Doom 3 demo

Feel like posting Off Topic? Do it here.

Moderator: MaxCoderz Staff

DarkAuron
Maxcoderz Staff

Doom 3 demo

Post by DarkAuron »

I can't get one. Theres no site on the internet that doesn't require an account AND lets you resume downloads with the doom 3 demo. None. Unless someone is capable of proving me wrong, I'm not going to be able to get the doom 3 demo on dialup. Theres no way.

Some of you may say "It's so not worth it" but it might be to me, I don't know. I want to play it but none of my friends have the game, much less a good enough computer to even run it.
[Gridwars Score] - E: 1860037 M: 716641 H: 261194
Jim e
Calc King

Post by Jim e »

It's pretty even on my budget grfx card. Have you tried to goolge a doom 3 demo torrent?
Spengo
Calc Master

Post by Spengo »

Well, uh, check your pm box (well, irc lets you resume dls right? :wink:) , and if not, torrents do allow you to resume downloads too
bananas... o.o
mnc2fan
Extreme Poster

Post by mnc2fan »

Where do you live, I can send you a CD with the Demo on it, if it is possible. I have broadband so I doesn't bother me to download it. And shipping price is free since my mom can send it with here businesses mail. If you want to do that just give me a sending address, and I will send it for you.

I have limewire, I can PM you my IP and you can direct connect to my pc and download the demo. Which ever way would be easier for you... :D
DarkAuron
Maxcoderz Staff

Post by DarkAuron »

Hmm that might work best, although I'm a slight bit uneasy about giving my address away like that :P
mnc2fan
Extreme Poster

Post by mnc2fan »

Yeah I see your point, I can say you can trust me on this, but you don't know me so that would be hard. I can do the limewire if that is easier?
currahee
Calc Wizard

Post by currahee »

well there's always download.com... or gamershell and dont forget 3d gamers!
"Not long ago, the Black Gate of Armonk swung open. The lights went out, my skin crawled, and dogs began to howl. I asked my neighbor what it was and he said, 'Those are the nazgul. Once they were human, now they are IBM's lawyers.'"
benryves
Maxcoderz Staff

Post by benryves »

DOOM3 is really cheap, isn't it? I picked it up for £25 on the day it came out. Seeing as most games are £40-£50, it's a bit of a bargain.
Runs smoothly on my 9550 el-cheapo card, but the sound is choppy when loading (walking through doors into new bits of level, that sort of thing) thanks to my super-awesome integrated AC'97.
mnc2fan
Extreme Poster

Post by mnc2fan »

If what he was wanting was a place to download the demo, there wouldn't be a topic now. The thing is he has dialup, and he wants a place where he can download some of it, stop and download some more the next day. And do that until the entire demo is downloaded.
Patori
Maxcoderz Staff

Post by Patori »

Try a download manager :)
Currently coming up with a new signature idea... since my forum avatar changer was killed by an upgrade...
DarkAuron
Maxcoderz Staff

Post by DarkAuron »

Try finding a site that allows resumes. I bet you'll have a hard time finding one, because thus far I havn't been able to. That's the whole point of this topic!
kalan_vod
Calc King

Post by kalan_vod »

DarkAuron wrote:Try finding a site that allows resumes. I bet you'll have a hard time finding one, because thus far I havn't been able to. That's the whole point of this topic!
doesnt firefox have it where you can resume?
edit:
http://www.download.com/Download-Accele ... ag=lst-0-5
try that?
DarkAuron
Maxcoderz Staff

Post by DarkAuron »

Oy, you're totally missing the point!

Look, I have a download manager that works *JUST FINE*

But you see, to be able to resume a download, the site hosting a file that you're trying to resume has to have support for resuming downloads, right?

Okay, thus far, there is no such thing as a site that hosts doom 3 and has resume support. At all. Nada. Zip. Zero. None. Which is why I can't get it. Unless by miracle I can stay online for 60 hours nonstop with all my bandwidth toward the download, and that's not going to happen, especially since my parents need the internet every other day.

And sorry, I'm just.. annoyed at many things right now; phoneline, morrowind, my friend, my sinuses, and my headache. Rawr :x
Last edited by DarkAuron on Thu 08 Sep, 2005 10:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
kalan_vod
Calc King

Post by kalan_vod »

http://www.download.com/Doom-3-demo/300 ... ag=lst-0-3
does download.com not allow it? if not, get someone to host it on there sever and make them allow it :D, or use a gmail account and ill email it 2 u :O
mnc2fan
Extreme Poster

Post by mnc2fan »

See if you can go to like a game place and see if they have a disc with Doom 3 demo, and you might get other demos with it. No downloading, mailing, or waiting :D :D And forget limewire or any of the different p2p sharing there isn't a demo out there... :?