ti 89 titanium \o/

A General Discussion forum for TI calculators

Moderator: MaxCoderz Staff

Spengo
Calc Master

ti 89 titanium \o/

Post by Spengo »

Yesterday, I went to school and discovered that I would have a very hard time in AP calculus without a 68k calculator. Ergo, that evening, I went out and bought a ti-89t. :D Anyways, I've been messing with it for a while, but I have encountered some problems. PreOS was successfully installed, and I also installed a bunch of 2-3 file games. However, I also tried to run Corridors, the fps for the 89's and 92's. I couldn't get it to work! :o Once when I tried it, I had some really bad crash which displayed the message something 1111 emulation or something like that and even taking out the batteries wouldn't fix it. (eventually I popped out the back up battery and all was good after that) Later I tried it again, and I kept on getting a thing that says that the calc detected a crash and it wouldn't run the program. :( Yes, I did archive everything first like the readme said. :roll: Now I'm afraid to try another one I wanted to play (Arena 3D) because it has a lot of the same files. Does anyone know what it is I am doing wrong? Maybe it's just my 68k n00bism that prevents me from running things. ;)

EDIT: I was brave and tried arena3D. It runs great! So, it's just corridors that doesn't like me. :cry:
bananas... o.o
DarkAuron
Maxcoderz Staff

Post by DarkAuron »

You've gotten hw3 patch and ghostbuster right?
[Gridwars Score] - E: 1860037 M: 716641 H: 261194
mnc2fan
Extreme Poster

Post by mnc2fan »

LOL, thats funny, I think I have there number...! How fast do you say Arena 3D runs (fps guess) awsome looking game. It sucks you can't get Corridors running, maybe HW 3 patch can make a difference. Good look
Spengo
Calc Master

Post by Spengo »

What's HW3? *googles and ticalc.orgs*

Arena 3D runs without any lag that I noticed. 'Tis a very funny game with many gameplay modes including multiplayer. I like how in multiplayer you get the Wolfenstein character and the Homer Simpson character! XD It needs more weapons though.
bananas... o.o
Andy_J
Calc Master

Post by Andy_J »

Your question has been answered here, in CalcGames's FAQ.

Hopefully that'll mean something to you since you know your way around calculators. :)
ImageImage
Spengo
Calc Master

Post by Spengo »

Oh, I see. :o Maybe I should try it again. Corridors that is.

EDIT: uh oh. It seems my calc has version 3.01! It isn't supported by the patch! :o Ghostbuster worked great. (at least, as far as I can tell at the moment) *now goes to look for an updated version of the patch*

EDIT: another problem. I found the newer version of the patch, and now I get "error: unknown trap #11 hook" :P
bananas... o.o
threefingeredguy
Calc King

Post by threefingeredguy »

The new AMS doesnt support all old games. On calcgames there is a link to the old AMS which does support said games.
Spengo
Calc Master

Post by Spengo »

I thought that was the point of the patch. -_- Isn't it supposed to make the AMS's that don't work work? :?
bananas... o.o
threefingeredguy
Calc King

Post by threefingeredguy »

That probly is the point of the patch. I was just throwin that out there. Mostly to sound like I know what I am talking about.
leofox
Calc Master

Post by leofox »

Spengo wrote:What's HW3? *googles and ticalc.orgs*

Arena 3D runs without any lag that I noticed. 'Tis a very funny game with many gameplay modes including multiplayer. I like how in multiplayer you get the Wolfenstein character and the Homer Simpson character! XD It needs more weapons though.
HW3 means HardWare 3. There are 3 types of ti-89's: 2 normal ones (hw1,hw2) and the titanium (hw3). So an 89-hw3 is a titanium.
Spengo
Calc Master

Post by Spengo »

Yeah, I got that part. :P The problem is:
I found the newer version of the patch, and now I get "error: unknown trap #11 hook"
In other words, I can't get the patch to install. :o

EDIT: woah! I just found out that there is a new version of corridors that is compatible with the 89T! I guess I don't need the patch after all. :o Only problem is, to get it to run, I need to have my calc completely empty other than preos and itself. :roll: Oh well.
bananas... o.o