Stealth-Cancelled

A forum where you can announce your awesome project(s).

Moderator: MaxCoderz Staff

CompWiz
Calc King

Post by CompWiz »

thecheat wrote:I'll check it out, I can't find my cable for the moment... but, I've fortunatly got a ti-rom from someone and have vti working.
not pindurTI? :cry:
In Memory of the Maxcoderz Trophy Image
Floodkiller
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by Floodkiller »

sorry, my project kinda got deleted due to inactiveness

but there is worse news than just that :cry:

My calc got crashed horribly. I, being careless, accidently tried to group a archived program when i was modifying it, and now my calc wont even turn on, just displays a ram cleared, then flickers out. If you guys know how to solve this, please tell me, i already asked TI and their restart procedures didnt work :( not only that, but I had also finished off Mission 1 of it as well, but didnt get it online in time either. The only good news is that i did send a zip file of Missions 0 and 1 to calcgames.org, but i still havent seen it added yet, and im starting to think it got rejected.

If I cant find out how to get my TI-84+ Silver to work, not only do I lose Missions 0,1, and 2 (was in progress) but i cant transfer anymore to the internet. I sure for god hope that I can solve this
Floodkiller
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by Floodkiller »

Great news! :D

after messing with my calculator for a month straight, i finally tricked it and windows into installing a new operating system onto it. now that the problem is solved, all i have to do is reprogram the parts of all the stuff i lost in mission 1 so i can put it online for you guys.

Edit: i had too much exaggeration, but thats how long it felt, the real total is in there now :)
Last edited by Floodkiller on Fri 31 Mar, 2006 4:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
kalan_vod
Calc King

Post by kalan_vod »

Great! I hope this speeds things up!
Floodkiller
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by Floodkiller »

even better news!

Mission 1 will be ready soon enough, ive just finished all of the floor planning and some of the screens, and i should have it done sometime this weekend! :D.

Also, ive modified a little bit of Mission 0 to decrease its size, i think like by maybe a thousand bytes over the whole mission :)

I also deep searched my calc and found what appears to be a Mission 2 that I completely forgot I was working on. This looks to be almost done, and with a few touch ups, this could be even ANOTHER mission to add to this pack when i put it in.

Im sure that the only bad news that can happen is that the first boss is kinda more of a laugh, and actually can end up killing itself in 5 seconds if it hits a certain area of the screen. The only good news about that is it is random, and wont happen every time. I hope.
Main Projects:
Zombie Attack: 20%

Side Projects:
???-25%

Staff member of Hikaru Rakuen Programming.
kalan_vod
Calc King

Post by kalan_vod »

Sweet! I hope you get this finished soon as I can't wait! Sounds cool that you found the mission 2 and optimizing the first one. Can you do me a favor? Make a back up of the game!! (don't want you to lose your work :P). Btw if you need any help or opimizations just ask.
Floodkiller
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by Floodkiller »

actually, i could use some help with the boss so he doesnt randomly get himself into a mess, and it will make him more challenging...

How do you get a A.I. to "chase" after the player, like in some other games that I have seen? I still haven't figured it out, and im sure it would make the first boss less of a joke
Main Projects:

Side Projects:
???-25%

kalan_vod
Calc King

Post by kalan_vod »

Well not being given the conditions I could do this:

Code: Select all

E+(A>E)-(A<E->E
F+(B>F)-(B<F->F
Assuming that A and B are the cords of your char. and E(Y),F(X) being the enemies.
Floodkiller
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by Floodkiller »

sorry i wasnt more specific, for now i see that i didnt make sense of your info because of that

Here is the details:

lets say that Steve (X,Y) is battling the boss (A,B). Right now, I have Boss using a random number generator to determing what of 1 of 8 directions he moves to. Instead, I need Boss to move in the direction of Steve, and I need him to move accordingly that if Steve is above and to the left of him, he moves in up and left, if Steve is to the right of him, he moves directly right, etc...

Is this enough conditions for you? cause when I tried what you gave me, the game decided that Boss immeadiately lands on Steve, thus game over.
Main Projects:

Side Projects:
???-25%

kalan_vod
Calc King

Post by kalan_vod »

Well I don't know if you are having a pause within the game (waiting for a key to be pressed). But it sounds like it went too fast for you, you could do.

Code: Select all

If randInt(0,1
Then
A+(Y>E)-(Y<A->A
B+(X>B)-(X<B->B
End
So it would have a 50% chance of moving, and once it moves it would go in the direction of "Steve".
Floodkiller
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by Floodkiller »

ok, ill start with the bad news...

I overestimated my ability to code the remainder of mission 1, and i also lost the floor plan for mission 2, so that will take awhile to remap. Thus, i could not get you stealth for download on the forums this weekend.

good news

I should have enough spare time in school to finish up mission 1 for you guys tomorrow, so i guess thats good enough.

Edit: kalan, i tried using your coding, but still didnt work, so instead i used a less efficient version of your coding to enable the boss to chase. Your name will still be in the credits, cause i still wouldnt have understood it without looking at your coding.
Main Projects:

Side Projects:
???-25%

kalan_vod
Calc King

Post by kalan_vod »

Sorry that my code didn't work for you, idk why it doesn't. If you want to post some code or pm me it I can take a look at it. Glad that you are still going to work on this, and if you need help just ask! :P
Floodkiller
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by Floodkiller »

ok, mission 1 plus modified mission 0 will be up for download after I get out of school. I think I got all the bugs, but if I didnt, please post and tell me so I can make revisions. The only unsolvable bug right now that I can't find a solution to is Save Points. Right now, I have it so if you die or get caught, it's game over and you start over from beginning of area. This can get quite flustrating if you keep losing at one specific point. If you have any solutions to this, please post them, as I want the player to not be as flustrated if they die.

Because A) I lost the floor plans for Mission 2 and B) It was looking like a filler mission, ive decided to make another Mission 2 from scratch. This next mission will include two different paths. One will lead to puzzles, the other will lead through bosses. Im prepared on this mission to execute lots of references and funny stuff in it. If you want to sumbit any funny references or stuff, please post them here or send them to my before posted e-mail.

Edit: I have way too much time on my hands at school :D . During the rest of school, I programmed into Mission 1 a little bonus: the first moving guard! :) Hes not much, but hes a start toward better and cooler missions!
Main Projects:

Side Projects:
???-25%

threefingeredguy
Calc King

Post by threefingeredguy »

Haha, moving things always make the game better. Unless they aren't supposed to move.
Floodkiller
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by Floodkiller »

Here you fine folks at MaxCoderz forums are: Stealth Missions 0 and 1, plus the readme (notefolio) and the story (notefolio)

Just ungroup the mission you want to play, and run the SAREA<insertnumberhere> program to start the mission!

http://savefile.com/files/9486105
Main Projects:

Side Projects:
???-25%