TI Armageddon!!! woooo!!!

A General Discussion forum for TI calculators

Moderator: MaxCoderz Staff

CoBB
MCF Legend

Post by CoBB »

Lots of wasted electrons here again. All could have been put into some creative process instead. Take that as a subtle hint.
threefingeredguy
Calc King

Post by threefingeredguy »

Just for the record, an electron can't be wasted. Unless you collide with a -whats that called - anti-electron?
KevinJB
Calc Wizard

Post by KevinJB »

I love apple. Dont diss my macs
That point was that people have been saying the same thing of Apple 'Oh noes Apples going under any minute there!'.
09 F9 11 02 9D 74 E3 5B D8 41 56 C5 63 56 88 C0
KevinJB | RevSoft
coelurus
Calc Wizard

Post by coelurus »

We've all seen these articles, we've all read the pointless replies. Go and be creative instead :)
leofox
Calc Master

Post by leofox »

currahee wrote:
Spencer is not Maxcoderz. Kevin is not Maxcoderz. UTI does more than just Nimbus, Kevin actually used to be UTI.
I said PEOPLE AND COMMUNITY. I was NOT IMPLYING that they were part of groups.
You were implying that without MaxCoderz, Dark Link Quest and Spencers Zelda would not exist. Since when do people need a certain forum to post in to make a project? They couldve posted in any forum really..
To add everything up, you sound like one of those people who made Kevin leave. New calcs may give new oppertunities, but the "new calcs" have been so far rebranded TIs.
The Silver Edition calcs have a faster processor and more RAM for ASM programs if you know how to use it. But yet there are no games out there that use it...

I'm just a visitor of this forum that got pissed off by the wrong conclusion that you jumped to with halftruths, misperceptions and plain old lies as arguments.
Liazon
Calc Guru

Post by Liazon »

threefingeredguy wrote:Just for the record, an electron can't be wasted. Unless you collide with a -whats that called - anti-electron?
it's called a positron

edit: well leofox, isn't the whole world confused by halftruths, misconceptions, and lies? Do i really know what is going on in whereever you live? can you possibly know wut is going on where i'm from? The media is too quick to spout out all of this stuff that we WANT to hear. It usually takes awhile before the so called truth is finally settled.
Image Image Image
DigiTan
Calc Master

Post by DigiTan »

calcul831415 wrote:
threefingeredguy wrote:Just for the record, an electron can't be wasted. Unless you collide with a -whats that called - anti-electron?
it's called a positron
:wink: No, it's called "figurative language." Hello, methaphore police here!

At the risk of sounding unkind, I've learned not put much stock in any report that uses the phase "golden era." The TI community has always had its problems and we've survived each and every one. I got my calculator in 1997, and the community is x1000 better than it ever was then. The programs are better, the graphics are cleaner, the projects are more elaborate, and there's better communication. To sum it all up, it's just more fun now. David Boozer would go bananas to see all the TI groups his first-ever TI hack spun off--even the dead ones.

The 83+/84+ community should be counting its blessings. Five years ago, the 19.006 ROM absolutely killed TI-82 gaming. We only get about 2 new assembly games a year now; and other than CoBB, DWedit, Pat Davidson, Sam Heald, plus a few others and myself there is zero develpment, zero collaboration, and near-zero interest. I don't let it bother me because when it comes to 83+ gaming, I see scores of eager of people helping out on projects as if they were getting paid millions to do it. TI wishes their programmers had our kind of energy. 8)
My diet consists of nails, code-stealers, and HP fans.
Projects:

Robot War [TI-82, TI Flash App]
Sonic the Hedgehog [Multiplatform]
threefingeredguy
Calc King

It's spelled metaphor. :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
DarkAuron
Maxcoderz Staff

Post by DarkAuron »

The energy it took you to post up and reply to all this crazy posts could have been used to think out a game idea and start working on it, or continue working on a current project. But hey, that's just how I see it. Silly people. :roll:
[Gridwars Score] - E: 1860037 M: 716641 H: 261194
DigiTan
Calc Master

Post by DigiTan »

DA, if this was only about the work, our forums wouldn't even have a purpose. My point is that even amid the flame wars, disloyalty, and spelling nazis things are a lot better off than they're made out to be.
My diet consists of nails, code-stealers, and HP fans.
Projects:

Robot War [TI-82, TI Flash App]
Sonic the Hedgehog [Multiplatform]
threefingeredguy
Calc King

Hahaha, I am not anywhere near a spelling Nazi. I dont even use apostrophes. And DA, I can only work on SSP at school or when I have graph paper, neither of which is true of my current state. On the plus side, glad to see you posting, I was wondering where you had gone.
CompWiz
Calc King

Post by CompWiz »

