LCD drivers

Got a brilliant program idea? Let us know!

Moderator: MaxCoderz Staff

mnc2fan
Extreme Poster

LCD drivers

Post by mnc2fan »

i was reading a post, can't remeber what it was, it was saying that ti needs to update their LCS dirver. since it is basically a program isn't it posible to create your own driver to get higher resolution. it could run in ion or mirage. not sure if it could work but it does in computers, so why not on a calc. it could possibly run faster, thus better GFX, and gray scale. :? :shock:
Timendus
Calc King

Post by Timendus »

Driver in this case refers to a piece of hardware, I'm afraid :)
So no, that's impossible...

And who are you..? :D
mnc2fan
Extreme Poster

Post by mnc2fan »

i'm a sophmore in hight school, i got a ti 84+se on christmas. didn't really think you could play games on the calc. found ticalc.org back in january, started getting games, found a lot of BASIC crap people are programming. i felt the programs could be better. then can across maxcoderz. i realized how good they could be. and have been hooked ever since. i just joined friday. so i guess you could call me a noob. :roll: :roll:
Timendus
Calc King

Post by Timendus »

A few tips regarding posting on forums in general:
- Use capitals, paragraphs and punctuation marks as they should be used
- Read back what you wrote (preferably a few times) and correct errors
This will make your posts more legible and readable, and people in general will be more inclined to give you a proper response.

And welcome to the Maxcoderz forum ;)
Jim e
Calc King

Post by Jim e »

That's number 3.
I wrote:Things common among programmers:
1. For some reason rudeness to should never be interpreted as rudeness, just more knowledgeable.
2. Most people consider politeness a waste of time, so don't bother.
3. Grammar is LAW.
4. Try to be the first person to point out grammatical mistakes, like "alot", a lack capitals, an excess of capitals, and punctuation.
5. If someone says something dumb you must call him on it.
6. RTFM & STFW are the golden rules.
7. Always provide code, doesn't matter what your doing or talking about, it will always be welcomed.
Timendus is right though the driver is frimware and there is no easy way to modify, or atleast that I know of. To improve graphics we would need either special hardware(like the GB), or memory mapping(TI-86). The fact is we have the prower to create better quallity games it's just the lcd is so restircting.