T.I.O. (TI Online) aka Unnamed project 1

A forum where you can announce your awesome project(s).

Moderator: MaxCoderz Staff

Comikal

T.I.O. (TI Online) aka Unnamed project 1

Post by Comikal »

Edit: Project codename is T.I.O. which stands for TI online

Hello there, I know most of you havent heard from me for a while, mostly due to alot of summer assignments and family events. However, I'm putting JR on hold for a project that would help me in more than one way.

To start off with, is there any way to identify a calculator by any universal standard (product ID). I mean, is it the same for everyone, does it follow this: ####A-AA###-#### (# means number, A means letter) It would help greatly if i got some replies or some peoples ID's and which version (83+SE,83+,84) in private messages. I am not going to do anything with them that is related the TI website.
Last edited by Comikal on Thu 25 Aug, 2005 2:55 am, edited 2 times in total.
Working on my FastRPL physics sim.
Game in planning stages.
mnc2fan
Extreme Poster

Post by mnc2fan »

What use would they be for, the ID seems fairly useless. No my ID doesn't follow that #A###-##AA#-A#A#
threefingeredguy
Calc King

Post by threefingeredguy »

The ID isnt useless at all!!!!!! Design a ridiiculous, needlessly complicated algorithm that converts the id to some other many digit number. Then use it as the key to play the program. That way, people have to pay for programs, cause you use your little program that converts ID numbers to the serial key when they send you the money and you send the converted number to them. Came up with that in precalc one day.
crzyrbl
Calc Wizard

Post by crzyrbl »

....any way to do that in basic?
(\__/)
(='.'=)This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your
(")_(")signature to help him gain world domination.

mnc2fan
Extreme Poster

Post by mnc2fan »

Don't go Microsoft on us now... :twisted: :twisted:

Lets hope TI doesn't think of that idea. Or is it to late, but even at that people can still develop a way to trick the program, unless that number it hard programmed and checked to see if it is the same number?
Comikal

Post by Comikal »

ok i guess i can spill some of the beans. I'm working on making something like PSO, where it would be possible for you all to put in your product ID, which would give you an ID for your calc. You would then be able to use your character via a website designed to do this, you could fight others, and the results would be saved on the website, written directly to your ID, and when you put the program on your calc again, it would have updated your battle results, experience, items and stuff like that. This would help me learn how to do HTML better, do a server, and program calculators. As it has always been my procedure, I am going to complete concepts before I start coding. Cross your fingers that I'll complete this project. If I need any help, I won't hesitate to ask (so don't ask me). Thanks.
Game in planning stages.
threefingeredguy
Calc King

DONT alter the id, it ruins the purpose of it, plus I am not sure you can write to it, just read from it.
crzyrbl
Calc Wizard

Post by crzyrbl »

PSO like gamecube? that game was awsome...i was playing that game on and off with my friends for years.
(\__/)
(='.'=)This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your
(")_(")signature to help him gain world domination.

Comikal

Post by Comikal »

threefingeredguy wrote:DONT alter the id, it ruins the purpose of it, plus I am not sure you can write to it, just read from it.
I'm not sure if I was clear, or if I said what I meant. I mean the ID will be what is used, but there will something derived from the ID (henceforth Character ID) that will be written to. So:
ID--->Website--->CID--->Battle||Battle Results--->CID--->Calc

this is because the ID is unqiue to every calc, so if I change it, there are possibilities of reoccurance. So the CID will be a changing value as a result of website battles and events.
Game in planning stages.
threefingeredguy
Calc King

Ah I see. Yes we are on the same page then, that the ID can be useful. Sorry I'm a bit sick and I misread your post. :oops:
pacHa
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by pacHa »

ahem, Comikal, do you know php/z80 ? And are you skilled with those languages ?

I think it might be possible to implement your idea, but the gamplay will have to need such complicated things.

Advice anyways : you'd better start with smaller, much easier projects.
Comikal

Post by Comikal »

yes, to do this would require alot of knowledge of both php, MS Access/SQL, z80 and maybe more. Of course it would be impossible for me to this by myself, since I never took the time to learn ASM. The only small projects I've done were in RPL. So, for now I'm turning ideas in my head to see if its possible. After I determine how I want to do this, I'll start asking people for help.
Game in planning stages.
mnc2fan
Extreme Poster

Post by mnc2fan »

Are you taking CID's, if you are I'll PM you mine. I'm looking forward to seeing what can come of this idea. :excited: :excited:
threefingeredguy
Calc King

I could write a java console/gui program that interfaces with the calc and with the server computer. it would run fast enough.
Gambit
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by Gambit »

In case you still want to embark on such a big task, here are a few links and a quote to get you started:

_GetCalcSerial
http://wikiti.denglend.net/index.php?ti ... CALLs:807E

MD5 Routines ("Design a ridiiculous, needlessly complicated algorithm that converts the id to some other many digit number." <-- already been done :P But note that anyone with a decent knowledge of assembly can circumvent that protection :wink:)
http://wikiti.denglend.net/index.php?ti ... CALLs:808D
http://wikiti.denglend.net/index.php?ti ... CALLs:8090
http://wikiti.denglend.net/index.php?ti ... CALLs:8018
Dan Englender wrote:Yes, the ID is of the form:
AABCC-CCCCC-DDDD

A = The device type (04 = 83P, 03 = 89, 02 = 73, 01 = 92P)
B = hardware revision (for 83P: 00 = black, 01 = SE)
C = ID number
D = validation number
A note on the serial #, don't confuse bytes with nibbles! Also, the validation number ("DDDD") is calculated, and the location of that call changes with every OS version :x

But, since this is advanced stuff, I would also recommend you to do something easier first :?
"If SOURCE is outlawed, only outlaws will have SOURCE."