about recent inactivity

A General Discussion forum for TI calculators

Moderator: MaxCoderz Staff

DJ_O
Calc King

Post by DJ_O »

Kerey wrote:
lloydkirk1989 wrote:Calc programming doesn't realy go anywere, unless you're interested in programming a gameboy. :roll:
I disagree. I talk about Narkemen in job interviews, along with my robotics projects. It's always good to show you do something outside of just getting good grades, regardless of how trivial you may think it to be.
hmm well about that has the game progressed since january 2004, last time I checked narkemen.org the last news was back in 2004 and the forum was down :(
Image Image Image Now active at https://discord.gg/cuZcfcF (CodeWalrus server)
tr1p1ea
Maxcoderz Staff

Post by tr1p1ea »

Well i think some people are actually interested in programming for GameBoy's ... i know i am :).
"My world is Black & White. But if I blink fast enough, I see it in Grayscale."
Kerey

Post by Kerey »

Kevin wrote:
Kerey wrote:
lloydkirk1989 wrote:Calc programming doesn't realy go anywere, unless you're interested in programming a gameboy. :roll:
I disagree. I talk about Narkemen in job interviews, along with my robotics projects. It's always good to show you do something outside of just getting good grades, regardless of how trivial you may think it to be.
hmm well about that has the game progressed since january 2004, last time I checked narkemen.org the last news was back in 2004 and the forum was down :(
Sadly, no. I looked at the code for a few minutes a couple weeks ago, but that's about it. The forum is down because I am no longer running on my own server, which was hacked, but my school's, and they don't allow cgi.
leofox
Calc Master

Post by leofox »

tr1p1ea wrote:Well i think some people are actually interested in programming for GameBoy's ... i know i am :).
I wanted to go look how to program for gameboys once, but i only found C compilers. Does someone know how to configure TASM to compile for a gameboy?
blueskies
Calc Wizard

Post by blueskies »

threefingeredguy
Calc King

Post by threefingeredguy »

is there a cartridge writer available or will this only compile to roms?
blueskies
Calc Wizard

Post by blueskies »

Flash kits (a rewritable flash cartridge and a linker) used to be redily available, but most of the ones made today are for the GBA or NDS. I used to have a linker/cartridge for the GB, but sold it over a year ago. You might try eBay or the gbadev.org forums (that's where I sold mine). I can't remember the name of the kit though. It was like Xtender or something.
Patori
Maxcoderz Staff

Post by Patori »

Kevin wrote:
pacHa wrote:...and some people seem not to have a life apart from this...
...or a job...
jobs :) they are evil
Currently coming up with a new signature idea... since my forum avatar changer was killed by an upgrade...
DJ_O
Calc King

Post by DJ_O »

well this week I work 38 hours like last week, but thats only because someone at my work is on vacation right now. I normally work between 30-35 hours. It pays well though
Kozak
Maxcoderz Staff

Post by Kozak »

Is it vacation work or a full time job trough the year?
"They say that sea was created by a man named Maarten Zwartbol, a long time ago...." - Duck, an old Corbin version
DJ_O
Calc King

Post by DJ_O »

full time through the year because I dont go to school anymore
Madskillz
Calc Wizard

Post by Madskillz »

man I am part time and I still work 38 hrs a week..something isn't right here. I am working too much! :x

I go down to 20 some when school starts...

Glad to see you around Kevin, I dont post here as often as I used to, but I do check around here and look at the projects page.
The Revolution is here...
Kerey

Post by Kerey »

38 hours is a lot for part time and 30-35 is not much for full time. I work 40 hours/week pretty much just sitting at a desk coding all day, although today I got paid to toss around a football for a bit when our tour of the company datacenter ended early and we were waiting for places to open for lunch.
dysfunction
Calc Master

Post by dysfunction »

Wish I had a job coding... I'm a lifegaurd, which is a good job with decent pay, but its really hard to work shifts longer than about 6 hours because you're doing the same thing the whole time. I work part time about 30 hours/week, but that was more like 15 while in school.

"You're very clever, young man, but it's turtles all the way down!"
Madskillz
Calc Wizard

Post by Madskillz »

Plus you get to look at all the hot chicks Dys...but I am sure there is some nasty ones too. :x But then the hot chicks distract from the nasty so its all good... 8)
Last edited by Madskillz on Fri 22 Jul, 2005 11:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The Revolution is here...