Morrowind distant views

Feel like posting Off Topic? Do it here.

Moderator: MaxCoderz Staff

DarkAuron
Maxcoderz Staff

Morrowind distant views

Post by DarkAuron »

These shots are of places in Morrowind with the distance values jacked up really high for some amazing looking scenes. Those of you who have never played or even seen the Elder Scrolls series might be able to appreciate and get interested in the beauty of the game, and those of you who have played before will appreciate it even more.

Clicky!
[Gridwars Score] - E: 1860037 M: 716641 H: 261194
threefingeredguy
Calc King

Post by threefingeredguy »

Morrowind is the 2nd best game in existance. Oblivion is the best game in existence. Since the are both Elder Scrolls (3 and 4) that means Bethseda Softworks is awesome. I'll find that screenshot I took of a dreugh and a slaughterfish that somehow spawned half in a rock, half in the air, not very close to water. And the tower of Her-Hand equipment my friend built when he killed that goddess, what was her name? Adamantia or something. One of the 3. Oh man, I was so excited when I found out Vivec was still alive.
Patori
Maxcoderz Staff

Post by Patori »

omg. that is beautiful....

I love morrowind. I play it as much as I work....

too bad I'm only a 35 breton... heh.

I love cleaning out my xbox:

Morrowind Saves: 481

.... I make sure to save my game often; in a new file each time...
Currently coming up with a new signature idea... since my forum avatar changer was killed by an upgrade...
threefingeredguy
Calc King

Whoa, you're a Breton? I hope you only do magic, those guys suck at physical.

I have 3 guys that I use to explore different areas. A Breton with high destruction and conjuration, a Dunmer assassin, and a redguard with high long blade and heavy armor. All of my guys have high sneak and security since my favorite part of the game is being a theif. So I steal a whole bunch of crap. And if you like, I found a place in Vivec when I was level 1 that is chock full of glass and ebony armor and weapons, plus a bunch of gold, and is really easy to get if you have 10 minutes to spare. It is really easy. If you are strong, there is a guy wearing a full set of glass armor in a cave in northern solstheim and he is relatively easy to kill.
DarkAuron
Maxcoderz Staff

Post by DarkAuron »

Psh, solthsiem has lots of places with orcs and dark elves that all have at least one piece of glass armor :P Very difficult to fend off when theres a bunch of them, especially if they start casting spells on you.
[Gridwars Score] - E: 1860037 M: 716641 H: 261194
threefingeredguy
Calc King

That's why I went back to the mainland and did the Morag Tong and Theive's Guild quests. And enough of the storyline to become immune to disease.

Does anyone know of someone who will teach levitate? I want to get some boots enchanted with like, 100 levitate and I have the money, I just need to know the spell so I can enchant the boots. That would make pretty much eveything easier.
Patori
Maxcoderz Staff

Post by Patori »

hehe 100 levitate... that would be fun.

I have a Drough shield that i enchanted with the grand soul gem I stole from the mage guild in balmora (during one of ajira's quests)... it has 10 levitate, but enough charges.... i can picture flying around at 100 levitate as fun though...
Currently coming up with a new signature idea... since my forum avatar changer was killed by an upgrade...
Arcane WIzard
Calc Guru

Post by Arcane WIzard »

There's that morrowind tweak utility that you can use to automatically/dynamically adjust your view range to your fps (further if fps is higher) which is pretty nice. Never seen it that far.

Great game, gonna install it again now. = my free time for the coming weeks is screwed. ^_^
Patori
Maxcoderz Staff

Post by Patori »

I'm playing the Xbox version... what are the system specs for the PC version? I have a rather slow computer....
Arcane WIzard
Calc Guru

Post by Arcane WIzard »

I used to play it on my P3..

P3 500mhz
128mb RAM
16mb TNT2 graphics card
20GB HD

But it had to load for a minute every couple of minutes, fps was decent most of the time, especially with that tweak utility. I suggesst having the above but with 256mb (or more) RAM and a 32mb vid card, maybe Geforce1/comparable or better. GF2 TI or better recommended by moi.

