Advanced Tactics

A forum where you can announce your awesome project(s).

Moderator: MaxCoderz Staff

currahee
Calc Wizard

Post by currahee »

Yeah yeah xLib xLib, though it still wont change the fact that the 83+ version might not include a campaign.

This is because the sprites take up an insane amount of space.

Or maybe it's just because I despise the Black Edition now :) all those painful memories of running at 6MHz.. (cries)

oh COMMON *grabs gun, takes TI Connectivity Kit CD out back, puts gun back away remembering guns are illegal in Korea and are not even carried by the police, gets out firecrackers, lights firecrackers, throws em at CD*
"Not long ago, the Black Gate of Armonk swung open. The lights went out, my skin crawled, and dogs began to howl. I asked my neighbor what it was and he said, 'Those are the nazgul. Once they were human, now they are IBM's lawyers.'"
CompWiz
Calc King

Post by CompWiz »

Timendus wrote:
CompWiz wrote:True. Actually, "regular school use" in my school includes gaming. It's pretty common. However, 83+'s do that just fine, only 83's would have a problem.
Why? I've never had any trouble... :)
83 = 83+ minus archive, it's not like it is a totally different calculator...
That means no apps and only one program on at a time. Also, if the game uses levels, there would be a limit to how many levls you can have on at the same time. I would think it would be a pain to have to connect to the computer and run ticonnect(or some other transfer program) every time you wanted to use a different program, or even use a different level. In fact, I don't think that you could even have all the inluded original acelgoyobis levels on your calc with the game.
In Memory of the Maxcoderz Trophy Image
Timendus
Calc King

Post by Timendus »

Dude, it's a calculator :P It's supposed to have some hard to overcome limitations compared to a handheld game console. That's what makes it fun to code for it :) Having "oodles of memory", as Ben once put ;), is far from neccessary for most games and programs.
And anyway, I don't use my calc for anything other than math tests anymore. I just pull out Pindur when I want to try something.
http://clap.timendus.com/ - The Calculator Link Alternative Protocol
http://api.timendus.com/ - Make your life easier, leave the coding to the API
http://vera.timendus.com/ - The calc lover's OS
DarkerLine
Calc Wizard

Post by DarkerLine »

CompWiz wrote:That means no apps and only one program on at a time. Also, if the game uses levels, there would be a limit to how many levls you can have on at the same time.
You exaggerate, not all programs are huge and take up all of RAM... most don't in fact.
just try to be nice to people.

Post by currahee »

Timendus wrote:Dude, it's a calculator :P It's supposed to have some hard to overcome limitations compared to a handheld game console. That's what makes it fun to code for it :) Having "oodles of memory", as Ben once put ;), is far from neccessary for most games and programs.
And anyway, I don't use my calc for anything other than math tests anymore. I just pull out Pindur when I want to try something.
! :shock: blasphemy! :P
"Not long ago, the Black Gate of Armonk swung open. The lights went out, my skin crawled, and dogs began to howl. I asked my neighbor what it was and he said, 'Those are the nazgul. Once they were human, now they are IBM's lawyers.'"
DJ_O
Calc King

Post by DJ_O »

any progress?
Image Image Image Now active at https://discord.gg/cuZcfcF (CodeWalrus server)
CompWiz
Calc King

Post by CompWiz »

xlibman wrote:any progress?
Hmm, I seem to remember seeing this somewhere else, perhaps all the rest of the project threads? :P :lol:
In Memory of the Maxcoderz Trophy Image
kalan_vod
Calc King

Post by kalan_vod »

CompWiz wrote:
Hmm, I seem to remember seeing this somewhere else, perhaps all the rest of the project threads? :P :lol:
Do we need to make this topic anymore ot?
dysfunction
Calc Master

Post by dysfunction »

CompWiz wrote:
Kevin always does that with all the inactive projects...

"You're very clever, young man, but it's turtles all the way down!"
necro
Calc King

Post by necro »

any progress?
threefingeredguy
Calc King

Post by threefingeredguy »

I was about to revive this myself.
DJ_O
Calc King

Post by DJ_O »

dysfunction wrote:
CompWiz wrote:
Kevin always does that with all the inactive projects...
At least I dont do it every week and I only did the first page so far wait until I do it in the rest of the project pages :twisted:
currahee
Calc Wizard

Post by currahee »

A bit of progress. TI-Connect is giving me so many headaches right now so i'll have to finish importing all the sprites later on at the end of the development unfortunately.
I've completed unit databases and how the map system is going to work. The map system of course will need a tweak once this sunva bizzitch starts to actually WORK.
The biggest problem right now is with AI. I don't think it's much of a game when the AI starts to attack itself do you?

Oh and I want to ask you guys something. Do you want unit animations when a unit is attacking?
DJ_O
Calc King

Post by DJ_O »

If you have the space go for unit animations, the new xLIB allow to run prgms off the archives and there is a small animation studio prgm at omnimaga archives that make animations (altough its 8x8 or something like this)
kalan_vod
Calc King

Post by kalan_vod »

Animations would be nice, but not really neeed. If you could just have it doing an attack animation (like a gun bullet). Btw I am happy you are still here!