Sudoku BASIC

A forum where you can announce your awesome project(s).

Moderator: MaxCoderz Staff

Liazon
Calc Guru

Post by Liazon »

you could definitely use HEX and do 16 4x4 squares. That'd kill my fead probably.
Image Image Image
ssartell

Post by ssartell »

Ok so here's a test run. Let me know if you guys see anything wrong. There's no medium puzzle so just try out easy and hard. If you find any bugs let me know. The final will have more base puzzles (maybe 2 or 3 for each lvl) and it'll just be one program.

https://netfiles.uiuc.edu/ssartell/SUDO ... niq=smv90d
https://netfiles.uiuc.edu/ssartell/SUDP ... niq=smv90j

Let me know what you think. Oh yeah a be warned. It uses matrices H, I, J, and pic 0 to save.
kalan_vod
Calc King

Post by kalan_vod »

Cool, any instructions for playing the game? :P I will try this when I get home.
ssartell

Post by ssartell »

they are included.

This may be off topic but I'll ask here instead of starting a new thread. I was thinking about doing some asm work now that I actually know a thing or two about computers, but for some reason I can get VTI to work. I do the ROM dump but it won't run anything. I just get a calculator on the screen with nothing working. Anyone?
benryves
Maxcoderz Staff

Post by benryves »

ssartell wrote:This may be off topic but I'll ask here instead of starting a new thread. I was thinking about doing some asm work now that I actually know a thing or two about computers, but for some reason I can get VTI to work. I do the ROM dump but it won't run anything. I just get a calculator on the screen with nothing working. Anyone?
VTI only works with OS versions 1.12 and earlier (1.13 and above will not work). I suggest you use PindurTI (see the Featured Projects section) instead.
kalan_vod
Calc King

Post by kalan_vod »

Try Pindurti and see if your rom is valiad.
ssartell

Post by ssartell »

I'm getting a blank screen on this one too.
kalan_vod
Calc King

Post by kalan_vod »

ssartell wrote:I'm getting a blank screen on this one too.
Did you follow the readme? Just drag and drop the rom, give it a second and then just click onto the screen. If the doesn't work you need to resend the rom from your calc.
ssartell

Post by ssartell »

Yeah I did that and I get nothing. Is there some other way to get the ROM image off your calc other than VTI?
threefingeredguy
Calc King

Post by threefingeredguy »

There's a aprogram on ticalc.org called rom dump or rom dumper or something like that.
kalan_vod
Calc King

Post by kalan_vod »

threefingeredguy wrote:There's a aprogram on ticalc.org called rom dump or rom dumper or something like that.
Which most of us can't get to work :(.
katmaster
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by katmaster »

Yeah, I have that ROM dump problem, too. Stupid ROMS :)

[on topic] Your Sudoku game ROCKS!!! Great speed for BASIC! Does it create random sudokus or is it set ones? Also, any plans for porting to ASM? [/on topic]
cheese=yum
ssartell

Post by ssartell »

Well I don't know Z80 asm at the moment but I'm trying to learn. I have a decent knowledge of pretty general asm and hardware too so I'll just need to figure out the Z80 specifics. If I can do that and have the motivation, I might, but like you said, the speed is good so there might not be enough benefits to make me want to port it.

Yeah the puzzles are based off of (at the moment just 1 med and 1 hard) set puzzles. Then the program does legal transformations on the set ones to create TONS of different puzzles. For the final I plan on throwing in 2-3 base puzzles for each setting so there are even more puzzles.

There's no symmetry in the transformed puzzles like some people like, but they all still only have one unique solution that can be solved with logic alone.
dragon__lance

Post by dragon__lance »

for the rom problem, try rom8x at ticalc.org, then download Tilem and use that, thats wat i did :P
gangsta
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by gangsta »

use PINDUR!