What is your favorite anime/manga?

Feel like posting Off Topic? Do it here.

Moderator: MaxCoderz Staff

Andy_J
Calc Master

Post by Andy_J »

I hate DBZ. I guess I just hate shows which aren't plausible. Some argue that Naruto is a cheap knockoff of DBZ, or something like that. Naruto is at least PLAUSIBLE (well not really, but neither is FMA then... I guess I need to define my own term for this then).

I guess when I say plausible in this context it means "only deals with humans on earth and not some oddball scum from who-knows-where... doesn't mean they're normal humans but humans nonetheless"... Hell I don't know!
ImageImage
Jim e
Calc King

Post by Jim e »

Might I make the point that DBZ was aired on toonami back before adultswim took the block. Back then anime in America was limited to things like pokemon, digimon, or sailormoon. So it kinda open the door for others to come through, such as cowboy bebop, trigun, & big O. For people that normally wouldn't have ever bothered to go out and hunt for anime it was at the least a stepping stone.
I guess when I say plausible in this context it means "only deals with humans on earth and not some oddball scum from who-knows-where... doesn't mean they're normal humans but humans nonetheless"... Hell I don't know!
hehehe....I like it when ever so often even you don't know what you mean. :lol: :lol: :lol: :P :P
Patori
Maxcoderz Staff

Post by Patori »

:roll: I don't see why DBZ was (is) so popular.... Naruto has ninjas... with ninja skillz!!!
Currently coming up with a new signature idea... since my forum avatar changer was killed by an upgrade...
dysfunction
Calc Master

Post by dysfunction »

DBZ- too much talking for no plot. Cool fight scenes. Once per 20 episodes. I used to watch it though. Nowadays its all about Wolf's Rain, Cowboy Bebop, FMA is pretty good but I don't watch it much- it's a little Funimation-ish for me, Gundam (the first two series), and a few others.

"You're very clever, young man, but it's turtles all the way down!"
Liazon
Calc Guru

Re: What is your favorite anime/manga?

Post by Liazon »

woods_dragon wrote:What is your favorite anim movie/show or do you like manga?
My favorite is Ruroni Kenshin.
Yo! I like Ruroni Kenshin too, but I don't have cable anymore, so I didn't see what happened in the final saga after they defeated Shishio. All I know is that someone wants to take revenge on Kenshin.
lecks
Extreme Poster

Post by lecks »

hey the same thing happened to me! i saw that one episode when he beat shishio and some people went their seperate ways, then i lost my cable... lol same thing happened to me when i was watching outlaw star and big o.
crzyrbl
Calc Wizard

Re: What is your favorite anime/manga?

Post by crzyrbl »

calcul831415 wrote: Yo! I like Ruroni Kenshin too, but I don't have cable anymore, so I didn't see what happened in the final saga after they defeated Shishio. All I know is that someone wants to take revenge on Kenshin.
thats probably for the best. they put in so many fillers it got canceled, like Naruto will be :roll:
(\__/)
(='.'=)This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your
(")_(")signature to help him gain world domination.

currahee
Calc Wizard

Post by currahee »

Ranma 1/2 and AZUMANGA!!! Love Hina is okay too but kinda makes Naru and Keitaro look so freakin immature for their age.
I liked Inuyasha a lot too...

DBZ- It's the SAME F-ING THING IN EACH SEASON why is it so cool?!? Is it becuase of how Goku can move so f-ing fast? You can do tghat in warcraft too! If you have a hero who has like an agility of 10,000!
The "storyline " is a bit repetitive though
"Not long ago, the Black Gate of Armonk swung open. The lights went out, my skin crawled, and dogs began to howl. I asked my neighbor what it was and he said, 'Those are the nazgul. Once they were human, now they are IBM's lawyers.'"
CompWiz
Calc King

Post by CompWiz »

Hasn't anyone ever heard of Death Note? I don't watch much anime or read much manga, but as soon as I started to read Death note, I was hooked! It is a great manga, and it is being translated online for free(if you can find a site that has it) becase it just started coming out in official english versions a few weeks ago. (and those are the old chapters) It is just so interesting.

BTW, Ich spreche ein bisschen Deutsche auch. Ich war die Deutsche Student auf die Jahre in meine Schule letztes Jahre.
In Memory of the Maxcoderz Trophy Image
dysfunction
Calc Master

Post by dysfunction »

Anybody else like Wolf's Rain?

"You're very clever, young man, but it's turtles all the way down!"
currahee
Calc Wizard

Post by currahee »

Sorry, when i saw wolf's rain I was just completely ... lost
"Not long ago, the Black Gate of Armonk swung open. The lights went out, my skin crawled, and dogs began to howl. I asked my neighbor what it was and he said, 'Those are the nazgul. Once they were human, now they are IBM's lawyers.'"
crzyrbl
Calc Wizard

Post by crzyrbl »

i like wolf's rain. It was a little melodramatic though.
(\__/)
(='.'=)This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your
(")_(")signature to help him gain world domination.

Patori
Maxcoderz Staff

Post by Patori »

CompWiz wrote:Hasn't anyone ever heard of Death Note? I don't watch much anime or read much manga, but as soon as I started to read Death note, I was hooked! It is a great manga, and it is being translated online for free(if you can find a site that has it) becase it just started coming out in official english versions a few weeks ago. (and those are the old chapters) It is just so interesting.

BTW, Ich spreche ein bisschen Deutsche auch. Ich war die Deutsche Student auf die Jahre in meine Schule letztes Jahre.
I came to this thread just to post about it.... omg, it is so good. I know 1 and 2 are out in english...

please pm that link!!!
currahee
Calc Wizard

Post by currahee »

Wouldn't it count as illegal since they've already started releasing them (officially) in English as Compwiz stated?
CompWiz
Calc King

Post by CompWiz »

It seems that all the translated chapters of Death Note(1 to 89 currently) are available at http://www.stoptazmo.com/death_note/ for download. The newer ones are here, and may be uploaded faster than the other site.

I don't know if they're illegal. The translated versions started coming out long before any real english versions were available. And they are much lower quality than the real thing. The translations aren't always the best also. I would assume the real versions are better in a few ways.

And if they weren't available online free, I'm way to stingy to even consider spending money on them(same with a lot of other things), so they aren't losing any money from me.
In Memory of the Maxcoderz Trophy Image