I cannot understand how anyone can say the TI community is dying when so many new and innovative games have come out recently, and so many neat projects will be coming out soon. Look how many games and other things have been developed in the past year or so. Flickerless grayscale is now possible, and Desolate is a great game that uses it. Space shooters have expanded beyond Phenix in the past few years with phantom star and fire track 2. Acelgoyobis has amazingly fast scrolling and so many neat features, not to mention the graphics. Wizards finally gives people who like magic type games something to play on the calc. Zelda is on the verge of coming out, with smooth scrolling, grayscale, and some of the best graphics around. Fate by fire is an RPG that does have the best grayscale graphics around. NimbusOS, a great new operating system is in beta, about ready to be released. Sonic is being worked on steadily, with progress continuing nicely. Metroid, if it ever comes out, could be one of the best games for calc, with amazing graphics and so many neat features. And you cannot forget about the best emulator for the 83(+/SE) calcs ever. PindurTI is a revoluion in emulation, much better than VTI. Also, you can now emulate 85/86 on the 83/84+/SE calcs. Not to mention the game boy emulator the 68k calcs have. New people are joining programming groups like maxcoderz all the time, and promising new projects are springing up with increasing acceleration. Kerm plans a series of world-wide calculator programmer's conventions for next year, and he is developing the software that will make world-wide calculator networking possible. (MMORPG's anyone :mrgreen: J/K)

So, the community is dying? Reeeaaally... :mrgreen:

[/rant]
In Memory of the Maxcoderz Trophy Image
kalan_vod
Calc King

Post by kalan_vod »

CompWiz wrote:I cannot understand how anyone can say the TI community is dying when so many new and innovative games have come out recently, and so many neat projects will be coming out soon. Look how many games and other things have been developed in the past year or so. Flickerless grayscale is now possible, and Desolate is a great game that uses it. Space shooters have expanded beyond Phenix in the past few years with phantom star and fire track 2. Acelgoyobis has amazingly fast scrolling and so many neat features, not to mention the graphics. Wizards finally gives people who like magic type games something to play on the calc. Zelda is on the verge of coming out, with smooth scrolling, grayscale, and some of the best graphics around. Fate by fire is an RPG that does have the best grayscale graphics around. NimbusOS, a great new operating system is in beta, about ready to be released. Sonic is being worked on steadily, with progress continuing nicely. Metroid, if it ever comes out, could be one of the best games for calc, with amazing graphics and so many neat features. And you cannot forget about the best emulator for the 83(+/SE) calcs ever. PindurTI is a revoluion in emulation, much better than VTI. Also, you can now emulate 85/86 on the 83/84+/SE calcs. Not to mention the game boy emulator the 68k calcs have. New people are joining programming groups like maxcoderz all the time, and promising new projects are springing up with increasing acceleration. Kerm plans a series of world-wide calculator programmer's conventions for next year, and he is developing the software that will make world-wide calculator networking possible. (MMORPG's anyone :mrgreen: J/K)

[/rant]
A few things
-Zelda isn't gs
-NimbusOS isn't an OS, but is an application, unless you consider ION to be an OS....
-You forgot to mention basic gs by kevin
-Forgot about a great new z80 editor,laterin
CompWiz
Calc King

Post by CompWiz »

kalan_vod wrote:
CompWiz wrote:I cannot understand how anyone can say the TI community is dying when so many new and innovative games have come out recently, and so many neat projects will be coming out soon. Look how many games and other things have been developed in the past year or so. Flickerless grayscale is now possible, and Desolate is a great game that uses it. Space shooters have expanded beyond Phenix in the past few years with phantom star and fire track 2. Acelgoyobis has amazingly fast scrolling and so many neat features, not to mention the graphics. Wizards finally gives people who like magic type games something to play on the calc. Zelda is on the verge of coming out, with smooth scrolling, grayscale, and some of the best graphics around. Fate by fire is an RPG that does have the best grayscale graphics around. NimbusOS, a great new operating system is in beta, about ready to be released. Sonic is being worked on steadily, with progress continuing nicely. Metroid, if it ever comes out, could be one of the best games for calc, with amazing graphics and so many neat features. And you cannot forget about the best emulator for the 83(+/SE) calcs ever. PindurTI is a revoluion in emulation, much better than VTI. Also, you can now emulate 85/86 on the 83/84+/SE calcs. Not to mention the game boy emulator the 68k calcs have. New people are joining programming groups like maxcoderz all the time, and promising new projects are springing up with increasing acceleration. Kerm plans a series of world-wide calculator programmer's conventions for next year, and he is developing the software that will make world-wide calculator networking possible. (MMORPG's anyone :mrgreen: J/K)

[/rant]
A few things
-Zelda isn't gs
-NimbusOS isn't an OS, but is an application, unless you consider ION to be an OS....
-You forgot to mention basic gs by kevin
-Forgot about a great new z80 editor,laterin
I thought I read that zelda would have grayscale rupees or something. Maybe it was taken out. And yes, I realize that rupees in grey do not make the game very greyscale.

basic greyscale is great, I didn't specify that greyscale was asm only.

I'm not sure how I forgot laterin, I was just reading about that a few days ago. It looks amazing. :)

Anyone else with some great advancements or programs we missed? :D
In Memory of the Maxcoderz Trophy Image
leofox
Calc Master

Post by leofox »

Zelda uses the scrolling to make greyscalish graphics, so you could consider it greyscale in a way.