Remove java splash from applets?

Feel like posting Off Topic? Do it here.

Moderator: MaxCoderz Staff

King Harold
Calc King

Remove java splash from applets?

Post by King Harold »

Is it possible to remove that annoyingly slow splash screen from sun java's applet thing? It's really annoying and IMO has no reason to be there (like I care it's a java applet, I just want to START it)
Not found anything with google

I may go as far as to "debug" the whole thing if there are no known fixes..
soinsg

Post by soinsg »

You mean the one with the loading bar? Surely that's there for a purpose. I guess you could go to an old version of Java that didn't have such a splash.
King Harold
Calc King

Post by King Harold »

What purpose, to remind everyone that java is everywhere and in your face?
They won't even make money from it, as everyone who sees it already has java and it's free anyway

So yes, I mean that loading bar - as allways, it'd be faster if there was no loading bar, and that's all I care about really (a loading bar for something that takes less than a second? how useful is that?)

But does that mean there really isn't a known way to remove it? (*starts ollydbg*)
Demon

Post by Demon »

If it is only going to be there for "less than a second," as you say, anyway, then why go through all that trouble just to get rid of it? Ignore it and move on.
"Python has dynamic typing, and dynamic binding, which means that not only does it make a great secretary, it is also pretty damn kinky." --Henry the Adequate

<My Artwork>
King Harold
Calc King

Post by King Harold »

It just annoys me..
If C++ somehow managed to make a splash thing every time a C++ program was run (of course it can't, but suppose it did) then everyone would hate it for sure
But java applets get away with it? (there are plenty of java haters, but usually not because of the splash screen)