IGo - The Go Game For Your Calculator!

A forum where you can announce your awesome project(s).

Moderator: MaxCoderz Staff

Patori
Maxcoderz Staff

Post by Patori »

Bram: If you need help; ive been working on an SGF Editor...

Too bad you didnt try for 19x19 boards... with GS I bet it might look nice...

I'm guessing AI for this can be about 25k...

>goes back to Go... 22k, YAY! Go club this friday! I get to play with a 2dan!!<
Currently coming up with a new signature idea... since my forum avatar changer was killed by an upgrade...
elfprince13
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by elfprince13 »

thats awesome. My dads friend who is a go player arranged for the top woman Go player in the world to come to the college. Then the college people forgot to tell the vermont Go association about it and they had a tournament that day....
the_unknown_one
Calc Master

Post by the_unknown_one »

Patori: I was thinking about asking you if i could incorporate the SGF editor... Well, i'd LOVE to include 19x19 boards, but it'd have to be with scrolling... It wouldn't be practical... But I might include it later when the main engine is completed and I want to add it... And umm, 22k? Official or not? If it's not official, then you're joking, cause i'm about 20k now. And yay, today go club, and sunday beginner tournament! :) Wow, 2 dan, lucky bastard... We have a 2 dan in our club but i haven't played him yet, I should...

elfprince13: LOL XD
tr1p1ea
Maxcoderz Staff

Post by tr1p1ea »

You mean that you will need ~20k of code just for the AI in this game?

Thats a fair bit!
"My world is Black & White. But if I blink fast enough, I see it in Grayscale."
CDI
Maxcoderz Staff

Post by CDI »

Well, he can always call it from the ROM, or break it up into a few chunks (I coulda sworn you could read the ROM in ASM... I used to know the command for it too)
ImageImage
benryves
Maxcoderz Staff

Post by benryves »

The XXk is a Go rating, as far as I know, not the kilobyte we know and love. :)
Patori
Maxcoderz Staff

Post by Patori »

k = kyu

the rankings go from 30kyu to 1 kyu... 1 kyu being strongest.

After 1 kyu are called "Shodan." 1 dan to 9 dan. Dans are usually professional players. The title of 10 dan is reserved for a tournament's winner...

These ratings vary from Association to Association... For instance, a korean 3kyu is about a japanese 3dan...

American and European rating scales are weaker than the asian rating systems. AGA seems to be the weakest. For my rating, I was using a rating system developed for a Go playing server (www.kiseido.com)... It says that I am 22k... However, in real life, I can play and win with a handicap of 2 against a AGA rated 10kyu... which means I am likely somewhere between 12kyu and 16kyu... According to people I have played too, I play at about 12kyu...

Bram: What about 3x3 stones? ^^ In greyscale it may look better than in black and white...

If you would like help with AI, I have been working on "Satoribot," a Go robot, and I am getting the concepts of Go AI...
Currently coming up with a new signature idea... since my forum avatar changer was killed by an upgrade...
the_unknown_one
Calc Master

No, with XXk I did NOT mean size of a program but ratings... And Patori, the KGS rating is usually a few stones "lower" (lower k) than your real rating... And I'm sure you're higher than me, so you must be +/- 15k, though I don't know for sure what exactly... We should play again sometime (a full game) to see, eh? And 3x3 stones wouldn't work for SURE. And I could use help with the AI, but at the moment i'm focusing on other stuff, i'll get back to you about that later, m'kay?
Patori
Maxcoderz Staff

Post by Patori »

Just trying to prove that a 19x19 can fit on the TI83+'s Screen.

Sure, the stones dont look that pretty... but this was the basic scheme behind my TIGoban... unfortunately, mine only used 3 levels of greyscale...

4 would look nicer.

And Bram, I already know that. But, I feel as though the KGS system is a fair representation of my ability... considering the fact that it is tougher than AGA's system... I think PandaNet is a bit easier...
tr1p1ea
Maxcoderz Staff

Post by tr1p1ea »

Ahhh ok, i was trying to decide whether or not you were talking about some kind of Go rating or code size :).

That 19x19 board should be acceptable Patori.
"My world is Black & White. But if I blink fast enough, I see it in Grayscale."
elfprince13
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by elfprince13 »

personally, I think the ones with fewer intersections look better.
Patori
Maxcoderz Staff

Post by Patori »

elfprince: yes, but those games are beginner games... and although they are fun... they aren't that deep...

And for reasons why Go AI is so hard to code: http://query.nytimes.com/gst/fullpage.h ... A961958260

^^

Back down to 24k... how'd THAT happen... and least I know that my game has improved...
elfprince13
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by elfprince13 »

I know they are for beginners. I usually play on 19*19. If you are doing AI, you might want to do the smaller board....or have 2 player be a larger board.
the_unknown_one
Calc Master

Patori: Well yes, that could work, but it'd have very small stones and be hard to see... I'm not sure if it could be decipherable when you already have placed lots of stones on the boad... And yes, 19x19 are standard games, 9x9 and 13x13 are "practice" games. Not beginner, because lots of good players still play those too. AI is easier on a smaller board...
Back down to 24k... how'd THAT happen... and least I know that my game has improved... -> what do you mean by that? :s
Timendus
Calc King

Post by Timendus »

AI is easier on a smaller board
Well, not really... AI would be faster on smaller boards, but it's still pretty impossible to get a decent player in a z80 processor ;)
http://clap.timendus.com/ - The Calculator Link Alternative Protocol
http://api.timendus.com/ - Make your life easier, leave the coding to the API
http://vera.timendus.com/ - The calc lover's OS