RevSoft Has Gotten Some New Staff!

A General Discussion forum for TI calculators

Moderator: MaxCoderz Staff

Madskillz
Calc Wizard

RevSoft Has Gotten Some New Staff!

Post by Madskillz »

You think you got what it takes to be apart of the Revolution? Show us what you got, and hey it doesn't hurt to fill out an application right? :wink:

Thats right folks, RevSoft is looking for some new staff! If you program in z80, BASIC, or for an 83+ or 89, it doesn't matter, we just wanna see what you can do!

Fill out an application today, and enjoy the Revolution...

http://calcwebzine.com/revsoft/application.htm

edit: may need to have outlook express set up...
Last edited by Madskillz on Tue 30 Aug, 2005 4:04 pm, edited 2 times in total.
The Revolution is here...
lloydkirk1989
Calc Wizard

Post by lloydkirk1989 »

I don't see C as one of the optional languAGES THERE.
Madskillz
Calc Wizard

Post by Madskillz »

Yes, your right, it is added now! :wink:
Thanks for noticing that lloyd!
Madskillz
Calc Wizard

Post by Madskillz »

the application will be up for two more weeks, thanks to those that have supplied an app so far...the staff will be going through them and picking out the best four, thats right RevSoft is looking for four new members...should be interesting, we have some pretty interesting BASIC applications too! :twisted:
Madskillz
Calc Wizard

Post by Madskillz »

Well after getting six applications, I think we have almost narrowed the selections down to the top three. We have two down for sure and are reviewing the third. We are also really considering a merger of sorts...
So stay tuned, we will be bringing you the new staff news within two days.

Thanks for all the apps and support guys!
kalan_vod
Calc King

Post by kalan_vod »

Madskillz wrote:Well after getting six applications, I think we have almost narrowed the selections down to the top three. We have two down for sure and are reviewing the third. We are also really considering a merger of sorts...
So stay tuned, we will be bringing you the new staff news within two days.

Thanks for all the apps and support guys!
yeah well do you respond to those who are selected? i havent been notified and probally wont be selected anyways.
edit......woot 200 posts!
Madskillz
Calc Wizard

Post by Madskillz »

Well, RevSoft has gotten some new staff.
Here are the choosen ones:
Paul Bellar: threefingeredguy
Kevin Boyer: Rezek
Mike Ives: Raiser

We have also formed a merger of sorts with prgmerz. (www.prgmerz.tk)
I have been in contact with L-Man and Deathsting, and they are ready to get back to work in coding. As for now, Deathsting has some big testing or something going on, so he wont be super active, but he will be kept on staff until he says otherwise!
Their only active members joining the team are:
Larry Bucio: L-Man
Deathsting (Sorry, dont know first and last name!)

We also sent out other offers for staff positions, so I have yet to here from them. Stay tuned for more info regarding that.

I wanna thank all the people that sent in applications, In total, I believe we ended up getting 8 applications. So thanks for the support. Dont worry if you didn't get excepted this time, continue to work on your projects, and improve them...who knows we might come to you asking if you would still like that staff position! :wink:

I did learn something from this process though, z80 programming is dying my friends. Out of all the applications we had one asm coder, 3FG. Kinda surprised me a bit.

Thanks again everybody, and welcome to the team guys!
-Travis Supalla (Madskillz) Co-founder of RevSoft
CoBB
MCF Legend

Post by CoBB »

Madskillz wrote:I did learn something from this process though, z80 programming is dying my friends.
No. Simply put, most of the 'community' activity has nothing to do with programming, so the actual work is buried under all that useless ballast.
koolmansam375
Extreme Poster

Post by koolmansam375 »

Deathsting does asm coding too. I cant beleive that itd be only 3fg who does asm :-/ (not that theres anything wrong with him doing it! :D)

Pongwars shall live!

blog is down atm. :-(
the_unknown_one
Calc Master

Post by the_unknown_one »

I think not much asm programmer applied because they're already in a group, mostly.
Madskillz
Calc Wizard

Post by Madskillz »

Actually there are a lot of ASM coders that aren't in groups. NanoWar, Spencer, jvdthewhip, CoBB, etc.

No. Simply put, most of the 'community' activity has nothing to do with programming, so the actual work is buried under all that useless ballast.
-I meant in the sense of big name ASM projects and ongoing ASM projects. The only really big name project that I see almost weekly, surely monthly progress on is Zelda by spencer. I think 3FG will make a great addition to our team, SSP is a fun little demo, I cant wait for the full version, and the sequel looks to be even better. Im just saying why cant more of those ASM coders go out there and be more involved in the "community".
Those coders I listed above all have been, but when was the last time you have seen a project out of nowhere come and wow us? It seems the only coders releasing good games are ones that have been doing that already.

I know I am just ranting, but I am sure there is something logical in that! :wink:
Jim e
Calc King

Post by Jim e »

There should be an initiative. Some way to spur activity. A contest just doesn't do it. Personally, I just think all of you non-coding guys out there are just lazy. :P :lol: j/k
threefingeredguy
Calc King

Post by threefingeredguy »

Heh yeah, lazy.
coelurus
Calc Wizard

Post by coelurus »

Maybe the cutting edge has been reached? Gamers may feel that there is nothing more to do on the calc so they don't see the point in starting with serious programming.

Asm coders around should gather forces to crack open new ideas for games to show people that the edge has not been reached at all. As I've already said, there's a lot of work going on but there's nothing inspirational to see yet. Zelda, sure, a really good one among all the rest. Metroid, cool stuff and we've seen the anims and all, when will it be released? Is the spinning point in there evident to people?

Someone 'not too uber' should either start a seriously wicked and open project to show how a development cycle can look, or start with an equally seriously wicked project, never say a word and eventually release the thing whenever it finishes. Methods inbetween are the least interesting, especially when projects take a long time and info is given out bit by bit for people to suck in. After a while, being a sucker turns out to be pretty boring...
Jim e
Calc King

Post by Jim e »

Maybe the cutting edge has been reached? Gamers may feel that there is nothing more to do on the calc so they don't see the point in starting with serious programming.
I have to say you inspired me to do that mode 7 thing. I'm gonna do it. And if I don't work or starting getting lazy I want someone to B*tchslap me.

Why don't the maxcoderz staff organize and work together to finish Ducks mario. Engine wise it looks about 70% done game wise about 20%.

I think the maturer programmers just need to start pushing the newer lazy coderz.