Portal Easter Egg

Feel like posting Off Topic? Do it here.

Moderator: MaxCoderz Staff

Homestar
Extreme Poster

Portal Easter Egg

Post by Homestar »

Ok, First I'll post the link to the Portal End Credits song so you can listen to it while you read this post, as I really liked it. If you don't want to spoil it, fine. Clicky

Now I'll begin, I was watching a friend of my college friends play Portal, one of the Games in the Half-Life2 Orange Box Series. We were just messing around, and found this:

The writing in and beside the box says:

LOGIN: cjohnson __ Trust
PASSWORD: Tier3 __ Me

If you go to http://www.aperturescience.com (the name of the facility the game takes place in) this becomes access code

Type:

"LOGIN" - enter

(asks for the username) "cjohnson" -

(asks for the password)"Tier3"

Then it opens up and is just like a DOS System

Type in "Directory" for it to reveal the two other commands "notes" and "apply"

Type in "notes" for the history behind the Portal gun. My favorite were the three tiers, lol, I thought they were funny.

Type in "apply" to fill out the test patient application, it's really random and funny, but worth taking the time. Being about 50 pages long...

Anyway, thought I'd share this with you guys, as most people don't know it exists.
Image Image Image Homestar just earned .75 maxcoins for this post.
driesguldolf
Extreme Poster

Post by driesguldolf »

Homestar wrote:Ok, First I'll post the link to the Portal End Credits song so you can listen to it while you read this post, as I really liked it. If you don't want to spoil it, fine.
Yeah, I'm playing it 24/7 while coding ;)
GLaDOS wrote:[spoiler]Maybe Black Mesa, HAHA FAT CHANCE[/spoiler]
:lol:
Homestar wrote:Type in "notes" for the history behind the Portal gun. My favorite were the three tiers, lol, I thought they were funny.
That explains a lot :mrgreen: shower curtains ftw!
Homestar wrote:Type in "apply" to fill out the test patient application, it's really random and funny, but worth taking the time. Being about 50 pages long...
aaaaaw:
Edit: Now I think of it, I should have print-screen'ed it...
Edit2: OMG it's case sensitive... I can only type uppercase and the UIN(+L) is mostly lowercase... :shock:

Anyway I think the orange box is the best thing ever that has happend to mankind ^^
Liazon
Calc Guru

Post by Liazon »

that's pretty sick for an easter egg ^^
Image Image Image
Andy_J
Calc Master

Post by Andy_J »

The UIN(+L) you are given at the beginning is constantly changing anyway. Old news. :)

That website and application have been out for a looooong time before Portal.
ImageImage
Homestar
Extreme Poster

Post by Homestar »

really?

Why did they make it before portal, I mean it's kind of strange. Was this part of the 'project' that allowed the makers of portal to become part of the orange box?
Image Image Image Homestar just earned .75 maxcoins for this post.