I can play on my laptop with everything at max:

1.4Ghz P Mobile (~2.4Ghz P4) 512kb cache
512MB RAM (400MHZ)
Intel Extreme Graphics 2 - 32MB VRAM + 32 MB shared RAM
40GB 4500RPM HD

FPS is always reasonable, great indoors, only loading when going inside buildings, which is near instant.

So it's easily playable if your system is in good shape (no bs programs running).
kalan_vod
Calc King

Post by kalan_vod »

I enjoyed looking at Skaal Village day, Sadrith Mora, Ebonheart and Vivec, and Shrine of Azura. I never played the game is it a MMORPG (something like that)?
coelurus
Calc Wizard

Post by coelurus »

Along comes a boring fellow to express his pessimistic feelings about this game:

I fired it up once with a ti4400 and seeing it lagging without any remarkable graphics fidelity for the time just after its release, I uninstalled it. I might try it now that I got a new PC and all, but another strong reason I did not play very far is because of the theme: elves, orcs, magic galore, trolls farting smelly gases which pseudorandomly affects one's attributes accurately or whatever. It's a personal matter I will never overcome; I don't like the thing in whole. I wouldn't mind a nicely crafted fantasy RPG with a happy, free feeling, but as it is right now, games like Morrowind feel somewhat pale.

It is probably the best of its kind, I'll give that, but that's it :) Personally, I've seen more intersting screenshots (remember I got this brain-thingie which makes me favor tech).
Kerey

Post by Kerey »

Bethesda is hiring now for their RPG group. I almost applied, but never got around to organizing a portfolio before I got another job. Plus it would have been submitting to a bottomless resume pit since I don't have any contacts there and wasn't about to drive to Maryland while at school.

I never did finish Morrowind... good game though.
threefingeredguy
Calc King

kalan_vod wrote:I enjoyed looking at Skaal Village day, Sadrith Mora, Ebonheart and Vivec, and Shrine of Azura. I never played the game is it a MMORPG (something like that)?
It's actually got no multiplayer at all, but you don't miss it. I have over 300 hours of gameplay, but I've got about 3% done. But you can also beat it quickly.

DA: I was finally able to load those pictures (I was at school before and it blocked them). THOSE ARE AWESOME! And I can tell from the lit up rocks in the Frostmoth pictures that he has done at least part of the Bloodmoon quests.

Patori: I've never even HEARD of enchanting with a grand soul gem, how do you do it. By the way, if you are a light armor guy, get the glass tower shield from the Redoran vaults in vivec (if you try it I can walk you through it so you steal about 4 million dollars worth of stuff without getting caught). Arg, I really want 100 levitate constant effect!

Hey guys, wanna see something funny? Open the console and type "coc solstheim" without the quotes. And do correct spelling, I don't know if I did it right. Anyway, back up for a bit and you will see a freaky statue.
Patori
Maxcoderz Staff

Post by Patori »

threefingeredguy wrote: Patori: I've never even HEARD of enchanting with a grand soul gem, how do you do it. By the way, if you are a light armor guy, get the glass tower shield from the Redoran vaults in vivec (if you try it I can walk you through it so you steal about 4 million dollars worth of stuff without getting caught). Arg, I really want 100 levitate constant effect!
Ok. when you are doing the second or third mage guild quest, the one where you are told to place a "fake soul gem" into a desk upstairs. At this point it is very, and I mean VERY easy to steal all of the gems on the table. One of these is a grand soul gem... worth 60000.

Anyways, on the XBox version, select the soul gem, and an enchant menu will come up.

Unfortunately, enchanting requires a high level of Enchant skill.

It was pure dumb luck that I was able to enchant a fire sword (100 fire damage on strike)... I wanted to use the gems, because no stores could buy the expensive gems...