2. PC's can plug in a variety of tools and stuff and can run many applications. You can put cool gamez on your calculator via a PC. You can put all sorts of software on PC's that you cannot put on consoles. I don't think there is an X-Box version of Firefox either. Ergo, PC's are a good thing to spend some money on and everyone should be proud of their PC. Okay, I'm done ranting now. It's actually kind of weird. All of my friends who have multiple consoles have crappy PC's and all of my friends with no consoles have PC's that are as good as and better than mine. I wonder if it's connected or something. ANYWAYS gta(the real topic) is having problems with time now. I have crappy schedules in the beginning of the week. I have to go to archery and some other stuff. I barely have time to do the homework I'm supposed to be doing right now. :twisted:
bananas... o.o
necro
Calc King

Post by necro »

Linux+Xbox=cheaper than what you bought...for people on fixed (very limmited) incomes, computers are riddiculously expensive for gaming...but when you can get games like God Of War and RE4 ONLY on cosoles, you might as well buy all three every five years as oposed to buying a new thousand dollar pc every 2-3 years
Andy_J
Calc Master

Post by Andy_J »

Of the three current consoles, I do NOT want a GameCube. There are plenty of games for it I'd play (mainly the Zelda games), but I will NOT buy something with a proprietary drive... I only have a PS2 right now, and that's the first console I've had since my Atari 2600... As for handhelds, I have a GBp... The PSP looks cool and all, but I think the asking price is WAY too high... That's almost as much as the PS2 was when it came out. As for the DS, it looks nice and all, but it can't play my GB games, or any GBC games I might acquire... So if I do get another one, I might just get a GBA SP... idk... </rant>
ImageImage
necro
Calc King

Post by necro »

GBC and GB games are that important to you that you won't buy a sytem with much better games? What is your problem with the mini-disc, it was put there to prevent pirating (unless your to cheap to actualy buy the games) and didn't Game Boy have a propriotory drive? NES, SNES, Sega Genisis, Turbo Grafix, Sega Master System, all the Ataris, Collico Vision...need I go on...they ALL had proprietory formats...psp uses proprietory Memory Stick Duo format...ect. If nintendo didn't use the proprietory format they would have had to pay $20 more on every game cube they produced
Last edited by necro on Thu 12 May, 2005 7:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Patori
Maxcoderz Staff

Post by Patori »

racing game? What about, oh, this is a console war forum
Currently coming up with a new signature idea... since my forum avatar changer was killed by an upgrade...
Spengo
Calc Master

Post by Spengo »

Yes racing games are very cool. You know what the best console is? *cough*ti-83+*cough* ahem, and the best kind of racing games are ones where you steal avocados and escape police cars of course. Especially if they are for my favorite console. :cowboy:
bananas... o.o
Andy_J
Calc Master

Post by Andy_J »

I have 15 gameboy games and I'd want to be able to play then on any new system I buy. As for the mini drive in th NGC, I don't pirate games. I might download it to try it out, but if I like it I buy it. (And most of the ones I download are actual demos anyway.) I'm talking about using it as a CD or DVD player, which both the PS2 and XBox can do (though the XBox does need "extra hardware" to do so). Anything else is just a stupid waste. Granted, the NGC is cheaper, but it's not worth it imo. As for the PSP, well, it's just too damn expensive.
necro wrote:If nintendo didn't use the proprietory format they would have had to pay $20 more on every game cube they produced
And that would have raised the price by $20 to $219 instead of $199... PS2 and XBox were both $299 when they came out, so the NGC would have been able to play DVDs and still be a lot cheaper than them.
ImageImage
Patori
Maxcoderz Staff

Post by Patori »

the question is... microsoft has deals with lots a companies to manufacture... sony manufactures parts for itself... what does nintendo do?
Currently coming up with a new signature idea... since my forum avatar changer was killed by an upgrade...
Spengo
Calc Master

Post by Spengo »

Hey, guess what! I worked on this again today. :D Just showing that it isn't dead or anything, just sort of on "pause" whilst I code away on Dr. Snipe 2. 8)
bananas... o.o
kalan_vod
Calc King

Post by kalan_vod »

Spengo wrote:Hey, guess what! I worked on this again today. :D Just showing that it isn't dead or anything, just sort of on "pause" whilst I code away on Dr. Snipe 2. 8)
all your projects are great :D, i should start one....
Spengo
Calc Master

Post by Spengo »

I just got an 89 titanium and donated my 83+ to my little froshy brother. Should I finish an 83+ version? Port it to 89? Or attempt to do both?
bananas... o.o
ISUCK
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by ISUCK »

since most of us don't have a 89, finish da 83+ version :P :P XP
lecks
Extreme Poster

idea

Post by lecks »

i have an idea for the game.

go to

http://www.lexar.com/mp3/jd_music.html

since a usb jump drive has already been connected to a calculator by usb8x

( http://www.ticalc.org/archives/news/art ... 30297.html ),

maybe you can make your game, with music as mp3s, and we download those along with the game, then connect the jump drive into the calculator and put ear phones in the usb mp3 and have syncronized gaming& music. it could work... and if it does there is a new future of calculator gaming, and your game may have the honors of being the first!

i cant wait to see how this turns out, if you complete it.

i know it's kinda costly for the mp3 usb, and many people already have an mp3 anyway, so this may seem like a waste of ca$h, but this may be revolutionary.. and there are already some music programs on calculators anyway. this could be possible!

(i know i may seem like a noob, but i have been on the scene for a while, just never bothered to create a file cause i was lazy... and im antisocial)
Spengo
Calc Master

Post by Spengo »

But, the 83+ doesn't have a usb port. All it's got is a serial port. :?
bananas... o.o
lecks
Extreme Poster

Post by lecks »

well this could work for the 84 series... sorry, but this is a great idea.. come on.. you know it... come on...
Last edited by lecks on Fri 21 Oct, 2005 3:51 am, edited 1 time in total.