Racecar II; The need to race Beta Download

A forum where you can announce your awesome project(s).

Moderator: MaxCoderz Staff

merthsoft
Extreme Poster

Post by merthsoft »

BasicBuilder slows it all down, too...
Shaun
ninja_master

Post by ninja_master »

I've got new greyscale pics. is you want to see them e-mail me at mark_55_4@yahoo.com, and I will send them to you. I have no other way of posting them. They'll be sent in as a stand-alone program in asm.
Wright Studios.org the place for calculator graphics.
lecks
Extreme Poster

Post by lecks »

lol i realized that the rigview image sync doesnt sync with your calculator, but actually with your eyes. yea ive noticed some peples eyes see at a different rate than others, but its very un noticable because we all see extremely fast. my brother was trying to view my calc and he was saying it was flickering and when i looked at it was not. hehe so that means we all see slower or faster than someone else.
CompWiz
Calc King

Post by CompWiz »

lecks wrote:lol i realized that the rigview image sync doesnt sync with your calculator, but actually with your eyes. yea ive noticed some peples eyes see at a different rate than others, but its very un noticable because we all see extremely fast. my brother was trying to view my calc and he was saying it was flickering and when i looked at it was not. hehe so that means we all see slower or faster than someone else.
is that like the "fast eyes" thing discussed here(I think) a little while ago? Like some people(like me) can see computer screens flicker at lower refresh rates, but others can't?
Last edited by CompWiz on Mon 02 Jan, 2006 7:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
In Memory of the Maxcoderz Trophy Image
dysfunction
Calc Master

Post by dysfunction »

Also, different calcs have different sync rates. There's not much variation between calcs of the same model, but there is some significant variation between different models. I find that 128 or 192 work best for regular 83+, at least for mine, but you would have to experiment to discover the best setting for 83+ SE and 84+/SE.

"You're very clever, young man, but it's turtles all the way down!"
lecks
Extreme Poster

Post by lecks »

havent looked at my calc's rigview in a while and then i looked at it this morning and its still 231. does that mean your eyes dont change?
ninja_master

Post by ninja_master »

lecks wrote:lol i realized that the rigview image sync doesnt sync with your calculator, but actually with your eyes. yea ive noticed some peples eyes see at a different rate than others, but its very un noticable because we all see extremely fast. my brother was trying to view my calc and he was saying it was flickering and when i looked at it was not. hehe so that means we all see slower or faster than someone else.
Thats cool, I didn't know that. Maybe I should make one pic for the 84+ and one for the 83+, and find the best results for both of them. For 84+si it is about 230. I didn't test it on any other calcs.
kalan_vod
Calc King

Post by kalan_vod »

Just to let you know with xlib you can test which calc is being used and from there change the sync rate.
ninja_master

Post by ninja_master »

Is that with ver .6? or if its not then what is the syntax cause it doesn't say it the readme on the forum. Also my comp went a little haywire :o and I lost some software :( I got all of it back but TI graph link. When I was looking on the site I could not find it anywhere on the internet. If anyone can tell me where it is I would be very happy.
merthsoft
Extreme Poster

Post by merthsoft »

xLIB ReadMe wrote:11 - GetCalcVersion
-------------------
usage: real(11

Returns a code in the ANS variable which will tell you what calc version you are running.

83+ = 0
83+ SE = 1
84+ = 2
84+ SE = 3
There it is...
Shaun
dysfunction
Calc Master

Post by dysfunction »

That doesn't help however, since you can't change the sync rate of standalone rigview images on the calc.

"You're very clever, young man, but it's turtles all the way down!"
ninja_master

Post by ninja_master »

I can just make it pick the right one in the install program. It will just find the calc version then pick with picture to use.

I really need xlib .6 because I need all of the functions that come with it.

An update;

I made the racing part of the game to go from 2 f/s on 84+si to about 3 f/s on 84+si. Hoping to make it go faster. Til it explodes :insane: lol.
CompWiz
Calc King

Post by CompWiz »

I checked on the TI website. It seems that graphlink software is no longer available. You can download ti-connect though.

If you need graphlink I can send it to you.
In Memory of the Maxcoderz Trophy Image
ninja_master

Post by ninja_master »

Thanks but I found it on my comp hidden away in some zip file. :) I wonder why they stoped downloading it?
lecks
Extreme Poster

Post by lecks »

i dont think you have to worry about syncing it for us... im pretty sure we're able to sync the screenshot if its not right..