[Request] Pixel Artist for turn-based RPG

A place for graphics

Moderator: DarkAuron

kv83
Maxcoderz Staff

[Request] Pixel Artist for turn-based RPG

Post by kv83 »

Guys,

I am searching for a serious pixel artist. The project I am working on is a top-down (and when I say top-down, I don't mean a bird-view ala Zelda, but really top-down) RPG based on the D&D rule set. It is turn-based and further more based on a tilegrid, which uses atm tiles 32x32. The engine supports 256 colors. The game will be runable on multiple platforms, including Linux and Windows and is atm still in development.

If you are unfamiliar with Dungeon & Dragons, you should check out http://wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/whatisdnd to get an idea of which style I am aiming for.

Payment is an option, but when I pay for sprites, the copyrights of the sprites will be for 100% mine (of course). Please indicate the price per tile you want. Remember please that the game will be free available, and therefor the price for sprites shouldn't be too high.

If you want to apply for this job, than please post a 32x32 floor tile of a dungeon which is drawn by yourself (no rips of other games please!) and some background information about yourself. Don't worry, I won't use any posted sprites without permission.

Thanks for your intrest,

- kv83
necro
Calc King

Post by necro »

are these to be animated, and if so...to what degree? Also, what kind of characters and enviroments are you looking for (lots of human races...cube slimes and black puddings...ogre and djins...elementals, ect) and should they look photo-realistic or hand drawn (as in not cartoon, but also not 3D renders that are post coloured in photoshop with 12 layers)

Also, how MANY sprites?
kv83
Maxcoderz Staff

Post by kv83 »

@necro; Please look at the site I stated to get a feel of the style I am aiming for. Take those images as insperation.

I don't know how many I need, but as said, payment would be per sprite/tile.
threefingeredguy
Calc King

Post by threefingeredguy »

So, like the images on Magic: The Gathering cards?
kv83
Maxcoderz Staff

Post by kv83 »

No :x :x :x :x :x DUNGEON AND DRAGONS, is it really that hard to read, follow the link and you'll see Dungeon and dragons... it has nothing to do with each other, except that's from the same company... geeez
threefingeredguy
Calc King

Right, I understand that. The illustrations on the site you posted are similar and I am more familar with MTG than D&D. Sorry if I offended you.
kv83
Maxcoderz Staff

Post by kv83 »

You didn't offended me, but it's just a little frustrating to explain it three times in a row :ninja:
threefingeredguy
Calc King

Any luck yet?
necro
Calc King

Re: [Request] Pixel Artist for turn-based RPG

Post by necro »

kv83 wrote:Guys,

I am searching for a serious pixel artist. The project I am working on is a top-down (and when I say top-down, I don't mean a bird-view ala Zelda, but really top-down) RPG based on the D&D rule set. It is turn-based and further more based on a tilegrid, which uses atm tiles 32x32. The engine supports 256 colors. The game will be runable on multiple platforms, including Linux and Windows and is atm still in development.

If you are unfamiliar with Dungeon & Dragons, you should check out http://wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/whatisdnd to get an idea of which style I am aiming for.

Payment is an option, but when I pay for sprites, the copyrights of the sprites will be for 100% mine (of course). Please indicate the price per tile you want. Remember please that the game will be free available, and therefor the price for sprites shouldn't be too high.

If you want to apply for this job, than please post a 32x32 floor tile of a dungeon which is drawn by yourself (no rips of other games please!) and some background information about yourself. Don't worry, I won't use any posted sprites without permission.

Thanks for your intrest,

- kv83
what do you mean by "a 32x32 floor tile of a dungeon which is drawn by yourself"? Well, here what kind of stuf I can make (since no one else has replied)

necro
Calc King

Post by necro »

dead project or just no like?
necro
Calc King

Post by necro »

sigh...KV, you have a bad habit of not responding...
threefingeredguy
Calc King

He disappeared, some of the sites he hosts (calcwebzine for example) have had to get new servers. I wonder when he is coming back.
Liazon
Calc Guru

Post by Liazon »

i'm just not sure why he wants to do a birds eye view. It just doesn't seem as impressive in my opinion.

@kv83: btw, i'm a huge DND fan, i've been playing since middle school and still playing occasionally at hs. How is the gameplay structured?
Image Image Image
thecheat
Calc Guru

Post by thecheat »

ooh ooh I apply paid by the hour, oh yeah. no not really I'm kinda color challenged for drawing without crayons :P heh maybe I'd like to try, by parents would be P.O.'d if they saw me looking up d&d... don't ask... so could you show some basic pic's?
Liazon
Calc Guru

Post by Liazon »

i really don't see much of a point if kev83 is not around anymore to work on the project. I just checked to see if this topic was dead or not. And why would your parents not let you look at DND stuff? the only parents who ever did that were the parents of one of my really religous friends.

by the way, just visit wizards.com (or was it wizardsofthecoast.com?) and click on the D&D link. They post some of the pix from their books online. And it's a really fun game if you've got enough interested players. I don't at the moment
Image Image Image