GIMP 2.4

Feel like posting Off Topic? Do it here.

Moderator: MaxCoderz Staff

Halifax
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by Halifax »

Paint.NET requires less time to startup because it isn't even as powerful as GIMP in the manipulation area. It is more like just filters.
Liazon
Calc Guru

Post by Liazon »

so just wondering, what's the big deal about start up time? if i ever need to do something quickly, I just use MSPaint ^^
Image Image Image
blueskies
Calc Wizard

Post by blueskies »

kerm_martian wrote:GIMP 2.4 takes 3.6 seconds to load on my system.
me too.

I agree Ben, Gimp should really fix the window issues. I don't like having three windows (and now three items in my task bar) when using Gimp. one container window would be nice.
Liazon
Calc Guru

Post by Liazon »

oh ya, that's true, I hate it because I can't have too many other things open w/o the task bar getting over condensed.
Image Image Image
Halifax
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by Halifax »

Yeah that is one thing I wish they would do with GIMP is un register the windows for the taskbar. :(
benryves
Maxcoderz Staff

Post by benryves »

VirtuaWin might help (I give The GIMP and entire desktop to itself). Taskbar Shuffle also lets you rearrange taskbar buttons easily.

(Both are freeware).
blueskies
Calc Wizard

Post by blueskies »

benryves wrote:VirtuaWin might help (I give The GIMP and entire desktop to itself). Taskbar Shuffle also lets you rearrange taskbar buttons easily.

(Both are freeware).
Both are already available in GNOME. ;)

I'm waiting for something more along the lines of this. Basically the same thing that GIMPShop did, but without copying PS's layout.