Public Domain Mario sprites

A place for graphics

Moderator: DarkAuron

leofox
Calc Master

Public Domain Mario sprites

Post by leofox »

Yesterday, Merthsoft asked my on #tcpa if i could make some Mario sprites for him. This gave me an idea.. A lot of people want to make Mario games, and not all of them are skilled pixel artists. So I made some sprites for everyone to use:

This is just a few enemies, maybe i'll make more. It'd be cool if you guys added/improved some sprites too.
tr1p1ea
Maxcoderz Staff

Post by tr1p1ea »

Nice, i like the flowers :).

There are a lot of Mario sprites getting around tho.
"My world is Black & White. But if I blink fast enough, I see it in Grayscale."
Andy_J
Calc Master

Post by Andy_J »

I doubt you can place those in the public domain since they are ripoffs of copyrighted material...
ImageImage
merthsoft
Extreme Poster

Post by merthsoft »

Awsome, I guess I'm going 16x8 :) Are you going to work on more?
Shaun
axcho

Post by axcho »

I'm working on some 7x6 mario sprites. You can see them in the screenshot for my new Sprite Lab program. Just wait a little while... There are also some StarCraft Terran buildings in there too.
kalan_vod
Calc King

Post by kalan_vod »

axcho wrote:I'm working on some 7x6 mario sprites. You can see them in the screenshot for my new Sprite Lab program. Just wait a little while... There are also some StarCraft Terran buildings in there too.
Wow you relly like to promote your program....
kv83
Maxcoderz Staff

Post by kv83 »

AndySoft wrote:I doubt you can place those in the public domain since they are ripoffs of copyrighted material...
What he says.
threefingeredguy
Calc King

Post by threefingeredguy »

I want to see the StarCraft sprites, but I can't access ticalc.org from this computer (internet downloads filters and such). Are the SC sprites in that picture?
axcho

Post by axcho »

Wow you relly like to promote your program....
Actually I was just too lazy to make a new image. I wrote this before I made a topic about my program.

Here, I'll make a picture with the sprites, and a few extra thrown in:

Edit: Okay, I actually modified the Mario sprites in the picture. They are much cooler looking, and animated. And in case you were wondering, no that guy is not supposed to be Mario.

Edit2: I hope you don't mind the triple post...
Just for fun, here's a concept screen shot of a StarCraft game on the calculator:
DarkAuron
Maxcoderz Staff

Post by DarkAuron »

Seeing as you're guest posting (why isn't it globally disabled..? *whaps joe, whom never seems to be around anymore*) I can understand why you triple posted, but you're better off signing up with an account, that way you can Edit your posts, have a signature, avatar, post count, etc.

So from now on, please refrain from double/triple/etc posting unless the posts are significantly spaced out date-wise. Triple posting on the same day is a no-no :P

With all that aside, welcome to MaxCoderz! Interesting sprites for b&w :) I'm interested in your sprite lab program, might try it :D
[Gridwars Score] - E: 1860037 M: 716641 H: 261194