My current projects (cross your fingers for completion)

A forum where you can announce your awesome project(s).

Moderator: MaxCoderz Staff

necro
Calc King

My current projects (cross your fingers for completion)

Post by necro »

currently, I am working on a Castle Vania game engine...tile by tile scrolling, scrolls with character (when you character is in the midle of the screen, it srolls the screen so you can see in front of you), and is being carefuly documented and planned so the chance this thing gets finished is high...stairs are anoying to code (and I have decided to go the cheap route with them...it pauses the game action and you character either goes the entire length down or up the stairs without any options to jump off them or change directions) though it seems nobody gives a rats ass...and it is on hold due to the strategy contset...

My rpg has been reworked, I am thinking of instead having a multi character system and having a set of needs for each of your party (think along the lines of the sims...kinda) and a very harsh post apocolyptic world with you scrounging for jobs and food and some elements of games like animal crossing...likely lots of item cretion type stuff (mix a spring, two nails, and a piece of cutting wire to make a mouse trap...use a saw on a piece of wire to make a needle...hammer a piece of pipe with a few cogs on it to make a club...ect.) and probably multi scenario type game play. In the testing stage (see if it is possible)

Finaly, I am working on a NEW puzzle game SET based on checkers and connect four, AI possible, but not likely...probably just 2 players on one calc.

PS: As far as progress, I will continously update this post to anounce it and anounce any delays/cancleations.
Last edited by necro on Mon 19 Sep, 2005 5:15 pm, edited 3 times in total.
necro
Calc King

Post by necro »

side scroller:
The program consists of a title screen, then a menu (new, continue, options), then it either writes a new set of stats for you if you select new game, or will simply recover the old stats (continue) from a list (I plan to create some kind of encryption for it). The program then opens the map subroutine wich stores it into a matrice, loads the enemy locations and data (not yet implimented) and loads any power ups and checks for permenantly destroyable objects to generate (not yet implemented).

It returns to the main program and begins the game play loop. This contains only the code to draw the current map, open player routine, enemy routine (empty), and enviroment routine (empty), then update the display before doing it all again. I hope by breaking the program up like this, I can increase the reuseability and ease in debugging of the code. Also, I plan to document all of the routines on my computer to keep things moving. While it has taken a lot longer to get much done, it seems worth it.

I plan to have the enemy loop generate enemy data if a certain number of enemies have not already been made and put on screen, and when they go so far off screen to "kill them" so that I can create more enemies. I also plan to have the game limit spawn points for most enemies...so as to keep the game from having endless streams of monsters. I am basing the actual enemy execution code on that from my Cat Trap game...a looping set of lists to execute, fewwer or more deppending on how fast I can get the code (as a whole) to run. I may try and convert this all into assembly to make it more playable. Currently though, I have not created any monster AIs.

The enviroment code will be for things like rising lava, falling fire balls, water ipedeing your movements, and enviromental animations like rain. It may be srapped.

Well, there is some info on that...nothing much to report on the others as of yet other than I am working on them a bit. And why hasn't anyone posted any kind of random encouraging bump? I mean...what is wrong with this?
crzyrbl
Calc Wizard

Post by crzyrbl »

sounds cool. ive alway wondered what a mmbn game would look like on the calc. will it be in asm or use xLib?
(\__/)
(='.'=)This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your
(")_(")signature to help him gain world domination.

necro
Calc King

Post by necro »

What is mmbn? I am leaning towards CV but might make it metroid...I might decide to make both (if the engine works well enough)

Oh, this is in basic, it scrolls pretty fast (but no enemy code yet) and I might recode it into asmebly...wich should be a lot easier than trying to code it in ASM right of the get go
Last edited by necro on Thu 11 Aug, 2005 2:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
crzyrbl
Calc Wizard

Post by crzyrbl »

necro wrote:What is mmbn? I am leaning towards CV but might make it metroid...I might decide to make both (if the engine works well enough)
mmbn=megaman battle network
cv=?
(\__/)

DarkerLine
Calc Wizard

Post by DarkerLine »

castlevania?
just try to be nice to people.

Post by necro »

oh...I am asuming you mean the rpg then...well, that kind of a movement system but wthout the 3 row and 6 collumn layout. I hope to have the entire game take place in a combat engine like that of MMBN with all NPCs, enemies, houses and stores, ect.
necro
Calc King

Post by necro »

on the RPG, I plan to have a lot of central characters...and a very developd and complex plot filled with political struggles, betrayle, and conspiracy set in a medevil world...a strugle between science and religion...

Also, I ironed out all of the bugs in the scrolling code. I plan to do a lot of coding on this tomorow...maybe finish up the character code entirely...perhaps get to start working on the enemy manager
crzyrbl
Calc Wizard

Post by crzyrbl »

i dont know why, but the plot sounds very Dan Brown-like. will you be posting any screenies any time soon?
(\__/)

necro
Calc King

Post by necro »

the rpg is in the rough pseudo coding/planning phase right now...I don't have any actual working code for it yet
necro
Calc King

Post by necro »

Ok, I have added all of the element checks (walls, stairs [which are non solid like how all the CV games are], candles, collapsing blocks, and jump through floors [you can jump through them but not fall back the opposite way]) and as far as stairs, I have decided to go the cheap route with them...it pauses the game action and you character either goes the entire length down or up the stairs without any options to jump off them or change directions)
necro
Calc King

Post by necro »

I am working on a little quick program to demonstrate the use of multiple enemy AIs with a good bit of documentation...well over 70% of this is finished...I don't know how useful any body on these forums will find them, but it might be helpful for novices.
threefingeredguy
Calc King

Post by threefingeredguy »

i may use it in space station pheta 2, this time you have a gun!
necro
Calc King

Post by necro »

Image this is the title screen I made by extsensively modifying a picture I found (I know, cheap, but it was still alot of work and took a good bit of skill) but the text and title were made by hand of course.
I have finished coding every thing but atacking and item detections in the character department...which I will code latter...I am currently working on the enemy code.
GuillaumeH

Post by GuillaumeH »

Castlevania rules ! I hope you'll make it with your version, I'll sure play it when it's released.